It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary Cheney: "This Is A Baby. This Is Not A Political Statement."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
To Clarify before people fly of the deep end.

I have nothing against homosexuals.
I have homosexual friends who I can happily share a drink at the bar with.

If thats your choice, then fine go do it. As long as you dont come onto me, or shove it in my face what makes you happy, im happy for you.

but when a childs upbringing is at hand, I feel a child should be given the opportunity to make that decision himself, he should be brought up in a world where he learns the way 99% of other childeren do.

That your father is the male figure, who takes care of the family, teaches you baseball, watches sport with you, teaches you the birds and the bee's, women, beer all that jazz. A Father figure is important so you build up your masculinity.
A Mother is the carer, she cares for you, holds you, looks out for you. Shows you how to treat women, talks with you and all that.

This way a child grows up with the best of both worlds, understanding the world from both perspectives.
If he choses to become homosexual, thats his choice.

But if two women raise a child, it will confuse him. He will not get the benefits of a male figure head, or a female figure head depend on the sexuality of the adults.
Being they are same sex, obviously the child isnt conceived by them, so then the child grows up in an enviroment where his BIOLOGICAL parents ARE NOT togther, and are not with their own child.
Will this make him think its 'ok' for HIS childeren not to have 'both' parents?

Im all for sexuality of what ever course people chose,

But for gods sake, a child should not be raised in a same sex home.
homosexuality is not NATURAL/NORMAL Its a choice someone makes.
childeren need to grow up and learn from a NATURAL/NORMAL enviroment so they have natural/normal socio functions to DECIDE there future from.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
And to think I used to respect you.

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If she is a Lesbian, and is with a lesbian while having a child that is WRONG.

Says who, you? Are you God? I must have missed that at mass.

Gay couples, should be ALLOWEd, but they should never be allowed to ADOPT, or have childeren.

So, Hitler...I mean Agit8dChop, what to do. Sterilize all gays?

Ya know, I always hesitated posting my opinion about childeren in gay homes,
But I thought, nah ATS has a mature base, people who understand other people think differently.
But thankyou for correcting me, here I thought I could express my opinion without being spat upon for it.

So I think a child should be raised in a mother/father enviroment, and not a mother/mother enviroment.. holy cow bring out nuremburg im clearly the words greastest evil.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Agit8dChop, how the hell do you know it's not natural? Are you a scientist that has disproved that? Or did God just tell you? While there is not a lot of evidence that it is natural, there also isn't any, except theories, that it isn't. Until I was 11 I had a mother and a father. a "normal" family. Despite that my three brothers managed to all become drug addicts. Once my crazy mother was out of the picture we truely became normal. They have all cleaned up their lives and i'm happy to say i have two wonderful nephews. As long as a child is loved and properly care for, one mother, two mothers, it doesn't matter. Anyways, onto Dick Cheney.

A person cannot support one lesbian and not support all the others. Even if they are your daughter, it's not right.

Finally, What is the NWO planning to do with homosexuals??

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

But when a young child who's mind is develouping, see's two lesbian women lying on the couch, one with a shaved head, kissing and hugging, and all this, its not a 'normal' enviroment for a CHILD to grow up in.

But if one had a penis in their pants, the child would grow up absolutely healthy!

It absolutely would be normal. It's what he's seen all his life!

If thats your choice, then fine go do it. ... what makes you happy, im happy for you.

As long as "what makes you happy" doesn't include having a child, right?

I feel a child should be given the opportunity to make that decision himself,

No child gets the choice of the household he's born into.

If he choses to become homosexual, thats his choice.

That's always his "choice". There is the same incidence of homosexuality in children of straight homes as in children of gay homes (about 10%) (See Sources below). If this logic made sense, then all kids of straight parents would be straight. Homosexuality is not inherited.

But if two women raise a child, it will confuse him. He will not get the benefits of a male figure head, or a female figure head depend on the sexuality of the adults.

Do you know that children with gay parents are exposed to more people of the opposite sex than many kids of straight parents? (See Sources below)

homosexuality is not NATURAL/NORMAL Its a choice someone makes.

Do you know that many animals practice homosexuality and even parent in homosexual couples? (See Sources below)

And homosexual couples make great parents.

In a detailed study of parental behavior by female pairs of Ring-billed Gulls, scientists found no significant differences in quality of care provided by homosexual as opposed to heterosexual parents. They concluded that there was not anything that male Ring-billed Gull parents provided that two females could not offer equally well. This case is not exceptional: homosexual parents are generally as good at parenting as heterosexual ones. Examples of same-sex pairs successfully raising young have been documented in at least 20 species, and in a few cases, homosexual couples actually appear to have an advantage over heterosexual ones. Pairs of male Black Swans, for example, are often able to acquire the largest and best-quality territories for raising young because of their combined strength. Such fathers--dubbed "formidable" adversaries by one scientist--consequently tend to be more successful at raising offspring than most heterosexual pairs.
Homosexual Parents in the Animal Kingdom

Research
The Gay Animal Kingdom
List of Animals Displaying Homosexual Behavior

Now, you're certainly entitled to your opinion about homosexual parents but to say it isn't natural or normal or that the children are going to suffer is just plain incorrect.

If you're so open minded about gay people and have nothing against them, do some research and find the truth about gay parenting.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But if one had a penis in their pants, the child would grow up absolutely healthy!

Im failing to see the point here BH, you beleive using explicit words will make the situation OK?
But yes, should one parent have a vagina, and the other a penis.. that means man / women. congrats you clearly passed yr 7 sex ed.

As long as "what makes you happy" doesn't include having a child, right?

No, youve taken me out of context.
I said if they want to be gay, and have a gay relationship, good for them. Im happy they are happy with each other.
But when they decide to 'adopt' a child or what ever, that is not OK. Because that child is not growing up in a nuclear enviroment. In a 'FAMILY' enviroment, where the boy/girl has a FATHER, instead of a butch mother.

No child gets the choice of the household he's born into.

How true that is, but im not saying its the childs fault, or his direction he took. If they want to be loving caring parents, they wouldnt bring up a child in a homosexual enviroment.

That's always his "choice". There is the same incidence of homosexuality in children of straight homes as in children of gay homes (about 10%) (See Sources below). If this logic made sense, then all kids of straight parents would be straight. Homosexuality is not inherited.

Right again,
but if your grow up in a homosexual enviroment, seeing it as the norm, watching male parents kissing and holding each other in romantic ways on the couch, your will enevitably grow towards it.
Or are you saying Parents have NO Factor on there childerens thinking?

Do you know that children with gay parents are exposed to more people of the opposite sex than many kids of straight parents?

Yes, but its his PARENTS that mean the MOST isnt it.
If a gay friend visits my straight family every now and then, im not going to be influenced by him MORE than my straight parents am I ?

Do you know that many animals practice homosexuality and even parent in homosexual couples?

We are humans,not birds or apes BH.
I see animals eating there own feces, you want us to adopt?

Now, you're certainly entitled to your opinion about homosexual parents but to say it isn't natural or normal or that the children are going to suffer is just plain incorrect.
If you're so open minded about gay people and have nothing against them, do some research and find the truth about gay parenting.

No, a human is born as a straight person.
Why?
Because he has a 'penis' or 'vagina' **see your reference above
Now these 'NATURAL' body apendages were created in such a way to 'reproduce' when used with the OPPOSITE SEX's appendage.
Im sure you know this.

So, Your are born, in a Natural/Normal way to interact/reproduce with a member of the OPPOSITE SEX!

Your personally DECIDE to ignore the way 'nature' created you, and use this with a member of the same sex...

So there fore, your sexuality is not /normal/natural but it is a method you have CHOSEN to do differently.

Again Im happy if you make this choice, go for it.
I am opened minded.

But I beleive a child deserve sto be born in to a NORMAL NUCLEAR FAMILY. I do not beleive in religion, but i believe in the human form.

and human beings were NEVER CREATED To have sexual intercourse with members of the SAME SEX!
Raising a child in this 'un-natural' enviroment ISNT HEALTHY FOR HIS MIND!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
BH, do any of those studies conclude that raising a child in a homosexual environment does not increase or decrease the natural chances of that child also becoming gay?

Because honestly, I'd be hard pressed to believe it if they concluded that it did not affect the naturally occurring percentage of homosexuality in the population. And it's not like it takes a rocket scientist to figure that if a child grows up in that environment, they are more likely to be influenced in that direction.

Then there also is this problem: Can the rest of the straight population count on gay couples to expose the child to any kind of heterosexual foundation at home? And in such a manner that it is completely left up to the child to decide their own sexuality?

And what about the issue of other kids at school finding out that Joey has two gay men as parents, and the resulting redicule? Now THAT is not proper for any kid to have to deal with. That is FORCED upon a child the minute two gay people decide to raise the child. And that just isn't right, for the kid's sakes. Kids have enough trouble getting through school as it is in one piece with all the other crap going on in the world, to have to deal with that as well. You can forget Mrs. Joey treating the kids to apple pie or sodas at Joey's house. Instead you get daddy's buddy dressed in tights offering up pickles and bananas?

Come ON. I'm totally with Agit8 on this one. I got no problem with gays, except when it comes to raising kids. That right should be given up the minute they come out of the closet. For all the above mentioned reasons as well as a thousand more that are not immediately evident. It's one thing to have to learn to live with gays in the community, and that's fine. But it's another to FORCE a kid into close, constant proximity to the lifestyle who otherwise, and statistically, would probably be straight.

"Daddy, well ok, I see that it's ok to just love a man," says the boy. "But then how is it you were able to have me? And where's my Mom?"

"Well, son. Forget your mom. Love your new gay dad. And I expect you to hug and kiss him every night, just as if he was your mom. Live with it, too bad."

Nuh uh. It's not ok. Not in my book. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many other twisted social issues that are forced upon a child with gays raising children, I could argue the point all night long, no matter how many studies you cite, BH. It's forced upon the kid, at home. No go.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
BH, do any of those studies conclude that raising a child in a homosexual environment does not increase or decrease the natural chances of that child also becoming gay?

As I said in my previous post (which you would have seen had you read it OR checked the source for yourself):

There is the same incidence of homosexuality in children of straight homes as in children of gay homes (about 10%) (See Sources below).

And it's not like it takes a rocket scientist to figure that if a child grows up in that environment, they are more likely to be influenced in that direction.

Apparently it does...

Can the rest of the straight population count on gay couples to expose the child to any kind of heterosexual foundation at home?

I'll tell you what. You read my post AND the sources and then come back and ask these questiong if you still have them. OK?

As I said before, you're absolutely entitled to have your opinion about gay couples having kids. Fortunately, no one is forcing you to be involved.

Instead you get daddy's buddy dressed in tights offering up pickles and bananas?

Come ON. I'm totally with Agit8 on this one.

Clearly. And that's ok.

"Daddy, well ok, I see that it's ok to just love a man," says the boy. "But then how is it you were able to have me? And where's my Mom?"

"Well, son. Forget your mom. Love your new gay dad. And I expect you to hug and kiss him every night, just as if he was your mom. Live with it, too bad."

That may be how you would handle it, but in many gay couples it is explained thusly:

"Son, we wanted you so badly that we got some help from a nice lady. She donated her help because she knew how much we wanted you..." and so on.

And in many cases, the "other" parent is involved in the child's life as the biological parent, called "Aunt Jenny" or whatever. There are many options. But it's MY experience that the children are NOT taught to forget about the other biological parent or lied to. I know some of these kids and they are very well-adjusted and know exactly how they came to be adn are absolutely healthy and happy.

"Love your new gay dad"?
The "new gay dad" has been there changing the kid's diapers since he was born! He's not new at all! It's all the kid's ever known!

Mary Cheney has been with her partner for 15 years or something. She's not the "new gay mom"!
This kid will know 2 moms his whole life!

It's people like you that will give this kid the hardest time of his life. Thanks.

(See the sources for that, too)

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Your personally DECIDE to ignore the way 'nature' created you, and use this with a member of the same sex...

Why does he choose this if his parents are straight?

Again Im happy if you make this choice, go for it.

I have not made this "choice". I am a straight woman, happily married to a man. I just know that my way isn't the only way.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Im happy youve made the choice,

but had you of been adopted to lesbian women, and grown up learning lesbian values and attitutdes, can you safely say you'd be in the same position you are now ?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

lesbian values and attitutdes,

What are those?

I can't answer your question until you tell me what those are.

And you didn't answer my question.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Simple,

Lesbian values and attitutes.
Specifically, that your lesbian parents.

There's no father figure in the house, to raise the child and give him the 'masculine' side of childhood to develoupd from.
A butch women, is no parent COMPARED to a father.

A lesbian couple dont have SEX as the original fashion is...
They have copious foreplay.

MEN, more so FATHERS, dont have PERIODS once a month, where as a buthc female does.

These are all 'different' aspects from 'normal' parent hood which a child will not understand in his early years.

For a child to grow up, and be able to make the decision of his sexuality, he should grow up in a nuclear family.
Growing up in a gay family, will ultimately alter his decision.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Why does he choose this if his parents are straight?

He doesnt nessecarily CHOOSE this if his parents are straight.
But being straight, is the way NATURE intended you to be.
YOU CHOOSE to go against NATURE if you decide to be homosexual after growing up in a straight enviroment.
However, if you grow up in an enviroment of a GAY family, you still CHOOSE what sexuality to have, but being raised in a family of GAY attituted, you ultimately grow up believing THAT to be normal.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You call those Values and Attitudes?

A lesbian couple dont have SEX as the original fashion is...
They have copious foreplay.

And the CHILD knows this? The child knows about his mom's period? You let your child know how you have sex??? :shk:

I hope you don't have children...

He doesnt nessecarily CHOOSE this if his parents are straight.

But if the parents are gay, he chooses.
And if his parents are straight and he's gay, then he chose to be gay, right? Have I got it now?

So basically, if a child is straight, he didnt make a choice to be so, but if he's gay, he did make a choice to be so.

I'm sorry, but everything you say is not supported ANYWHERE but in your imagination. In fact, I say FACT, your opinions on this subject are completely in disagreement with ALL studies.

So go on in your fantasy. Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion, whether based on fact or fantasy. Later.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Jee's BH, touchy touchy.
this is a debate ffs...

You saying up until you were a teenager you didnt know the realities in the bedroom at your parents house?

And im not saying the childeren are aware of there parents period.

but crap, imagine sitting in sex ed class, the teacher going
rah rah rah, periods, sex
you sit there thinking ... well, my parents BOTH do that actually.

The child CHOOSES what sexuality he is when he becomes an adult.
Nature made him STRAIGHT. FACT!

You grow up in a straight home, your ultimately growing up in a NATURAL enviroment the way NATURE intended it to be.
You still CHOOSE what sexuality you are, but being you've grown up around hetrosexual people, you yourself will relate to that and grow to it.
But if you grow up with GAY parents, and GAY people you will relate to that being its what you have known all your life.

BH, your a senoir and respected person on this board, but far out.. if your not going to debate in a civil manner then bug'r off.
I thought we were having a intellegent convo here about opinions, but thanks for telling me I must be living in a fantasy world simply because I dont agree!

nice n mature!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Simple question

If baby is raised by homosexual males,
does he grow up with MORE of a tendancy to be homosexual?

In your opinion?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If baby is raised by homosexual males,
does he grow up with MORE of a tendancy to be homosexual?

No, not at all. Not in my opinion and not according to any studies on the subject. I have said this 3 times already in this thread.

I'm not upset. There's just no use "debating" opinion. You have yours. I have mine. Then there are studies, indicators, facts.

I know a little boy (well he's actually quite large for his age) with 2 mommies. He loves motorcycles, takes Tai Quan Do and is a very well balanced young man. There's no indication that he's gay or unmasculine at all. They make sure he has plenty of male role models.

(And neither of his moms are "butch")
Another myth.

I'm sorry, I have just known so many gay people in my 50 years, with and without kids, and seems to me by the way you talk that it's not something you've had a lot of personal exposure to or you wouldn't be saying the things you are.

You just can't generalize with kids of gay homes any more than you can generalize with anything.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you actually want to talk about what is natural, monogomy is techically NOT what homo sapiens naturally are.

We are in fact more inclined towards polygamy, as most primates and certainly our closest primates use this method. In fact only 3-5% of all mammals are socially monogomous. Many societies still practice polygamy.

Monogomy and the 'nuclear family' IS a choice, just like what you think homosexuality is, and is relatively new, a product of culture, it is not natural to the human species.

males, traditionally and in most mammilian species, have little to no role in raising and caring for young. They mate, they leave, or they stay around in a troop but don't do much else, the females in the group take care of the young. You can pretend all you want that humans are completely different than animals, but the fact is that scientifically we are very similar biologically. Luckily we have free will and can choose to do things that are not natural.

I prefer monogomy, but if you're going to get technical, thats the truth.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by BallOfPopulation]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You saying up until you were a teenager you didnt know the realities in the bedroom at your parents house?

I don't remember when I realized that my parents actually had sex, but it was well after my formative years.

but crap, imagine sitting in sex ed class, the teacher going
rah rah rah, periods, sex
you sit there thinking ... well, my parents BOTH do that actually.

Most kids of gay homes are well aware of where they came from and how they got here by the time they have sex ed class. You'd be surprised at how consciencious gay parents are about their kids' education on such things. They do NOT let a grade school teacher try to explain such things to the kid.

Another thing... Gay parents REALLY have to want a child to have one. It's not something that can happen by accident or because some form of birth control didn't work. They have to go WAY out of their way to have a kid, so the kids are usually treated better, more educated and have more attention and care than many kids of straight homes.

For example, I'd much rather see a kid in a gay home that with Britney and Kevin. Those poor boys are who we should be concerned about.

The child CHOOSES what sexuality he is when he becomes an adult.
Nature made him STRAIGHT. FACT!

Shouting FACT! does not make it true, hon. There is NO indication whatsoever that kids are born straight and "choose" to go gay when they grow up.

You grow up in a straight home, your ultimately growing up in a NATURAL enviroment the way NATURE intended it to be.
You still CHOOSE what sexuality you are, but being you've grown up around hetrosexual people, you yourself will relate to that and grow to it.
But if you grow up with GAY parents, and GAY people you will relate to that being its what you have known all your life.

And your PhD in Sociology is from what school?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Mary Cheney, lesbian daughter of US Vice President Richard Cheney, made a statement to the press in an attempt to deflect left-wing criticism of her choice to become a mother, and by default, a criticism of her father's conservative values. Dick Cheney has been labeled a hypocrite for his support of his daughter.

www.nytimes.com
Mary Cheney, the lesbian daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney, for the first time yesterday publicly defended her decision to become pregnant and asserted that same-sex couples were equally capable of raising children as heterosexual couples.

Mary Cheney, at a Glamour magazine panel at Barnard College Wednesday, said of her baby: “It is not a political statement. It is not a prop to be used in a debate, on either side of a political issue. It is my child.”
“When Heather and I decided to have a baby, it was not going to be the most popular decision ever,” Ms. Cheney said, referring to her partner of 15 years, Heather Poe.

She then gestured to her middle — any bulge disguised by a boxy jacket — and asserted: “This is a baby. This is a blessing from God. It is not a political statement. It is not a prop to be used in a debate by people on either side of an issue. It is my child.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is the statement, and the argument, that Mary's supporters have been making all along. Still, she has been attacked by the left wing in an attempt to muck-rake. We should all respsect her privacy, and that of her family.

To attempt to label her father a hypocrite because of his love and support for his daughter smacks of the worst kind of political mudslinging. Both Kerry and Edwards, two monumental losers, tried to disparage Mary in 2004, and look where it landed them.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

Mary SHOULD be left alone, she's a daughter of a political figure, not one herself. Whatever you think of gay marriage is irrelevant imo. It's not going away anytime soon. What IS relevant is the stance of her father. He supports his daughter, as any father should BUT he would deny the same to others that aren't his kin.

YES jsobecky, Mr. Cheney IS a hypocrite. And this should be the focus here imo, not a woman that just wants to have kids, like most other women.

Bottom line, Mary isn't the issue here. I wager she'll be a helluva parent.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ok BH, I took your challenge to hit the books on the effects of same-sex parenting on children. And before I even did, I had the gut feeling that many of those studies were likely conducted by organizations sympathetic to gays and interested in legitimizing their right to bear children, as opposed to unbiased, credible scientific studies. As it turns out, I was pretty much right on the money.

What do we know about the effects of same-sex parenting?

Whenever advocates shoot down findings that work in their favor, the result carries extra credibility. In this case it helps, too, that the professor stepping forth to do so, Judith Stacey, is a well-known sociologist whose strident advocacy of "alternative" families has made her a nemesis of traditionalists. Stacey's stringent assessment of 21 of the better studies on gay child-rearing, in an article titled "(How) Does the Sexual Orientation of Parents Matter?" cut through the ideological static that such a charged area of research almost inevitably generates. (Co-authored with Timothy J. Biblarz, it appeared in the American Sociological Review in 2001.)

Stacey readily concurred with the traditionalist critics' charge that scholarship in the still-fledgling field of gay parenting has been conducted almost entirely by researchers sympathetic to gay concerns. This is precisely why she set out to subject the studies to a "heightened degree of critical scrutiny." She focused in on the difficulties that have stymied good, systematic work.

But don't take my word for it or for that matter, Stacey's. Would a couple of independent PHD's opinions of the major 49 studies on same-sex parents help?

Here is what their Excutive Summary says from their document
No Basis: What the Studies Don’t Tell Us About Same-Sex Parenting:

Executive Summary

It is routinely asserted in courts, journals and the media that it makes “no difference” whether a child has a mother and a father, two fathers,
or two mothers. Reference is often made to social-scientific studies that
are claimed to have “demonstrated” this.

An objective analysis, however, demonstrates that there is no basis for this
assertion. The studies on which such claims are based are all gravely deficient.

Robert Lerner, Ph.D., and Althea Nagai, Ph.D., professionals in the
field of quantitative analysis, evaluated 49 empirical studies on same-sex
(or homosexual) parenting.

The evaluation looks at how each study carries out six key research
tasks: (1) formulating a hypothesis and research design; (2) controlling
for unrelated effects; (3) measuring concepts (bias, reliability and validity);
(4) sampling; (5) statistical testing; and (6) addressing the problem
of false negatives (statistical power).

Each chapter of the evaluation describes and evaluates how the studies
utilized one of these research steps. Along the way, Lerner and Nagai
offer pointers for how future studies can be more competently done.
Some major problems uncovered in the studies include the following:

Unclear hypotheses and research designs

Missing or inadequate comparison groups

Self-constructed, unreliable and invalid measurements

Non-random samples, including participants who recruit other participants

Samples too small to yield meaningful results

Missing or inadequate statistical analysis

Lerner and Nagai found at least one fatal research flaw in all fortynine
studies. As a result, they conclude that no generalizations can reliably
be made based on any of these studies. For these reasons the studies
are no basis for good science or good public policy.

So in essense, the studies all you good people are basing your opinions on to feel righteous in proclaiming same-sex child rearing ok, are flawed and prove nothing. Much further study is needed to really be able to come to any scientific, and not emotional conclusion that there are no measureable detrimental effects on children of same-sex parents.

Until those studies can happen, preassessing the viability of such same-sex arrangements based on those studies is misleading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join