It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary Cheney: "This Is A Baby. This Is Not A Political Statement."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The child will be warped.

Its hard to talk without totally coming across the wrong way..

But homosexuality isnt normal.
Its a direction the human brain chose to take because of outside/external influences.

This child will be growing up in a home where the common nuclear family doesnt exist.
A father, A mother and the childeren.
A young child needs a father to develoup certain social skills and specific brain functions.

With two women raising a child, be it a boy or a girl it will have an altered state of mind.

Flame me all you like, I am not religous nor racist or what ever.
I jsut believe a child should be brought into the world only in an enviroment that means it has all the opportunities and assistance that a 'normal' family IS!

The child is the only one that will suffer

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

But homosexuality isnt normal.
Its a direction the human brain chose to take because of outside/external influences.

This child will be growing up in a home where the common nuclear family doesnt exist.
A young child needs a father to develoup certain social skills and specific brain functions.

With two women raising a child, be it a boy or a girl it will have an altered state of mind.

Flame me all you like, I am not religous nor racist or what ever.
I jsut believe a child should be brought into the world only in an enviroment that means it has all the opportunities and assistance that a 'normal' family IS!

Honesty like I have rarely seen on ATS.

I stipulate to your comments regarding the value of the "normal" family.

But what would you do if you were in Cheney's shoes?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I grew up without a father, and only one mother. Many people do. Its so easy to get a divorce and leave your family in this day and age, that the 'nuclear' family hardly exists anymore.

So everyone in a single parent household is warped? And if so, is it then wrong to grow up in a single parent household, or to knowingly create this situation for a child?

Is it better to grow up in a single parent household than to have gay parents?

I know you did not suggest this Agit8d, but to those that would agree with the statement 'gay marriage should be illegal', or 'gays should not be allowed to adopt or have children', should divorce also be illegal, as it creates an 'unnatural' environment for the children involved?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This post is mixing seperate issues as if they were one, that is the problem

1) Mary Cheney worked on her fathers political campaign and on the campaign trail both elections. She is fair game at that point. There is no "moral high ground" when mud is thrown at the other side, it comes back. thats the reality of politics. Grow up already.

2) Mary Cheney is the gay daughter of the Vice President who actively seeks to squash gay rights, except those of his daughter. If the VP's daughter can have a baby and enjoy full parental rights, then all gays can have children and have full parental rights.

3) Mary Cheney is loved by her father. Why is it so hard for her father to accept other gay children, parents, partners and relatives love theirs just as much.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Mary Cheney, lesbian daughter of US Vice President Richard Cheney, made a statement to the press in an attempt to deflect left-wing criticism of her choice to become a mother, and by default, a criticism of her father's conservative values. Dick Cheney has been labeled a hypocrite for his support of his daughter.

Right On Mr. Chaney!

Dick Chaney is doing the right thing, supporting his family and HIS child. Anyone who would dare point fingers at our Vice President for being a good father needs to be slapped. I wonder if they could do something so noble if faced with a simular perdicument? (I doubt it)

Politics has it's place, but trying to use it to attact someone's family because you don't care for their political views is a new low. I'm disgusted to see politics hit this new low!

I know America has a lot of flaws, but I REALLY though we were better then this!

Tim

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation

I grew up without a father, and only one mother. Many people do. Its so easy to get a divorce and leave your family in this day and age, that the 'nuclear' family hardly exists anymore.

So everyone in a single parent household is warped? And if so, is it then wrong to grow up in a single parent household, or to knowingly create this situation for a child?

I too grew up in a broken family. And YES IMHO it is wrong "to knowingly create this situation for a child". Before my family broke I was a bright child with a love for learning and school, afterwards my life went downhill, I stopped liking school and my teenage years were wasted on drink and drugs. This was mainly due to the fact that my father wasn't around and my mother couldn't control me by herself.

I expect the case to be similair if the lesbians have a boy as it is difficult enough for the father to control a teenage son and I feel almost impossible for the mother...

I guess people are different, but from what I saw of the broken family children around me they seemed to mirror my existance.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
How is it not hyporitical for Cheney to embrace the one man, one woman marriage family values that is part and parcel of the GOP platform but make exceptions when it comes to his daughter.

I totally agree! Cheney is fair game when it comes to his stance on gay marriage. He's the Vice-President. His daughter will never have to worry about her inheritance, life insurance or visiting her partner should she be sick in the hospital. Mary Cheney is privileged and while she may not be able to get "married" by law, she will never have to deal with the problems that the gay population at large does because of their inability to get married by law.

But Mary should not have to answer for or explain her father's political views. And what she said about her baby is completely within her right. And who knows? Maybe SHE doesn't support gay marriage. She is a Cheney, after all.

Now...

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
lord only knows what kind of effects is has on the offspring.

Actually, the Lord isn't the only one who knows. There are numerous studies that show that kids raised in gay households have the same amount of issues and intelligence and healthy outlook as the general population. Many times, they're more well-adjusted. And most of the problems they do encounter is in facing ignorant criticism from homophobic people who don't know better.

There is absolutely no evidence that children are psychologically or physically harmed in any way by having LGBT parents. There is, however, much evidence that shows that they are not.

People with LGBT parents have the same incidence of homosexuality as the general population, about 10%. No research has ever shown that LGBT parents have any affect on the sexuality of their children.
Daughters of lesbians have higher self-esteem than daughters of straight women. Sons are more caring and less aggressive.
Source

Oh, I think you're coming across just fine.
I get you loud and clear. Read up some on it. Educate yourself.

Originally posted by el fuego
This post is mixing seperate issues as if they were one,

Absolutely agree!

1) Mary Cheney worked on her fathers political campaign and on the campaign trail both elections. She is fair game at that point.

But she is well within her right to tell people it's none of their business. She's having a baby. And do you know that she disagrees with her father on gay marriage? Besides, they're allowed to disagree.

2) Mary Cheney is the gay daughter of the Vice President who actively seeks to squash gay rights, except those of his daughter.

I know he's part of the squash gay rights group', but does he actively seek to squash ALL gay rights? What rights is Mary Cheney seeking that falls in the realm of "gay rights"? She's having a baby, but that's hardly confined to gay people.

It's not like she's being allowed to get married because of her position.

3) Mary Cheney is loved by her father. Why is it so hard for her father to accept other gay children, parents, partners and relatives love theirs just as much.

Good question. He's an idiot? Millions of people just can't accept it. "What about the children"?!?!?!?!? The children are FINE!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
And to think I used to respect you.

If she is a Lesbian, and is with a lesbian while having a child that is WRONG.

Says who, you? Are you God? I must have missed that at mass.

Gay couples, should be ALLOWEd, but they should never be allowed to ADOPT, or have childeren.

So, Hitler...I mean Agit8dChop, what to do. Sterilize all gays?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So, you're saying that children who grow up without a father (either by divorce or father leaving) will also develop certain unnatural social skills? How many people is that? A hell of alot.

And I'd hate to be YOUR child with this mentallity.

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How can you expect to be taken seriously when you bash people for what they think, and then turn right around and try to say something smart? Putting quotes and smily faces, that is childish I thought we were a bunch of grown ups! What is so above top secret about this Thread.

I vote to have this thread deleted!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
goddogo1, to whom are you speaking? An individual or everyone? It's hard to tell.

And do you have something to say about the original topic or did you just come on here to sling insults at unspecified posters?

C. We don't vote to have threads deleted here. The staff deletes threads only if there's a good reason.

Now, On topic:

Regardless her views on same sex marriage, Mary Cheney opposed the Constitutional amendment to ban it. Personally, I can totally understand her disagreeing with her father, yet supporting him and campaigning for him. Rarely have I supported 100% of what a candidate stood for. I think never, in fact.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. Can someone spell it out for me?

Mary Cheney did not publicly express her opinion of the amendment until her autobiography, Now It's My Turn, where she stated her opposition to the amendment, yet felt it important to support the president's re-election bid as she felt only he was capable of protecting the country from terrorist attacks.
Wiki

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Regardless her views on same sex marriage, Mary Cheney opposed the Constitutional amendment to ban it. Personally, I can totally understand her disagreeing with her father, yet supporting him and campaigning for him. Rarely have I supported 100% of what a candidate stood for. I think never, in fact.

Doesn't Mr. Cheney actually oppose the constitutional amendment also? I thought I heard that somewhere that he does but can't say that he opposses Bush. I may be just pulling this out my arse also.

Either way, I do commend Mr. Cheney for sticking up for his daughter. I just wish he would stick up for the rest of us gay people also.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

goddogo1, to whom are you speaking? An individual or everyone? It's hard to tell.

And do you have something to say about the original topic or did you just come on here to sling insults at unspecified posters?

C. We don't vote to have threads deleted here. The staff deletes threads only if there's a good reason.

Now, On topic:

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. Can someone spell it out for me?

Mary Cheney did not publicly express her opinion of the amendment until her autobiography, Now It's My Turn, where she stated her opposition to the amendment, yet felt it important to support the president's re-election bid as she felt only he was capable of protecting the country from terrorist attacks.
Wiki

I am speaking to the people that just bash what ever anybody says. Just like you did me Benevolent Heretic at the start of your last post here.
I know we at ATS here do not delete threads. I was just pointing out the obvious and it looks like it worked. Thank you so much. Also

Back to the topic!

what any one does in their spare time is up to them. But when you go and start talking about it on nationl television then you are making it where any one can talk about it weither it being good or bad statements to gain political gain. I think that is wrong. I would like to beat the people that do that with soap in socks and them tied to a bed. But that is not the answer for what is going on and anger will not solve this issue.

IF you don't want your underware seen by the neighbor, don't hang them out on the line! ---goddogo1

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Now, On topic:

Whoa, BH. Let's not mislead anybody here. There have been movements on both sides of the issue, but there has been no Constitutional amendement passed in either direction. It's still a state's rights decision.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Griff, your post jogged my memory. I remember hearing that, too.

Cheney Differs with Bush on Amendment to Ban Gay Marriage

Vice President Dick Cheney surprised many of his and President Bush's most conservative supporters by publicly differing with the president on the issue of same-sex marriage.
Cheney indicated that he was maintaining the same position on legalizing same-sex marriage that he espoused during the 2000 presidential campaign--that that decision should be left up to individual states.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Whoa, BH. Let's not mislead anybody here.

Sorry? How did I mislead anyone? I'm confused...

Oh, OK. Gotcha. I should have said:

Mary Cheney opposed a Constitutional amendment to ban it.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by goddogo1

I would like to beat the people that do that with soap in socks and them tied to a bed.

Let me just say that I'm positive that you'd get a lot of takers from here for that bit of fun.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Whoa, BH. Let's not mislead anybody here.

Sorry? How did I mislead anyone? I'm confused...

Oh, OK. Gotcha. I should have said:

Mary Cheney opposed a Constitutional amendment to ban it.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

Regardless her views on same sex marriage, Mary Cheney opposed the Constitutional amendment to ban it.

It implies that such an amendment exists. Remember the audience.

I would have said "any such proposal".

[edit on 2-2-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just the SIMPLE FACT that she mentioned this was not a political statement or to be used on one side of the fence as apposed to the other ... ... Just let's me know that she knows that it will affect different political parties ... and she is willing to go through with that ...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sigh,

NO, if you grow up in a single parent enviroment your still getting SOME what of your social apparatus, your 'mother' or 'father' still guides you as if there was a father/mother..

But when a young child who's mind is develouping, see's two lesbian women lying on the couch, one with a shaved head, kissing and hugging, and all this, its not a 'normal' enviroment for a CHILD to grow up in.

Gay marriage, hey fine go for it.

But when a young childs LIFE is at stake, you should not be allowed to raise him up in a GAY home.

Its the same with men,

a young male growing up from birth to adult hood with 2x homosexual males as its parents will not have the normal 'nuclear' family understanding as a nuclear family child, or a SINGLE parent child.

The world was made when a man, and a women come together and have childeren. That the bottom line, dont like it bad f'n luck cause thats how YOU Came into the world.

We should not be changing the foundations in which we were ALL CREATED FROM.

A mother/Father 'sense' is the only basis for a child to have when growing up, because that MOTHER and that FATHER conceived the CHILD. That is what makes him a normal KID.

But when he's created by two people, then one of them leaves because the other is GAY, and wants NO PARTY in the kids normal upbringing, it warps a child DRASTICALLY.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join