It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May not work for you, Part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Alright, looking at the original, I realize that anybody who isn't interested in putting a great deal of effort into the conversation is not going to bother with that thread. Hence, I made a part 2, which will be hopefully much shorter. It will leave out a great deal of detail, but I will put a link to the full thread if you really want to get down to it.

Basically my views are that we are who we are for a distinct reason. It wasn't to follow some external rules and follow the same path. We were each meant to follow a certian path based on who we are. It takes a very "out side of the box" point of view to realize the benefits of things we would view as negative. I can think of some instances where a wrong commited ended leading to a great oppertunity for me or other. Thats why I don't believe in the rule that certian things we should not do.

I am not saying "if it feels good do it." Not everything is meant to feel good. What I AM saying is "if it feels right, do it." Thing is I don't believe anyone can tell you what is right, but you, since you and some one else are not the same. You weren't meant to follow the same rules.

We were each made to follow a specific path, that some may view as wrong, but only view it as wrong because they cannot see the bigger picture.

I provide a link to my full thoughts about religion, the rules, and life, here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

Like I said, it is very long, even though it not off the first page yet. If you wish to really discuss the topic and really get that brain working, take a look.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Where is part One? Just out of general curiosity?

I do *think* i understand, to a great extent, what you are succintly trying to make a point regarding with Part 2 - but of course correct me if i am off on my own mad dash on your dime.
i've done it before and certainly will do it again.

I have basically lived my whole 38 years doing according to what felt 'right' to me on an exclusive and absolute level; as much as possible and of course circumstances dictate but my parents were totally willing to me to follow my course and after that i pretty much didn't stay too long in situations which interfered with my perogative to follow my inner voice...

And like you mention, many get this confused with wanton lack of self-discipline or lack of courtesy, empathy, or even responsibility toward the other beings on the planet...but in reality i have found that it is only when i listen to others or worry about what OTHER people think about me more than what i see in my eyes when i look in the mirror every day (always somehow 'answering' to myself or maybe it is what most people call God but i don't see God in the mirror unless God sees me in his mirror, LOL)

anyway...when i listen to THEM and not to ME/WE...i usually end up hurting others, hurting self, damaging personal goals or those of my loved ones or neighbors...IOW i F%#k up when i don't do according to what 'sits well' with myself.

The older i get the less i feel inclined to offer explanations for my choices much less seek approval - anymore by the time any of my own decisions develop to the point of affecting others, i have things thought out enough that it seems no one even notices i had decisions or thresholds to cross.

And i can honestly say i have absolutely no regrets whatsoever and i really don't have much stress. i don't hurt others and slow and steady seems to win both the race and help others along, too - without anyone noticing which is also preferable to me as far as being left alone to do what 'feels right for me.'

Bugs Bunny first gave me the axiom 'to thine own self be true' and i really think it is one of the most prudent policies a person can apply to life....

mine basically are
1. be honest (live in integrity which means trying not to lie even to self)
2. do not judge others but instead but yourself in their shoes and see why they do what they do - we all have our reasons and they usually aren't about anyone but ourselves which leads to
3. don't take anything personal unless it comes from yourself (as mom says 'you aren't the only fish in the sea' - works for both egoism and paranoia! )
4. (much like 3) mind your own business which means take care of what is yours fully and let everyone else do the same....they will if you let them and if you are busy with your own life you won't feel so obliged to meddle.
5. if someone needs help then help...if they need a ride give them one...this one in practice totally proves karma as the law of balance over all life...never let someone walk and you'll never have to walk very far yourself...even in 2 foot of snow 40 miles from BFE!

6. Even though #5 gives returns NEVER expect any....ever...of any sort. Never give in order to get. Give to give.

7. Look yourself in the mirror FOR REAL at least once each day - not the same as when you brush your teeth - but look into your own eyes and see who you are and make sure you are man enough to meet yourself head on...when you can't, then you must make a change because you aren't lining up with you principles...and the beginning of compromise is the start of an insidious decline that you may never have the chance to even SEE again if you don't SEE it the first time. Warning: it will hurt, though - but it is cauterization whereas compromise is more like insidious cancer than never hurts just eats away at what is alive inside you...maybe i should say a malignant tapeworm (but that is a really vividly gross thought yuk)...

okay

duh i see you put a link for part one so i'll read that and maybe come back here or say something there. maybe these should have gone there?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree with your rules mostly except the Karma bit. If you are a shy person or person who is for some reason not comfortable with putting yourself out there, then don't. If you feel that you shouldn't pick them up, then don't. You may not be aware but had you not picked up that man, the next person would have been his future wife and his biggest happiness in life. God was expecting your personality to kick in, and pass him by, so that his future wife would pick him up.

We are who we are for a reason.

If some guy is out in the middle of nowhere and its suppose to be real cold, it will go through your head that leaving him may kill him. All details are things that YOU must weigh, and do what you feel is right. May you don't pick him up...and maybe thats how it was intended to be to begin with.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
I agree with your rules mostly except the Karma bit.

Well that is even more generous than i expected....just heard is fine with me.
But i do appreciate the point you make and i should STRESS (as if i am steve-o on MTV wildboyz)

Don't be stupid like me at home....jk you know the drill.

But seriously i truly say to anyone: do not do as i do or even as i say...my rules are mine and i'm rather selfish with them...they could also be dangerous if misapplied to the wrong person as would be anyone else's applied to me...mainly because that would make me really grizzly and grumpy

If you are a shy person or person who is for some reason not comfortable with putting yourself out there, then don't. If you feel that you shouldn't pick them up, then don't.

Absolutely. The bottom line for me is always GUT. GUT is God for me..as far as never misleading, not deceitful, and too quick on the trigger to be my own vacillating libra mind...

And you are wise and prudent for adding that - thank you for that. I wasn't thinking broadly enough but maybe because i was only talking about what is right for me (thread topic, right?)

You may not be aware but had you not picked up that man, the next person would have been his future wife and his biggest happiness in life.

Or not had your first hit of timothy leary colored paper special.

God was expecting your personality to kick in, and pass him by, so that his future wife would pick him up.

Thank God for that, too! hee hee

We are who we are for a reason.

That's the most efficient bit of wisdom i've heard in some time! WATS for you, Grim Reaper!
THAT is so true...we all have a part and each part is part of the whole.

If some guy is out in the middle of nowhere and its suppose to be real cold, it will go through your head that leaving him may kill him.

Yep - because one time that cold guy was me and my ex....and we'd walked in 2 foot of snow for 6 hours solid and it was fixing to get dark...we were still in the middle of nowhere. Luckily someone came along. Of course he stopped his truck and didn't actually get around to offering us a ride (he was intending to go all the way through the road but we KNEW his 2 wheel drive wouldn't make it because our 4 wheel wouldn't have) but truth be told when he stopped his truck annie jumped in and mike followed. The guy was not going to argue with that....and it only took about 1/8 of a mile back the way we'd come before he realized he'd have to take us back because he'd be walking with us if he tried to go further.
I forced that good samaritan and i never once felt i shouldn't have. A truck is a truck when you're turning rapidly into the bumble...

All details are things that YOU must weigh, and do what you feel is right. May you don't pick him up...and maybe thats how it was intended to be to begin with.

In deed. For me, personally, i have never had a bad vibe or a bad experience....and also i am a rather bold person and have a distant fear threshhold (read: headlong and foolish and a big job for my my angel....or three)....i also have a way with words that has indeed probably turned a potentially bad situation around just because i refuse to accept what i can change....and i can change a lot if i mean to be positive in the world for other people.

But probably caution is a bigger concern for most people than me...i'm not cautious with karma.

new topics

top topics

join