It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens eat humans?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi, ive read alot of things on this site that talks about aliens eating humans or breeding us to be a better food source. Im just going to give you all my opinion and i would to hear what you all have to think of it.

Why would aliens want to eat us? first of all there are tons of other animals that would have tons more meat on them besides us. I mean come on we dont harvest apes to eat, we harvest cows, chickens animals like that. We eat pretty stupid animals compared to us, like if a chicken gets out of its pen, really nothing to worry about, a cow gets out, just watch out for your foot while you guide it to its pen. On the other hand if a human got out of one of its pens for an alien, that could mean tons of deaths for them, humans are the best at destroying things and we are smart and strong enough to bash one of these little aliens brains in no problem.

My point is do you guys even know what aliens eat? Do they even eat foods that we can produce on earth? If i was as smart as an alien i wouldnt eat something as dangerous as a human. Dont you think they could grow there own food, or have some means of taking food with them in pill form. they arent that big they cant eat a whole lot.

p.s. i know my grammer sucks, please dont comment on it, i know i should have paid more attention in highschool english class instead of talking to girls.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by nightsescape]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't think the aliens eat humans entirely. There are probably some aliens that eat only certain parts such as the blood. This may be the reason that the mutilated remains of animals are often completely drained of blood. This may be partly responsible for some of the legends about nosferatu (vampires), and when you think about it, the nosferatu vampire looks like a gray alien. Also, like vampires the aliens are usually active at night.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I suppose it would be more fruitful to ponder why aliens might eat us if we were first able to establish that aliens actually exist. So far, no luck. Lots of evidence, no good proof.

I don't know why the idea of other creatures eating us is so repulsive, though, since we're pretty much constantly being eaten by all kinds of little critters, inside and out. The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I suppose it would be more fruitful to ponder why aliens might eat us if we were first able to establish that aliens actually exist.

Well, let's say for the sake of discussion that they do exist. They still can't eat us.

As far as our Science knows, life on Earth can only eat other life on Earth (and minerals of Earth), because all life on Earth evolved from the same primordial organisms. Consider the banana...the genetic make-up of a banana is 51% the same as that of a human being. Humans and plants and animals and birds and fish and bacteria and stoats are all very, very closely related on a genetic level. We all bear the watermark of Earth.

So, we humans (as omnivores) can consume pretty much anything in our path on planet Earth, except for those lifeforms that have developed complex defense mechanisms such as neuro-toxins, et cetera — even so, the biological and botanical toxins on Earth are also genetically very similar to us, which is why they affect us. And we still find ways to eat the poisonous plants and animals — though, for the life of me, I don't know why — and we do find nutrition in eating them.

However, it's not going to be possible for a lifeform from a radically different gene pool — say, an extraterrestrial biologic entity — to come to Earth and find nutrition, because life on Earth probably won't share even 1% of the same genetic material with an alien lifeform. More like 0.00% genetic similarity. On the same token, we couldn't eat the aliens, either, with any hope of drawing sustenance from their succulent space-faring flesh.

I mean, sure, we could capture a few aliens and toss them on the barbecue with some polish sausages and corn-on-the-cob and chow down on them, but our biochemistry simply wouldn't metabolize the alien flesh. They'd pass right through our digestive tracts like candle wax. Same thing if they ate us. We probably wouldn't even be poisonous to one another, because a toxin has to have the correct genetic keys to affect the recipient.

This same genetic argument pretty much blows the "Mars Needs Women" and "War of the Worlds" theories out of the water, too. As Carl Sagan said, remarking on the possibility of ET/Human interbreeding: "We would have more luck breeding a human with a petunia than with an alien." And H.G. Wells' scenario of Earth germs destroying an ET invasion is equally implausible, in that our bacteria and viruses simply would not possess the correct genetic keys to penetrate and infect the alien physiology.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We are also known to hunt and kill the most dangerous and mos unforgiving creatures of the wild. Lions, and tigers and bears to list a few like dorothy. I do not believe them to be considered stupid. some creatures uif they exist might foind our eating, and hunting habits horrid and detremental. Someone from afar might find it hard to understand how we can kill, or even how we can be so cruel and create such an industry out of killing animals for consumption when it is not life salvaging\saving. Who know what aliens eat. It seems silly to think they are eating us when there is no proof. If there was a public danger to be eaten by an alien there would be more warnings on the news on how not to fall victim to an alien banquet. are they eating us?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
sounds like a load of # to me

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
According to a few different sources, including Phil Schneider, the alien greys do not actually eat us. But there is another reason for harvesting the human body.....

Our adrenaline glands.

Somewhere in your belly, stuffed in beside your intestines, beside the pancreas, and just above your kidney is the small adrenaline gland.

Pure adrenaline, also known as "Adrenachrome", is said to be a powerful drug substance for the alien greys. It's like coc aine to them.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I suppose it would be more fruitful to ponder why aliens might eat us if we were first able to establish that aliens actually exist.

Well, let's say for the sake of discussion that they do exist. They still can't eat us.

As far as our Science knows, life on Earth can only eat other life on Earth (and minerals of Earth), because all life on Earth evolved from the same primordial organisms. Consider the banana...the genetic make-up of a banana is 51% the same as that of a human being. Humans and plants and animals and birds and fish and bacteria and stoats are all very, very closely related on a genetic level. We all bear the watermark of Earth.

So, we humans (as omnivores) can consume pretty much anything in our path on planet Earth, except for those lifeforms that have developed complex defense mechanisms such as neuro-toxins, et cetera — even so, the biological and botanical toxins on Earth are also genetically very similar to us, which is why they affect us. And we still find ways to eat the poisonous plants and animals — though, for the life of me, I don't know why — and we do find nutrition in eating them.

However, it's not going to be possible for a lifeform from a radically different gene pool — say, an extraterrestrial biologic entity — to come to Earth and find nutrition, because life on Earth probably won't share even 1% of the same genetic material with an alien lifeform. More like 0.00% genetic similarity. On the same token, we couldn't eat the aliens, either, with any hope of drawing sustenance from their succulent space-faring flesh.

I mean, sure, we could capture a few aliens and toss them on the barbecue with some polish sausages and corn-on-the-cob and chow down on them, but our biochemistry simply wouldn't metabolize the alien flesh. They'd pass right through our digestive tracts like candle wax. Same thing if they ate us. We probably wouldn't even be poisonous to one another, because a toxin has to have the correct genetic keys to affect the recipient.

This same genetic argument pretty much blows the "Mars Needs Women" and "War of the Worlds" theories out of the water, too. As Carl Sagan said, remarking on the possibility of ET/Human interbreeding: "We would have more luck breeding a human with a petunia than with an alien." And H.G. Wells' scenario of Earth germs destroying an ET invasion is equally implausible, in that our bacteria and viruses simply would not possess the correct genetic keys to penetrate and infect the alien physiology.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Doc Velocity]

I agree with your statement.

However, there have been rumors that perhaps we arent so genetically different from them. Perhaps the aliens did plant their seed here on earth millions of years ago and have manipulated it ever since. And if that were the case, we just might be a compatible food source

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZoooMer
According to a few different sources, including Phil Schneider, the alien greys do not actually eat us. But there is another reason for harvesting the human body.....

Our adrenaline glands.

Somewhere in your belly, stuffed in beside your intestines, beside the pancreas, and just above your kidney is the small adrenaline gland.

Pure adrenaline, also known as "Adrenachrome", is said to be a powerful drug substance for the alien greys. It's like coc aine to them.

Well it's a drug for us too... (Someone's been watching too much Fear and Loathing).

I really like the idea that we as humans are just this frankenstein of alien DNA and they're all fighting over us like Red Elk and others theorize... but it seems a bit vain, doesn't it? I suppose alien drug lords are a little more easy to wrap your mind around.

[.... I just said 'alien drug lords'...
]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightsescape
On the other hand if a human got out of one of its pens for an alien, that could mean tons of deaths for them, humans are the best at destroying things and we are smart and strong enough to bash one of these little aliens brains in no problem.

Really? If we are so smart how come swe haven't solved world hunger? Or cured cancer? Or travelled beyond our own planet's gravitational pull?
For all you know once you got out an alien could use telekinesis to just pick you up and drop you back in without breaking his stride.
And we aren't the best at destroying things. Sure we're really REALLY good at it, but the less advanced lifeforms have wiped out billions more lifeforms than we have.

My point is do you guys even know what aliens eat? Do they even eat foods that we can produce on earth? If i was as smart as an alien i wouldnt eat something as dangerous as a human.

Dangerous. The only thing humans are dangerous too, is ourselves. An alien could see us the same way as you described the chicken. One gets out and its just "Aw geez, its out again... dammit it got onto the top of the pen again. Gryzak, get the laser."
You are also assuming that the only aliens that devour us are the cute looking greys. What about reports of aliens that look like man sized elephants? Or the 8 foot tall reptoids? I don't see myself exactly rushing to rescue everyone else after escaping with a giant iguana looking for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
who can resist a happy meal? im sure aliens love to stop by mcdonalds after hours and have a cheeseburger or 2!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They do like to suck on our bones...particularly the neck.

The liver too.

Just take care of yourselves and hide.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
EAT? I'm still waiting to get abducted by one of those hottie nordic chicks and get my grove on, like so many have claimed.

DO YOU HERE ME ALIEN HOTTIES? I'll show you whose your daddy!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Honestly i can't see it. The Great White told me we were way to salty and didn't have enough fat for his taste. He still keeps eating people by the way. He said they are accident, but i don't believe him

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Great.. Now I'm hungry..

Seriously though, with all the things we eat, I wouldn't doubt it if we tried to eat an alien during first public contact..

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
You are also assuming that the only aliens that devour us are the cute looking greys. What about reports of aliens that look like man sized elephants? Or the 8 foot tall reptoids? I don't see myself exactly rushing to rescue everyone else after escaping with a giant iguana looking for me.

Aliens that look like "man-sized elephants"??? That's a new one to me. Do you have anymore information on this species, perhaps a link or something?

I don't mean to take this thread off-topic, it's just the whole "man-sized elephant" thing really fascinated me. I'm guessing they have trunks? I wonder if they have the big ears too?

But just so my post doesn't completely derail this thread, I'll talk some about the topic at hand. Just from reading threads here on ATS as well as the provided links, I've seen plenty of stories about aliens eating humans. Perhaps the most interesting was the story that the Greys are slaves for the Reptilians and they are sent out to abduct human beings for them. The theory was that a majority of the large number of missing children in the US every year (incidentally, no trace is ever found of them- not even a body) are eaten by aliens. Supposedly there is a huge base for the Reptilians under (get this!) Denver International Airport!!! The reason they prefer eating children and babies rather than adults is because most adults are filled with chemicals and other disgusting elements from the things we eat and the bad habits we have over our lifetimes. Children, for the most part, haven't had enough time to ingest and/or breathe in all of these harmful things yet.

Of course let me say outright that I don't necessarily subscribe to this theory. I think that statistically, however, there must be some alien species out there that has, or would, eat human beings. But if this is the case, and if they are as advanced as they would need to be to travel all the way to Earth and abduct and eat humans without gaining mainstream attention, then I doubt they'd keep coming here to abduct us. I think it would be a lot easier and make a lot more sense for them to have abducted a large, diverse group of us in the past and just brought us somewhere for breeding. That way they'd have a steady food supply and they'd be able to control what we eat and how we treat our bodies. I'm sure there's a certain way they like their human meat. So just like we disgustingly create milk-fed veal and other cruel and inhumane delicacies, aliens would likely do the same.

Any thoughts??

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If we are so smart how come swe haven't solved world hunger? Or cured cancer? Or travelled beyond our own planet's gravitational pull?

Things are slow to develop because if not allot of people would be out of work and many profit margins would go down.

As for Aliens eating humans, it's just absurd. Supposedly there are big vats in an alien lab under Dulce where human bodies are broken down to create some intravenous supplement for the aliens to ingest? I just find this all hard to believe.

As another poster said, there are plenty of docile animals to feed on if needed. Also to address the WOTW scenario, I think it's feasible to believe an alien could become victim to a killer virus no matter their physiology.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
As another poster said, there are plenty of docile animals to feed on if needed. Also to address the WOTW scenario, I think it's feasible to believe an alien could become victim to a killer virus no matter their physiology.

So what if there are plenty of other animals to feed on, they may have a preference for some foods over others just as humans do. There are things which people will eat in one part of the world and not in others. It all depends on the "eaters" palate.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ya know that 'anal probing' thing?

What comes to mind are the turkeys I fry from time to time and the spice 'injection' it gets.......
:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Originally posted by nightsescape
On the other hand if a human got out of one of its pens for an alien, that could mean tons of deaths for them, humans are the best at destroying things and we are smart and strong enough to bash one of these little aliens brains in no problem.

Really? If we are so smart how come swe haven't solved world hunger? Or cured cancer? Or travelled beyond our own planet's gravitational pull?
For all you know once you got out an alien could use telekinesis to just pick you up and drop you back in without breaking his stride.
And we aren't the best at destroying things. Sure we're really REALLY good at it, but the less advanced lifeforms have wiped out billions more lifeforms than we have.

My point is do you guys even know what aliens eat? Do they even eat foods that we can produce on earth? If i was as smart as an alien i wouldnt eat something as dangerous as a human.

Dangerous. The only thing humans are dangerous too, is ourselves. An alien could see us the same way as you described the chicken. One gets out and its just "Aw geez, its out again... dammit it got onto the top of the pen again. Gryzak, get the laser."

Great post, took the words right off my tongue. The very fact the threadstarter has such a high opinion of us humans is some what humurous. The 'we're the best' mentality.

The likely hood of such a scenario would be these aliens being far more technologically advanced than us. Thus making us the chickens, as stated in the quote.

As for us being dangerous. Without being armed most of us would have a hard time with a domesticated house dog; Nevermind the likes of bears, lions or wolverines.

Again if these aliens were to abduct us, i highly doubt that they'd give us each an AK Rifle and a couple hand grenades to make it 'fair game'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join