It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Tracks Down Naked Purse-Snatcher In Seoul Sewer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

On Tuesday, police in Seoul, Korea enlisted the help of a small robot to track down a fugitive purse-snatcher hiding out in the city’s sewage system.
The 57-year-old suspect was on the run after snatching a woman’s purse at a hospital.
Witnesses to the crime tried to detain the man, but he wriggled out of his clothes — all of them — and managed to escape into the city’s sewage system through a 1-meter (3.3 feet) diameter pipe.

Police located the man four hours later with the help of a 6-wheeled, camera-equipped sewage pipe inspection robot able to broadcast images for up to 150 meters (nearly 500 feet).
Once they apprehended the man, who appeared to have lost his way in the darkness of the cramped pipes, the police returned him to the hospital, where he received treatment for hypothermia.
The temperature in Seoul on Tuesday was 1 degree Celsius (34 degrees Fahrenheit).

[T]he police ask the man why he stripped off his clothes, to which he replies, “Leave me alone. I’m not feeling well.”

SOURCE:
Pink Tentacle

I have to say, I laughed when I read this, I mean it's just such
an odd news story.

I do wonder if maybe he was'nt in his right mind.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Pretty certain that this is the greatest thread title ever.

yeah i'd definately say his sanity might be in question.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That made my day, I'm going to tell my coworkers about this one. thanks!

So once the robot found the dude how'd they arrest him? Did the soel cops decide to brave the sewer or was the robot like the cop in futurama and whipped out a pair of handcuffs. Or did the robot just grab on to the guy with some robotic arm and drag him out of the sewer?

Funny stuff.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
lol i love it....

they would have caught him quicker, but they had to program the sewer robot with some handy phrases -

"Thank You for Your Cooperation", "Serve the Public Trust, Protect the Innocent, Uphold the Law", "You're Move Creep", "Dead or Alive You're Coming with Me", "Come Quietly or There Will be Trouble", "Clarence Boddicker ,You are Under Arrest", "Thank You For Your Cooperation, Good Night!"

new topics

top topics

join