It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long before the Wii gets old?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It is strange to see people not being able to accept that the Wii system is amazing and destroying the competition. It really isn’t even a competition anymore. The wii won and it is only going to get worse for xbox and ps3. I got the wii system on launch and everyone who played mine has went out and bought their own. Close to 20 friends have purchased them and we love them. Friends who also have xbox 360 and ps3 stopped playing those system completely. One even sold his ps3. game over.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've had a Wii for 2 months now, and I still love it beyond everything else. And I've only played Wii Sports and just started up on Zelda.

I did try out Red Steel too, but the controls were so bad that I quickly dismissed it.. So sad..

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well all I know is that there have been zero reports of very expensive TV's being destroying from playing the PS3 or XBox...

Killing 2-3k TV's will get old really quick.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Well all I know is that there have been zero reports of very expensive TV's being destroying from playing the PS3 or XBox...

Killing 2-3k TV's will get old really quick.

wow did u just crawl out from under a rock? people quit talking about broken tvs in december. everyone realized it was idiots breaking their tvs, not wii remotes.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Were they swinging the remote around and broke the tv

or

Did they just get so frustrated with the system or game and broke their tv in a rage

Everybody knows that the Wii signed a pact with satan anyway. That the only way they are better than the 360

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
How long will the Wii last. With its controller the way it is. Its a joke, if i wanted a work out like this I would cancel my gym membership.

The Wii won't get old..its only going to get better! Once online gaming hits the Wii..look out!!

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
On-line gambling is something only a man with your kind of money could afford

I honestly don't think it will ever be something that the congress will allow especially with all the children playing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I was asking this question today prior to buying one... which I have not yet set up. I know a lot of people who speak fondly of it. I got tired of trying to hyperfocus on hand/eye coordination maneuvers that piss me off... which happens to everyone playing video games when they are trying to do something... I just don't want so much of the aggitation concentrated to solely hand/eye stuff. That gets old and it's hard to get interested in totally unimportant games when you get older that cause you to have to sit still for long periods of time, which makes you realize how fast you get stiff now and how much you need to move around more.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

Xenoblade and Last story is comming out. The wii wont die

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I remember the wii hate three years ago. I too was on the wii-hate bandwagon...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
death to consoles.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
death to consoles.

Death to consoles and yes to overpriced PC's!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Originally posted by Lysergic
death to consoles.

Death to consoles and yes to overpriced PC's!

I enjoyed consoles during my childhood.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The Wii is fun for social games. The kind where you're bumping elbows and going for bragging rights. Just make sure you have room to play when using games that allow for expressive Wii-mote interaction. (Not just lamps, but even ceiling tiles and such are at risk.)

But I find when playing alone a lot, it can get boring. Online matching is pretty random. And then I end up going back to the PC. (And no, it's not about the graphics. I end up playing Minecraft more often than not.)

If you have friends or family over a lot and a big screen TV in a big enough living room, then it's worth getting.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You young ones will understand when you get old and get arthritis. Most people's hands are the first thing to start locking up. With the active wii games it's less focus on one muscle group and we can tell ourselves we are exercising and not #ing off at all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join