It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long before the Wii gets old?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How long will the Wii last. With its controller the way it is. Its a joke, if i wanted a work out like this I would cancel my gym membership.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well you should ask how long before the conventional controller became old. So far it's still popular, so I'd say the Wiimote will be here to stay for a while, and won't be getting old.

Oh and if you're really so agitated about having to exercise then stop swinging the controller around. A flick of the wrist will suffice in most cases.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Get used to it Royal.

I don't believe that another console will ever be sold that can't offer the physically interactive style of gameplay the Wii offers.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
royal has never played a wii.

ive been playing wario ware smooth moves with my 6 year old daughter and the game makes her go crazy. we have so much fun playing it . smooth moves has you use the controller in so many new ways .the type of gameplay found on the wii is something you cant find on the "next generation consoles".

if you actually play a wii your opinion will matter some.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
People said the same thing about the Mouse. lol. All the Wiimote is, is a 3d Motion sensing mouse. That's all it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
People said the same thing about the Mouse.

...and you don't see any computers without 'em these days, right?

(Was that the point you were trying to make? If it was: I AGREE!!)

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
the wii will get old when nintendo releases a new console...

or when developers stop coming out with new ways to use the innovative controllers

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think the wii mote will get better, they are still working things out aren't they, they have opened up a whole new doorway for gaming that they can build on immensly.
I haven't played a wii yet, actually I went to get one this morning to find they had none in stock yet, went to work rang them up and they are all sold out by 12 o'clock (In England) I checked about 10 shops most who had them in this morning and sold out in the afternoon. Might beable to get one tomorrow, Fingers crossed....

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It will get old when you have a USB port at the base of your skull, and can then jack into the computer direct. William Gibson-style.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe that will be in 60 or 70 years.
So the wii stands good for now then...

Gotta say I love the film eXistenZ...

[edit on 2-2-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Maybe that will be in 60 or 70 years.

60 or 70 years ago people were huddling up next to the radio for entertainment.

I have a hunch that the year 2070 will see us wayyyyyy past the USB port in the cerebrum stage...

What that will be I do not know.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Essedarius]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
I don't believe that another console will ever be sold that can't offer the physically interactive style of gameplay the Wii offers.

This sentence doesn't make any sense.
Are you saying the 360, PS3, PS2, Gamecube, etc. are all selling a combined total 0 consoles....get real.'

The Wii is living off of its launch buzz, and will be until Nintendo ships more.

That console it so overhyped its redicluous.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Murcielago]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wii is killing PS3.

news.punchjump.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Wii outsells PS3 4-to-1 in Japan

PS3 game sales disappoint EA

Wii Beating, Xbox 360, PS3 On Interest

Nintendo Wii Demand Still Tops PS3, Xbox 360

The Christmas hype is over. Sales are measurable proof of the Wii's success.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by Essedarius

This sentence doesn't make any sense.
Are you saying the 360, PS3, PS2, Gamecube, etc. are all selling a combined total 0 consoles....get real.'

The Wii is living off of its launch buzz, and will be until Nintendo ships more.

That console it so overhyped its redicluous.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Murcielago]

murcielago u said the wii would be a failure before it was launched. its selling faster then they can put them on shelves. its much more loved the then ps3. i wouldnt be suprised to see the wii pass the 360 this year. DO YOU REALLY THINK THE WII WAS MORE HYPED THEN THE PS3???

your fanboyism is clouding your judgement. the wii isnt living off launch buzz. there really wasnt any launch buzz. the buzz started after people started buying and playing the wii. its an amazing system, and its here to stay.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
DO YOU REALLY THINK THE WII WAS MORE HYPED THEN THE PS3???

Yes.
The PS3 was overhyped by the execs, and not actually people who aren't invested in success or failure.
the Wii was over hyped by the people, and still is.

your fanboyism is clouding your judgement.

I'm no fanboy.

the wii isnt living off launch buzz. there really wasnt any launch buzz. the buzz started after people started buying and playing the wii. its an amazing system, and its here to stay.

yes its here to stay, and yes, it is still living off of launch buzz, and will be until they are easy to find on store shelves.
nintendo fanboys (that includes you) have being praising this console long before its release. And I question the systems long term ability, the graphics are poor, but considered acceptable by today standards...but theres no way it will be selling this good a year or 2 form now.

I have played the Wii, it is a gimmick, the wiimote is not very accurate, like the bowling game, roll the ball away from my tv, and on the screen it would show strike....ummm, yeah, real accurate.
I see why this sytem is selling so good in Japan, because that crazy country likes animated junk, they turn people into cartoon characters, the same is true on the Wii sport game.

The systems graphical power is comparitive to the first xbox, so the only thing it has going for it...is a very innacurate remote, that gets way to much buzz about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ive had a wii for bout a month and its so fun, all i do is play wii sports now, its a lot funner then just pressin a or b to swing, has anyone played boxin on the wii, its really fun

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

the Wii was over hyped by the people, and still is.

Overhyped by the people???

Is that because it's a good system then? People love it so they say it's great!

At least it's not the execs (ie. PS3) that have to say what a great system it is, "NO" it's the people that play and love it.

What more can I say???

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I have played the Wii, it is a gimmick, the wiimote is not very accurate, like the bowling game, roll the ball away from my tv, and on the screen it would show strike....ummm, yeah, real accurate.
I see why this sytem is selling so good in Japan, because that crazy country likes animated junk, they turn people into cartoon characters, the same is true on the Wii sport game.

The wii sport game? You mean "Wii Sports", basically a great game in it's self but mainly to get you aquainted with controls and how to use the system, basically a demo but as I say "a great game in it's self".

Can't you see the potential for when they know exactly how to utilize the controls, graphics and gameplay prospect's properly???

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If Murcielago doesn't like the Revolution then it just isn't the system for him. Perhaps an X-Box 360 would better suit his needs.

That's what I like about this console generation, it's that there's a lot more choice out there now so you can choose a console that better fits what you like to do. I absolutely love my Revolution since I have a blast with it whenever I play. But not everyone's into the same stuff and I think we can all respect that.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
ive had a wii for bout a month and its so fun, all i do is play wii sports now, its a lot funner then just pressin a or b to swing, has anyone played boxin on the wii, its really fun

I've played the wii and i will take pressing a or b any day. The wii is a pretty good system but it is kind of hyped. It does not have that many good games on it. Or at least not the ones i like. I played it and i did not really like it that much but it has potential. That is why i bought an xbox 360 a few weeks ago. I like shooting games and playing online and that system is made for those two things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join