It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Guys RULE.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Proof the some people from Bean town are A-Ok.

BOSTON - Two men who authorities say placed electronic advertising devices around the city were released from jail Thursday, apparently amused with the publicity stunt that stirred fears of terrorism and shut down parts of the city.

more:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I can't believe this shut down part of Boston

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I like what they're doing but if their little stunt effected me, I'd have a different viewpoint. Their message is clear and it is one I agree with to a certain extent. I hope the youth rises in the coming years. I hope we get motivated and organize as a people.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well while I do love Aqua Teen Hunger Force (it's right up there with The Venture Bros. as one of my favorites) I do think that for the average person i.e. someone say a fifty year old boston cop who doesn't now what the moon guys look like that these boards; small, batteries duct taped to the front, wires exposed and of course Err (or is it ingknot?) flipping the bird...I think we should cut the Boston PD a little slack.

IMO of course.

I also saw the news conference and if I lived in boston and the city pretty much shutdown and oh let's say my entire day was completely turned upside down for nothing I'd probably be really miffed at the attitude dreadlock boy took at the press conference.

He want's to make jokes and talk about hair styles? How about "wow we're really sorry we turned the city upside down for no reason we were hired to make a statement, unfortunately we made the wrong one...please watch aqua teen hunger force sunday nights during adult swim on the one and only cartoon network...check your local listings." or whatever most bostonions would have given them a pass.

As it stands, I think Boston right now is the only city in the world where everybody wants to do jury duty. Those kids are in deep scoopers.

Let's not forget future fallout, is this a boy crying wolf situation? Also considering the 911 planes took off from boston, I again think cutting the boston authorities a little freak out slack is appropriate.

IMO of course and as always.

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I liked ATHF, but this publicity stunt was just plain stupid. Setting devices on bridges and public works, hoping that people'd think they were bombs?

If nothing else, they needlessly caused a ridiculous amount of traffic to advertise their cartoon shows. These guys are creeps.

Also, why do they 'rule' because of this? They were paid employees of an advertising company. They're all of a sudden 'counter culturalists and nonconformists' because, what, they had nasty and dirty hair?

They work for an advertising company. This wasn't an 'act of protest, revolution' or anything like it. They were paid by the Turner company (actually their company was contracted by a subsection of Turner). Big Whoop, they realized that people'd do news reports about suspicious packages.

I hope they go to jail for a long, long time. Their punishment needs to be excessive enough to deter anyone else from doing something like this. Viral Marketing caught on like a flash fire, I can't imagine what'd happen if this does.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
how come people get locked up for doing nothing, and what these idiots did was really terrorism, and they walk. terrorism, is to strike fear into the population, you do not have to kill anyone.

terrorist - "a person who terrorizes or frightens others." dictionary.com

that describes these two does it not. how is what they did any different than someone, that rings in a bomb threat or something.

man how the law works against some but not against others is beyond belief.

people get sent to jail all over the world for the rest of there lifes for doing less, how come in a post 911 society they are allowed to do this, and others have there lifes destroyed.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is the fact that these signs were in place 'for weeks' before the event and not one mention was made in the media or anywhere else. Clearly it was a failure as a promotional campaign. At least until someone phoned in the 'suspicious object' report. Up until then it was a complete bust.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
how come people get locked up for doing nothing, and what these idiots did was really terrorism, and they walk. terrorism, is to strike fear into the population, you do not have to kill anyone.

terrorist - "a person who terrorizes or frightens others." dictionary.com

that describes these two does it not. how is what they did any different than someone, that rings in a bomb threat or something.

man how the law works against some but not against others is beyond belief.

people get sent to jail all over the world for the rest of there lifes for doing less, how come in a post 911 society they are allowed to do this, and others have there lifes destroyed.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by andy1033]

The Terrorists are the government trying to scare the crap out of you every month with more BS.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Awake and All Seeing]

top topics

join