It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everybody still talking about Area 51?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EBE101
im sorry, the link didnt work, what is R-"""""?

Sorry about the link! I can't figure out why it doesn't work, it was fine when I first went to it.

I was yanking your chain! R-4808N is the correct designation of the restricted area surrounding Groom Lake. You would see it if you looked at a flight chart of Nevada.

R-4808N and Groom Lake both refer to Area 51. Same place different names. My point is the Government would be foolish to abandon Groom Lake just because people know it's there, the facility is ideal for security, as the geography of the Groom Lake region makes the base all but impossible to penetrate by outsiders. (See my previous post)

Think about it, if we apply you thinking, that being known makes something obsolete, would the CIA really gather intelligence anymore? After all, The CIA's mission is common knowlege!

Yes, we know where Area 51 is! Yes, we know they do Top Secret research there, but do we really know for sure what is hidden inside Groom Lake? NO!

We have our guesses, and speculation, but noone knows for sure but the people who work out there.

Tim

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
yea i see where yer coming from man, its just there is alot more places that are just as secure

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
The place is now a "Patsy". Its just kept open to keep people wondering whats going on. The real Area 51 in Green River, Utah. Why aren't we talking about this more?

There is only one Area 51, R & D base at Groom Lake, which the govenment even admitted it exists, a few years ago, the official designation of which is "an operating location near Groom Lake".
The reason Area 51 will never go away is because it is a vital research, development and test base for our national defense interests.
I posted elsewhere, but this is what Area 51 is all about:
Applying for a job at Area 51

I also highly recommend a website created by former employees at Area 51. This website gives you the complete history and purpose of Area 51:
Website created by former employees at Area 51

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Our government admits exist calls for serious specualation...They have lied for so long. Why should we believe them now.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why would they abandon such an ideal base just because some people know about it? It doesn't make any sense! Sure they prefer it would be completely unknown but I am sure they knew eventually word would get out as it has.

If there is any ufo/alien related research being conducted it would probably be underground and thus restricted area! Only people with extremely high clearance, need-to-know and directly related to the projects would know of these locations and they certainly would not tell anyone else(not even the other personal at area 51)!

Is area 51 the only such "secret base"? Probably not! I suspect a lot of other military bases and national laboratories have such underground facilities.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
The place is now a "Patsy". Its just kept open to keep people wondering whats going on. The real Area 51 in Green River, Utah. Why aren't we talking about this more?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its an article by ATS of all places

www.aliendave.com...

Another site I found that fairly informative

You're obvioulsy here to promote Green River Utah, Royal76.

Why couldn't you just title your topic "Green River Utah"?

I hate to break it to you, but Green River Utah is deserted.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
SkepticGreek74

They didn't abandon 51, they won't the natural lake bed makes in great for testing new planes. But what I'm proposing is the old bait and switch. Get everybody looking in one place when the ball in in another.

Cobra1982

Its not deserted. I'm there are still guards there. I'm proposing that it could be a underground base of either storage, and or experiementing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join