It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everybody still talking about Area 51?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The place is now a "Patsy". Its just kept open to keep people wondering whats going on. The real Area 51 in Green River, Utah. Why aren't we talking about this more?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its an article by ATS of all places

www.aliendave.com...

Another site I found that fairly informative

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
oh maybe because the site is progressively getting larger and larger each year, adding more personnel, and tighter security around the permiter (in which they are buying more land of). Furhtermore the interesting lights in the sky over the base fail to downplay the "base has moved" rumor.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"In the June 1997 issue of Popular Mechanics an article about Area 51/Groom Lake claimed that the activities at Area 51 had been possibly relocated to the facility in Green River. Had the author bothered to actually go there he would have found that the facility had been abandoned long ago and would not be a good location for any type of secret government activity since it is in plain view of interstate highway 70. However, the article had its desired effect and to this day many people claim that Area 51 was moved to a secret military base in eastern Utah. There are military bases in Utah but not likely an active one in eastern Utah. This article was probably a diversionary tactic."

However this is immediatly in the same exact area where we had our own experience on i-70 in utah...so..who knows..maybe something is still going on there, but i doubt it is any comparison to area 51

[edit on 1-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Green River apparently is abandoned yet, is it not? Nothing goes in our out of there anymore, I do not believe.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
And the disappearance of all the images and threads of dugway proving grounds on a few websites.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
why do the so called " jannet shuttles " and " the bus " still keep the regular scheduling ?

where are the people going ................and what are they doing when they get there ?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by puhatek
And the disappearance of all the images and threads of dugway proving grounds on a few websites.

whats so curious about dugway. the guys from my unit that went there told me some cool stuff but nothing 'area 51' like by any means.

its a training facility, i myself was scheduled to go there but something came up and i didnt...didnt strike me the least bit odd honestly.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
The real Area 51 in Green River, Utah. Why aren't we talking about this more?

Actually Groom Lake is quiet busy! The guy from Popular Mechanics who originally made this claim made a critical error. Let me explain what happened.

He turned off of Highway 375 on Mailbox Road, a dirt road a few miles from Groom Lake road. He was Never at Groom Lake that day.

No offense, but how long is this myth going to hang out here?

Tim

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

He turned off of Highway 375 on Mailbox Road, a dirt road a few miles from Groom Lake road. He was Never at Groom Lake that day.

I'm sure i'm misunderstanding you, but mailbox road does lead directly into the base and across the border. How do i know? Because i went down this road myself and almost crossed the border before being aggressively chased down by the camo dudes and 4x4 ing across the desert like a madman with them chasing me all the way back to 375. Mailbox road is ALOT more interesting and protected than groom lake rd in my experience. Besides the two roads run side by side to each other.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The bottom line is that GL/A51 have trillions invested in infrastructure facilities that are difficult and expensive to "move" or rebuild.

Throw in Janet Air and the proximity to Las Vegas, ties to regional black ops (LMT, ORB, RTN, etc), plus the huge area surrounded by walls of craggy peaks under even more infrastructure and surveillance - well, you get the picture.

Although some ops and programs have been distributed to other bases (WPAFB, Edwards, New Mexico, etc). The Utah ruse is mostly a smoke screen. Don't be surprised if more "new" or "alternate" facilities crop up in the media.

If you haven't already, read through some of the many fine posts and threads in this ATS forum. Some sharp-eyed folks have had much to say already on this topic...

Thanks fr the post - and keep looking up!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You would be surprise to see what could be below ground. How do we know they didn't tunnel down

If its abandoned why aren't there more pictures of the decayed place

I'm sure someone could get one there if this place was so empty

Hiii _ 98 i'm not advocating giving up completely on 51 just wanted to know "Where's the beef".

PS Its freaken cool you got as far as you did on Mailbox road.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Royal76]

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

PS Its freaken cool you got as far as you did on Mailbox road.
oh man if you only knew and where there with us... was the scariest # in my life ever. The lady at the AlieInn Cafe told us to go down that road to get a better view of the base, what she didnt tell us was where the road ended and where the border was. To our knowledge there was not any visible warning signs posted down that road. So we proceeded down it and eventually up the mountain thinking we were on public land. .... WRONG.. I have never been so scared, i really thought something very bad was about to happen to us as we were in the middle of no where and this truck came flying at us and stopped 2 feet in front of our jeep (slammed on its brakes) and two men started to get out. I knew the camo whatever dudes were not police, so when they tried to stop us, i took off like a bat and did some insane off roading for almost 8 miles (which obviously they too are very very good at). They did not persue us down the highway... nor did they call the police (never understood why not)

Going down mailbox road and passing the ranchers house at 2am, is not the most advisable course to take!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
wow h-98! What a ride! Those camo dudes I understand are deployed more as a severe intimidation factor and are trained to scare the bejeezus out of trespassers - sounds like they're doing a hell of a job!

BTW - there are a couple of videos and web sites circulating (here at ATS as well - but can't remember where) that fully describe huge (IMMENSE) underground facilities at A51 and, especially, at Wright-Patterson.

Supposedly, the W-Pat base has many subterranean levels and goes for miles underground. Saw a clip elsewhere that even showed a floorplan of sorts and identified entire corridors dedicated to different alien species under study.

Obviously, the likelihood of many other such sprawling subterranean bases is high. Small, camouflaged hole at the surface - big digs below...

If you've got the big bucks (and lots to hide) - it makes sense to go that way. Once built, however, clandestine ops is safer, more secure and certainly cheaper than "moving" everything to a new location...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i'm still waiting for the day for someone to take a photograph of one of those underground vents camoflagued. When it gets alittle warmer out, i plan to take a trip to Dulce to do some camping and search for one of these vents. I also plan to do some more searching around that abandoned base in Utah. I dont think there are alot of photos of the area, and i would like to add to the photographic evidence already available.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

I'm sure i'm misunderstanding you, but mailbox road does lead directly into the base and across the border. . .
Besides the two roads run side by side to each other.

Maybe I misread the artical! What I know for sure it that the road the guy from PM took did NOT lead to Groom Lake.

Tim

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Be Careful hiii_98

I hear rumors all the time about people getting stopped and disappearing out there. At least in the old days.

But with your idea on Green River, I think its high time we investigated that place like people have 51.

I have an Uncle who is retired AF, he worked on Theoretical aircraft. He told me once that they put him into a plane. Landed at night, he got into a jeep with darkened windows, nobody would tell him where he was. He drove into a Mountain entrance. There he told me about hovering metal, then he got more slurred and passed out. He told me the next day to ignore what he said. I always wondered if it might be 51, or some other place in the mountains like Colo, or NWest coast.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Does anyone here actually think that if the government knew people were suspicious of Area 51 they would keep it going?, Area 51 ( if it was even really wat people say it was) would have been deserted by all Secret activity ages ago and has been kept running to keep nerds like you guys distracted

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EBE101
Does anyone here actually think that if the government knew people were suspicious of Area 51 they would keep it going?

Of course not! Everyone knows Area 51's most sensetive secrets have been moved to Groom Lake NV.!

Come on now, Haven't you ever heard of R-4808N?

Tim

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
im sorry, the link didnt work, what is R-"""""?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
and i was actually talking to the people that are blabbing on about A-51 still being " top secret"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join