It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or is something not right with ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosopher king
P.S. - IeatALIENS - I know what you mean about intelligence! I think a lot of people on ATS are just sharp enough to cut themselves!

"The great tragedy of mankind, is that he is clever enough to invent the atomic bomb, but stupid enough to use it."
- David Zindel, Neverness

Thanks King.
This is a topic I ponder a lot.
It seems to me, being "smart" is like having a fast motorcycle. People don't know it, but, if you don't get it under control, it can wreck you.

I know a lot of people that have had their heads just run away on them. That way lies madness. Especially, if you aren't in some type of disciplined environment with peers, like a school or job.

The smart guy, up in his room, for long periods of time, just letting his thoughts go without any checks and balances, can eventually end up miserable, or losing hold of reality, or both.

There is a "Reality", even if it is just temporary, until new things are learned about it.
But, in the meantime, it must be used as a "sounding board", or you can get lost.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is that but you do read of large corporate companies and scientists being found dead mysteriously all relating to a certain group or political motivated connection. If lets say ATS suffers the same fate how would people know? Before ATS was even changed I had a feeling that something was wrong or changing. But this could all be the part of the illusion with the drop in numbers during a time of year that it the Internet it self lowers. I guess I had to ask what if no one did? If everything is OK then nothing is wasted and there are more websites and even email sites that have more chance than this site to get attention.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
2 years ago this site used to be active all the way but know that I rejoined I notice a big difference. I see what you guys mean.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
EDIT: ADVANCED SEARCH got me what I was looking for. Still, the search window got me nowhere.

I've been a posting member for over a year now and took some time off between the last NEW LOOK and this current NEW LOOK.

I was around for the implementation of the Subject Tagging and have no opinion whether or not this helped anything since my recent activity at ATS has been slow. But all in all I find the most current "updates" in organization and look to be problematic or even confusing. I liked the last category screen version better with the icons and for lack of a better term, anime-style designs. HELP!!!

HELP! ASTRONAUT LISA NOWAK, a NASA employee, drives in a DIAPER equipped with pellet gun, plastic bags, knife, etc. NASA with its ties to MIND CONTROL. This should be easy to find at ATS.

This should be easy to find at ATS, but I can't find ANYTHING about it after just having looked for 15 minutes or more. I'm sure I'm reflected in some graph somewhere showing my activity. But where are the ATS pages for this international news story?

I tried the SPACE forum, the GENERAL forum, current NEWS forum, and the site search which I definitely DO NOT like. The old multi-windowed search page at least returned posts. The google in-site hits page proved to be useless in this search.

I expect that the info is there and maybe I'm not utilizing the right methods. But I've been coming to this site for over a year and more. What's wrong with this picture?

So I can see where it may seem that activity here has changed. Searching or cross-forum activity seems to have been hampered by perhaps a less than ideal implementation or adoption of generally good ideas regarding organization.

Also, my ATS favorites page definitely does NOT see the activity it used to. I may very well be a thread-killer, but even just my monitored threads only seem to sit there.

SERIOUSLY, where is the ASTRONAUT NOWAK discussion? Maybe all those secret op lackeys could become help desk agents instead of just monitoring us?

[edit on 10-2-2007 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

[edit on 10-2-2007 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCalamari
". I enjoy discussing conspiracy theories as much as the next guy/girl but it's a little intimidating staring at a 200 page dissertation about why turnips are the ultimate weapon of the new world order.

That is gold!!!!!

I was a little apprehensive about joining. It took me 3 months to pluck up the courage but I'm glad I finally did.

Whilst I think the site owners are genuine, I'm sure some of the members are working for Big Brother. It doesn't bother me now as I figure I'm "red listed" anyways, so I might as well have a rant about our facist dictators before I'm shipped off to GitMo for some cruel and unusual.........

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I came across the whois log on letsroll911.org and the feds are all over them.. heres the sites whois link letsroll911.org...

So has ATS got a whois list we can see? Im new to all that.. i wouldnt mind knowing who visits this site?

(edit to say most of those links are dead
sorry it was an old page on my hard drive but its still food for thought! try find the new links since the site update)

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Black_Sheep_Squadron]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Someone else said or made a post similar to this so I thought I will reply to this to see what people think. It still feels creepy at times like no one is about on ATS and it feels as if what if I'm the only good guy on here now.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I recently read on ATS that someone on here felt stalked or paranoid that they were visiting this site. At the end of the day I will write what I like and express what I will. If someone or something wants to change the political structure in how humans behave and think then they should tell their opinions here or try and change it and say it face on.

Otherwise they are just lost souls them selves that won't change anything because they world is waking up to all these deceptions and oppressions.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Where is everyone on this site, its like lost in space on ATS, I don't see much post movement anymore, I remember when posts went to page 2 if no one replied quick enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join