It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or is something not right with ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hello people,
As with everyone we now have to get used to the new ATS it is more underground looking secrets in the dark is probably the subconscious theme for it.

Anyway it may be due to the Christmas period but I noticed the latest posts areas over the last month and a half going very slowly usually once you make a new thread within a few minutes it's down the page and up again if popular.

The Site suggests that there are a number of people on it with the names in the list but to me the activity is not like rushing traffic like it used to be.

I could be wrong but what is going on? Are people getting scared, are people being targeted without us even be able to know in such a way that even they are too scared or perplexed to admit.

OK the explanation could be that ATS has more areas to visit be it RATS area and BTS areas which CAN BE FUN.

It just sometimes feels on ATS that it is a Ghost site but its not, it does not make sense, where are the people type feeling. If there is a conspiracy to target every ATS member be it super natural, government, crime or what ever then it's not too far fetched to say it is possible when you add the elements of half beliefs of this site.

I can add some theories but will wait to see what people say.

Yes people have mentioned similar ideas about ATS being monitored by all sorts of groups the problem is this time it feels this way not just a theory.

All I am saying the number of people does not reflect the activity the site once had.
Prove me wrong I would like to be.
Text

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yep here too, i used to get into a good debate any time of the day. now it seems hardly anyone is here during uk day times, or maybe its just me.

glad someone else seen this too

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As time goes by, more and more citizens are gaining the knowledge that the fuzz are spending large volumes of time, money, and effort surfing all kinds of internet domains. And it's been proven that the CIA likes to dabble in shadowy "front" organizations that then purchase Conspiracy Websites to monitor and edit them. However, ATS is the best and most true conspiracy domain on the net and I am confident that the CIA hasn't infested this site like they have taken over others.

However, just like their shadowy business fronts, they set up fronts on messgae boards too pretneding they are someone who they are not and just posting like the rest of the community. Posts that have dumb comments, personal attacks, ect. make for a dull board. It does seem like there have been an increased number of new posters and some of them go on with insults when they don't agree with someone. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it all. And naturally this sort of thing drives away the more civilized and intelligent posters.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hi,
I said prove me wrong not agree. Have you a theory about this or a feeling anyone? Is it just the UK people not appearing like they used too? Would like some input even to say its all nuts.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I must admit I've stopped myself posting a few things with the idea that maybe this is all monitored and stuff but more often than not gone ahead and posted anyway, on the basis that I'm not the kind of 'person of interest' you are looking for.

I think there's a filter effect at work as well, not just the rules but some posters do seem to have an agenda and because this is ATS that agenda is often more whacked than most. If they can't get their kicks here they slope off to where they can send out there message to the hooples.

I wonder are you detecting 'the change' since the board changed it's look maybe? I'm a fairly regular passer by and I've not noticed a concerning level of slowdown. or have I?

Cug

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Anyway it may be due to the Christmas period but I noticed the latest posts areas over the last month and a half going very slowly usually once you make a new thread within a few minutes it's down the page and up again if popular.

You must be watching the wrong forums.
there is a post every few min in the Secret Societies forum right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams

I wonder are you detecting 'the change' since the board changed it's look maybe? I'm a fairly regular passer by and I've not noticed a concerning level of slowdown. or have I?

Maybe you have been desensitized to it over time...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hi, yes it has seemed to have picked up recently I noticed but there was a ghost town presence also going on in ATS and was wondering why. Are there more new people on it now and if so are the ATS members from way back becoming extinct?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What is wrong with you people!!!!!!

I am still as open minded and verbally free as the best, I am not afraid of some monitoring actually it tells that conspiracies are real.

And . . . somebody is scare enough to be listening.

I still have not seen any men in blacks around my home and hell I can be the worst critic at times.

Common free your mind.
and give a littler piece of your mind to the "monitores"

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi, not worried about men in black there could be other things that are worse, yes good to be free to express and be open as the internet is meant to be apart from China. But if there is a real threat how can we know? It's not like any of us are best friends from next door? There is a bigger element to this but won't say just yet maybe I could make another post or just continue here once i know how to structure it to make more sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

January 2007, Our Biggest Month Ever

I'm not sure where you're getting your feeling from, but our over-stressed, over-tired, and frazzled moderation staff would beg to differ, I'm sure.

In fact, as the headline says, January of 2007 was our busiest month ever.

Reach

Online reach is a measure of what percentage of the entire Internet audience a site will attract. Massive sites like CNN have a "reach" of 14,000 +/- which means out of every 1 million Internet users, about 1.4% visit the CNN website... that's pretty good.

Alexa is a reasonable place to compare websites (it's not a good place to rely on data for one specific site, but that's another thread) against each other. And...

Alexa shows our comparative reach getting close to 100, and catching up on the top-tier "alternative" sites such as Rense.com, Infowars.com, and PrisonPlanet.com.

Page Views

With increased reach, we're also getting increased page-views... and after our redesign, the number of average page-views per visit has also increased.

The amazing thing here is that, at the end of January, we have surpassed the other sites in comparative page-views. This generally means that people spend more time on ATS.

Traffic

Beginning last year, we transitioned to using Google Analytics (formerly Urchin Live) as our traffic analysis tool. The main reason was it's ability to track only human users to content pages and ignore traffic reporting on things that could artificially inflate our numbers (like spiders and such).

January of 2007 is the first time the AboveTopSecret.com forum (not counting PTS, BTS, or ATSNN) has surpassed 1 million unique visits. This is a huge milestone, and is a clear testament to the quality of material posted by our members and the orderly environment managed by our moderators.

Posts and Members

A quick look at the database also shows we had more new threads, new posts, and new members in January of 2007 than any previous month of ATS's existence.

So... I'm not sure where you're feeling is coming from? Really.
'Cause, we been busy.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Hi, not worried about men in black there could be other things that are worse,

The "men in black" is just conspiracy related joke.

yes good to be free to express and be open as the internet is meant to be apart from China. But if there is a real threat how can we know?

I agree we never know how bad our free speech and civil liberties are always been attacked everyday or at least some in powers are trying very hard to step over them.

Free speech is good and still free as long as you don't step into somebody's shoes or make enough fuss to created mass responses, then you become an enemy. . .

It's not like any of us are best friends from next door?

You are right we are all members and post in replies to each other debates, express our opinions and views and also facts.

But we can never tell who is who and what some may be hiding.

There is a bigger element to this but won't say just yet maybe I could make another post or just continue here once i know how to structure it to make more sense.

Well you just caught my attention now I will be waiting to hear more about your "bigger element"

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
See now you got the Overlord's attention!!!!!

Is nothing wrong with ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I thought it's been very busy too with all the news and then the O'Hare sightings, along with others.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord

Hi we both have 'lord' in our ATS names.
But have to say I love the graphs and statistics not sure if ATS members have access to things like that, it's nice to know these things and glad to be part of this popular site.

It does show that all these sites around the new year dropped down as it was the new year and maybe that is when I noticed a difference and numbers climed again.

My feeling side of things is a bit hard to explain there are different elements to it if not two different stories.

One thing is and I don't know why unless something along the lines of spiritual warfare that can not be proven in anyway by writing. I have wanted to write a posts on ATS about certain subjects and the angles and titles of a new post.

I go through the internet, then remember I want to make a post and when I arrive it has been titled as to how I wanted it with my story angle. They have never appeared again and never has it at least 4 posts that I wanted to write about have been made along the similar lines, they are not current events either that these other posts were written.

It had become so obvious it will be there before I write it how ever unique it was predictable. There could be lots of elements to this but like with the new ATS appearance which looks like it was highjacked by another organisation, fall in number (well my perception could have been the new year period) all adds to the feeling or illusion. Some people do go through continuos co-incidences including knowing something was about to change with ATS before knowing it.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think part of it might be that PTS, BTS, and ATS are more 'seperated' now, each now having its own "Recent Posts" page, whereas before there were some combinations of the two.

ALso, PTS is picking up in activity, and part of that might be threads that previously would've been on ATS but were really just purely political.

But for my part, I haven't noticed any decrease in traffic.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh god, thetimelord.

Dont do this, now they'll know that you're onto them.

There is nothing to see here, everything is fine and you'll do best to remember that.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I think part of it might be that PTS, BTS, and ATS are more 'seperated' now, each now having its own "Recent Posts" page, whereas before there were some combinations of the two.

ALso, PTS is picking up in activity, and part of that might be threads that previously would've been on ATS but were really just purely political.

But for my part, I haven't noticed any decrease in traffic.

Hi, I kind of thought so too as an explanation to it, if everything was merged again it will seem a lot more active rather than the seperation of having to log in to other parts of the site.

Also what is weired is that not only this site, it says I am logged off without me wanting to and then I have to relog in, could be the different parts of ATS but other site do this to me, am I being hacked?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCalamari
Oh god, thetimelord.

Dont do this, now they'll know that you're onto them.

There is nothing to see here, everything is fine and you'll do best to remember that.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

It's fine by me, I just needed to know really, it was on my mind sometimes and the only way is to ask. If they know good I am not that concerned I was more concerned about others hope people can see the sweet side of this nature.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It might have to do with the fact that people write unintelligent posts, it might have to do with the fact that everyone only reports the news (just turn on the TV and you've got ATS), it could have to do with the fact all the "original" ideas have been gone over so many times people are sick of it, it might have to do with the fact that nothing on ATS is "above top secret" anymore, it's all over the news, it might have to do with the fact that nothing on here can ever be proven or settled and so many fakes are on here with there "proof"

Just my theory.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join