It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese army is harvesting organs from LIVE inmates to sell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
From news.com.au:

CHINA'S military is harvesting organs from unwilling live prison inmates, mostly Falungong practitioners, for transplants on a large scale - including to foreign recipients- according to a study.

The report's authors - Canada's former secretary of state for the Asia Pacific region David Kilgour and human rights lawyer David Matas - implicated dozens of hospitals and jails throughout China in July, after a two-month investigation.

Chinese officials denied those allegations.

Mr Matas and Mr Kilgour's second report, released today, includes interviews with organ recipients in 30 countries and Canadian hospital staff who cared for more than 100 patients who had undergone suspicious transplant surgeries in China.

"The involvement of the People's Liberation Army in these transplants is widespread,'' Mr Kilgour said at a press conference.

Like many civilian hospitals in rural China, military hospitals turned to selling organs to make up for government funding cuts in the 1980s, the report said.

China has been accused of this before:

China harvesting inmates' organs, journalist says

A Chinese journalist has uncovered a secret detention center in northern China that is being used by a hospital to harvest human organs for sale to domestic and international buyers.

On the prisoner abuse, Mr. Jin said he first learned of the harvesting operation between October and December and that the prisoners used were members of the outlawed Falun Gong religious group.

"This is murder, and murder sponsored by a state," said Mr. Jin, who in the past has been a contributor to a Japanese news agency. "It must be stopped."

Mr. Jin said he came across the underground detention center while researching the Chinese government's response to the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).

The hospital is harvesting the organs of the prisoners, including kidneys, livers, and eye parts, he said. The organs are then sold to people, from both China and abroad, who need medical organ transplants.

One source for Mr. Jin was the wife of a hospital doctor who was involved in the organ harvesting. The doctor suffered psychological problems as a result of the gruesome medical work and disclosed the secret activity. The Chinese woman also has fled to the United States.

And if you're in Europe, maybe you'd like a little beauty lotion made from the skin of executed Chinese prisoners?

A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpses of executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, an investigation by the Guardian has discovered.

Agents for the firm have told would-be customers it is developing collagen for lip and wrinkle treatments from skin taken from prisoners after they have been shot. The agents say some of the company's products have been exported to the UK, and that the use of skin from condemned convicts is "traditional" and nothing to "make such a big fuss about".

I reported on the US MILITARY being accused of this in Iraq some time ago here on ATS:

US Military Accused of Harvesting/Selling Iraqi Body Parts

Ok, so what's the big deal, even if we don't agree in general with the practice?

Try THIS:

Wang Guoqi told Congress he had helped remove the organs from prisoners whose executions had been intentionally botched.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- China has denied allegations of harvesting and selling the body parts of executed prisoners, sometimes before the donors were clinically dead.

The allegations were made by a Chinese doctor, Wang Guoqi, during testimony to U.S. lawmakers Wednesday, where he described coordinated procedures between surgeons and Chinese government officials to extract convicts' organs immediately after executions.

Wang, who is seeking political asylum in the U.S., said he worked at execution grounds, helping surgeons operate in ambulances to harvest the organs of executed prisoners, without prior consent.

Allowing this kind of practice to go on provides incentive for money to supercede and take precedence over the sanctity of life. Even if it IS a prisoner. It is just another of the many injustices that plague the peoples of the world.

How the medical profession and organ distributors here in the US have not managed to talk our government into allowing the harvesting and sale of our prison inmate's organs yet, while they are alive or dead, is beyond me. It's only a matter of time before that moral barrier is broken by sick, life means nothing profiteers. This world really has gone to hell. Let's just hope there is a heaven. Somewhere.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You blame, the United States for everything dont you!!!!

Im sure if an asteriod struck the planet you would blame the United States you sir are not a True American!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

Im sure if an asteriod struck the planet you would blame the United States you sir are not a True American!!!

Excuse me, Mr. T&C violator, but where have I blamed the US for anything? I am suggesting, however, to those that can get it that is, that awareness and vigilance is needed to make sure that this country NEVER, EVER, allows such practices. And it is stated in such a way that I am predicting, given other abuses of power and sacrificing of lives, that it very well could happen.

Learn to discuss the message, and not the messenger, and you might just last a little longer around here without getting banned. But at that rate, you will not. Personal attacks are not allowed here- most of the time.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

There are always people going to blame the US for either doing something or not doing something. I guess the US is just the world's care taker now
. Personally, I think people should fix their own damn countries before trying to lob another burden on the shoulders of the US. I think some people really think we are the friggin unicef of the planet.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
There are always people going to blame the US for either doing something or not doing something. I guess the US is just the world's care taker now
. Personally, I think people should fix their own damn countries before trying to lob another burden on the shoulders of the US. I think some people really think we are the friggin unicef of the planet.

And there are always people who when faced with a logical argument based on fact, will turn their coward little ass around, put their caniving little tail between their legs, and run. Present company not excluded.

new topics

top topics

join