It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Iran be attacked if they get nukes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If Iran announces it has nukes, which may happen within days, for AFP reports today that Iran will announce major nuclear milestone now as they celebrate the Khomeini revolutionary anniversary

news.yahoo.com...

Also the most respected black market operator on the Internet, the anti-Christ is saying that they may get nukes.

The question, will they be attacked, and will they retaliate using nukes.

blog.central.is...

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Prokurator]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think thats a pretty safe bet.

US policy is pretty damn clear on that one.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'll repeat as often as necessary that if Iran has a desire for nuclear weapons, it's very likely they are already in possession of them. The motives for having an uranium enrichment program are probably true, which does not mean it wouldn't be used to expand it's current arsenal of nuclear weapons.

Why choosing the hard way, when it's relatively easy to obtain uranium? Uranium and plutonium have gone missing like crazy after the collapse of the Soviet Union. It only requires the right contacts and money to buy it. Iran does have money (oil/gas exports) and likely also the contacts.

However, I'm pretty sure Iran will be attacked, whether there's a justifiable claim for doing so or not. Israel wants the ''Iranian threat'' to be removed and history has proven they don't shrink back for anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
you can sure bet usa and israel, and england would want that. but being in public spotlight, seems they are trying to play a pr game, for how long they will hold back is anyones guess.

but considering america has surrounded there country(iran), you can bet your bottom dollar, something is going on.

but it may be geopolitical also.

they can only retaliate with nuclear weapons if they have a proper delivery system, they have missiles, but whether these are capable i do not know. so thats anyones guess also.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Concerning the news article, I do not believe even Ahmadinejad (or anyone in Iran for that matter) is dense enough to openly announce the possession of a nuclear bomb in any fashion let alone highly enriched uranium…

Speculating, they may announce a “nuclear alliance” of some level, the operational expansion of enrichment facilities or even a list of new reactor schedules ….but more than likely they will simply announce Bushehr is fully operational and online….via a theatrical display of form of electrical/energy “prowess”.

If Iran states they have somehow acquired nuclear weapons…this would sound the beginning of the current regime’s end and heavily-toothed reinforced sanctions.

mg

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What may be of greater importance here is Iran anouncing close nuke ties with Russia or China. The US response to this would be quite interesting, is a gamble with Iran worth confrontation with those two countries.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
you can sure bet usa and israel, and england would want that.

Only our poodle of a prime minister would want this and that is because Bush has told him to say it. I think the majority of the English will not support this.

I am not so sure that Iran would be attacked with nukes. If the US does not get them on the first attack, what would Iran do (off topic and may need a fresh thread)

And does Bush understand the implictions of bombing a Muslim country with a nuke?

What right does the US have to impose its moral judgement on another nation?

new topics

top topics

join