It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Causes Terror Scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Apparently in what has been described as a guerilla marketing campaign gone wrong, Boston officials are in an uproar over several devices that were placed along bridges to create moving video signs from The Cartoon Network's show Aqua Teen Hungerforce. The signs, which were in several U.S. cities, caught the attention of Boston authorities, and resulted in a scare that cost the city an estimated five hundred thousand.

www1.whdh.com
BOSTON -- The chairman of Turner Broadcasting is apologizing for a marketing campaign that it says was "mistaken for a public danger" in Boston.

Phil Kent says the company is aware of the gravity of the situation and notified law enforcement officials as soon as it realized that electronic signs placed around the city were creating terrorism fears.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There was recently an issue here in L.A. with some video artist projecting on a church. Didn't cause any terror scares though. All I can say is, it's a sad day when meatwad is a threat to America.

Related News Links:
www.news24.com
abcnews.go.com

[edit on 1-2-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i don't understand what the officials were so angry about...what was suspicious about it?

sounds like another overreaction to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Interesting that they've been in place for several weeks but just created a stir yesterday. CNN has a picture of the lighted portion of the board and it looks like a very bright light bright type display of some character giving us the bird.

Housed in a black box and placed on highway overcrossing they could definitely appear worrisome. The companies and people involved seem to be laughing this off as a huge over response. However I'm assuming that to legitamately place these items in subway tunnels and highy overpasses they would have had to seek out some sort of permit.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is so funny to me. Looks like the public is a little on edge about this war, you think? If we get scared from cartoon boxes on bridges, what are we gonna do if something really happens?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
seriously, OH KNOW THE TERRORISTS HAVE GOTTEN LITE BRITES! I mean jesus anybody that got scared by that is a moron.

new topics

top topics

join