It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody Hear This About Flight 175?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I used to do business with an accounting firm located across the street from the WTC. I think the name of the firm was Grant Thornton.

I visited their offices about 2 weeks after 9/11, and spoke to a secretary there, who claimed that she watched the 2nd plane fly south towards the Statue of Liberty, and turn around to head back north towards WTC2. She claimed that as soon as she saw the plane turning, she immediately realized the first plane had to be a terror attack. She said she started gathering her things to leave her building before the 2nd plane even hit WTC2.

Obviously, the flight path she described conflicts with the official report on the flight path of Flight 175.

Has anybody heard anything else that would lend credence to this woman's story?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
She said she started gathering her things to leave her building before the 2nd plane even hit WTC2.

My question is. Why did it take her until she saw the second plane to start to evacuate her office? I would think that if a plane had smashed into the building across the street (especially how high the towers were) I'd be getting the heck out of there. Even if it was an accident, plane debris and building debris could have made it's way to her office. I wouldn't be sitting around to find out. But that's just me.

And that goes for the announcement to go back to work in WTC 2. I hope those people can sleep at night. I know if I told people to go back to work in tower 2, I'd feel a little guilty about their deaths. But, I guess that's just me.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A very good friend of mine works in a building that faced the two towers (actually I have/had many friends who worked in the area and in the towers). He was in his office that morning and he saw plane one hit and he stood up, walked out of his office, onto the main floor of his firm and said "ok, everyone out, now!"

he didn't watch and wait.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Smart man. He probably saved a few lives there. What floor?

Edit: Nevermind...I should read more carefully. He wasn't in the towers. Doh.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
yeah, across the street. I did have two friends that didn't make it. One was working on one of the floors that got hit by the plane and he, hopefully, died without much pain and fear. the other guy was in the second tower to get hit and he was the floor manager and he had evacuated his offices and the whole crew was in the stairwell, him leading the charge. When the morons made the announcement to return to your offices he told everyone to keep going and he would go back up and make sure nobody went back to work.

he and the one other person who went with him to check on the others died.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Some people know what to do when a calamity happens. Some people sit at wait for instructions. The last place I would be after the first attack was were she was. I would probably have been gawking at the first building. I'm glad I wasn't there, it was painfull enough watching it on tv. Let alone being there then running for you life as the buildings fell. As sad as it is that he turned from the statue I wish he had not. Statues are fixable, all the lives in the Second tower were not.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I did have two friends that didn't make it.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
nick

I just did a thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

About a 3rd Jet that was flying around the towers during the attacks and while the North Tower was burning.

Perhaps she saw this Jet and confused them, apparently some did. But it is a 3rd JET.

Here are the video's of it

terrorize.dk...

www.areadownload.com...

Article about it is here:
911review.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman

I just did a thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

About a 3rd Jet that was flying around the towers during the attacks and while the North Tower was burning.

Perhaps she saw this Jet and confused them, apparently some did. But it is a 3rd JET.

Here are the video's of it

terrorize.dk...

www.areadownload.com...

Article about it is here:
911review.org...

Thanks for the links!

My thought isn't that she saw the 3rd jet and confused it with Flight 175. My thought was, "What if her account of watching the jet head south and bank into a hard left turn was accurate?"

Keep in mind that I spoke with this woman in September 2001, about two weeks after the attacks, and long before anybody began questioning any government account of what happened. This was also before the official flight paths were released.

This woman was about 50 years old, and spoke in great detail about what she saw, and when she saw it. She specifically said that she had just got to her office and heard that a small commuter plane had crashed into WTC1.

She had no sooner began to get situated for work that morning and she happened to look out a window and saw a jet banking left to turn back towards the city. She claimed that the instant she saw the jet banking left and turning back towards the city, she immediately realized that the first crash was a terrorist attack and not an accident. This prompted her to immediately grab her purse and head for exit before the 2nd plane hit WTC2.

This woman claimed that by the time she made it to the street, the 2nd plane had just hit WTC2.

In other words, if this woman's story is accurate, then the official version must be false. Further, this woman told me this story at a time when there was no reason to make up this sort of story about the 2nd plane. She told me this matter of factly as if everybody knew that the 2nd plane turned around and came back towards Manhattan.

Was the 3rd jet seen after WTC1 was hit, and before WTC2 was hit? Or was it seen after both buildings were hit? Are there any feasible explanations for the 3rd jet?

Also, I looked up the address of Grant Thornton. It's 60 Broad St., 24th floor. This isn't directly across the street from WTC2, but a couple of streets south of WTC2. Also, the direction she looked was probably more southwest than directly south.

Here's a google map link to the location:

maps.google.com...

Is there an easy way to simulate a view from this location towards the Statue of Liberty using Google Earth or some other program, like a flight simulator? She specifically mentioned that she looked in the direction of the Statue of Liberty when she saw the plane.

To me what's most interesting about her story is that with WTC1 burning, everybody's attention was on the smoke pouring from WTC1. Just by chance did this woman have a view out the side of the building facing away from WTC1. It's also interesting that if what this woman claims is accurate, it would be very similar to the 330 degree turn Flight 77 is said to have made before crashing into the Pentagon.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by nick7261
She said she started gathering her things to leave her building before the 2nd plane even hit WTC2.

My question is. Why did it take her until she saw the second plane to start to evacuate her office?

I believe there was only about 15 minutes between the crashes into WTC1 and WTC2. Apparently many people were just arriving at work between 8:45 and 9:00 am, and the first word that spread about WTC1 was that a small commuter plane hit it. Keep in mind that this woman worked a couple of streets south of WTC2 at 60 Broad St. I don't think the severity of what happened at WTC1 sunk in yet.

top topics

join