It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Quote on Freemasonry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viva Christo Rey
Then perhaps we can discuss why Freemasonry purports to be an authentic representation of King Solomons Temple, yet contains no reference to the Ten Commandments anywhere in it's ritual?

Apparently you talk much...and know little. There are NUMEROUS Masonic rituals. Several of which build upon the so-called "Ten Commandments"

How about stopping with the insults and condescending attitude and discussing things like an adult here? Afraid you'll hear something that doesn't fit into your narrow way of thinking?

You remind me of mike316 who keeps popping up under other names. Hits a few times. Runs. Then is ressurrected as someone else. Why is that?

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Appak]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
...and the point of this thread is.....?

Nobody is going to change their way of life just because of a few quotes. Let them do what they do, and move on.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWAT Life

Nobody is going to change their way of life just because of a few quotes. Let them do what they do, and move on.

SWAT Life,

The point of this thread is pretty obvious...at least the intent of the OP. It's called "trolling" Now that several Masons have responded to the condescending posts of this [ahem] individual...we'll have a swarm of "Oh, he just tried to make a point and the bad 'ol Masons have had a feeding-frenzy and are picking on him." Boo-Hoo!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

All Masons are buried with their Aprons unless cremation is being used.

Not true.......my Dad, a devoted mason, was buried without his, with his lodge brothers right there, and they never said a word about me needing to bring his apron.

He had not requested that it be buried with him either, tho he did make sure we knew that he wanted a flag to drape his coffin, as he was also a veteran.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Then perhaps we can discuss why Freemasonry purports to be an authentic representation of King Solomons Temple, yet contains no reference to the Ten Commandments anywhere in it's ritual?

Apparently you talk much...and know little. There are NUMEROUS Masonic rituals. Several of which build upon the so-called "Ten Commandments"

How about stopping with the insults and condescending attitude and discussing things like an adult here? Afraid you'll hear something that doesn't fit into your narrow way of thinking?

You remind me of mike316 who keeps popping up under other names. Hits a few times. Runs. Then is ressurrected as someone else. Why is that?

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Appak]

There is no Degree higher than that of a Master Mason.

You're not one of those Jah Baal Oners are you?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Did you receive authorization from your Department to use their logo?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Wow. What an all-encompassing and completely wrong statement. Many Freemasons are buried with their Aprons...and by the way, you can cremate an apron along with a body.

Not ALL Freemasons are buried in their apron, though. It's left to the choice of the Freemason and if he didn't indicate what he preferred before he died, it's then left to the option of the family. Oh, and as an aside...if a Freemason says "When I die I want a Masonic burial service and to be buried in my apron" and at his death the family says "We do NOT want that" Guess what? It won't happen. The final disposition of the remains of a Masonic Brother is left FULLY up to the members of his family. Period.

George Washingtons grave is in Virginia.

Errr...thanks. . . and that pertains to

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Absolutely not. I've never personally seen a Mason buried with his Apron, and have attended countless Masonic funerals (and have presided over more than a few).

The Apron is always presented to the widow in this jurisdiction, and many others.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Freemasonry does not purport to be "an authentic reporesentation of King Solomon's Temple". As Mackey made very clear in his voluminous writings, Masonry uses the Temple of Solomon only as a symbol.

Furthermore, your claim about the Ten Commandments is also in error. The Decalogue plays a very important role in the Royal Arch degree, as well as in the 14th degree of the Scottish Rite.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

There is no Degree higher than that of a Master Mason.

Very good. You HAVE been paying attention, but apparently not enough. Did I *SAY* it was in a "higher degree" Master Mason is indeed the highest degree but there are MANY OTHER degrees in Freemasonry. Some of which are centered around the Decalogue.

You're not one of those Jah Baal Oners are you?

Nothing like trolling early in the morning.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Absolutely not. I've never personally seen a Mason buried with his Apron, and have attended countless Masonic funerals (and have presided over more than a few).

The Apron is always presented to the widow in this jurisdiction, and many others.

I thought we were discussing the Landmarks of Freemasonry, not your eyesight, personal opinions, or purported experiences.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Freemasonry does not purport to be "an authentic reporesentation of King Solomon's Temple". As Mackey made very clear in his voluminous writings, Masonry uses the Temple of Solomon only as a symbol.

Furthermore, your claim about the Ten Commandments is also in error. The Decalogue plays a very important role in the Royal Arch degree, as well as in the 14th degree of the Scottish Rite.

I thought we were discussing the Landmarks of Freemasonry, why do you bring up what some 'dead' Freemason may have written?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I thought we were discussing the Landmarks of Freemasonry, not your eyesight, personal opinions, or purported experiences.

Hmm...and according to the original poster...who was...uhm....YOU, I thought we were discussing:

Millard Fillmore warned: "The Masonic fraternity tramples upon our rights, defeats the administration of justice, and bids defiance to every government which it cannot control."
William Whalen
Christianity and American Freemasonry
Page 17

Funny that you don't want any "personal opinions" stated, but you have not trouble posting your own...along with blatant errors and deliberate lies.

Don't feel badly, though. Guys like you pop up on this site all the time.

unfortunately for those of us who actually want to have intelligent conversations...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hmm...and according to the original poster...who was...uhm....YOU, I thought we were discussing:

Millard Fillmore warned: "The Masonic fraternity tramples upon our rights, defeats the administration of justice, and bids defiance to every government which it cannot control."
William Whalen
Christianity and American Freemasonry
Page 17

Funny that you don't want any "personal opinions" stated, but you have not trouble posting your own...along with blatant errors and deliberate lies.

Don't feel badly, though. Guys like you pop up on this site all the time.

unfortunately for those of us who actually want to have intelligent conversations...

Intelligent conversations with Freemasons. Well I guess there is a first time for everything.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Intelligent conversations with Freemasons. Well I guess there is a first time for everything.

Ah, so you admit it. You're here for no other purpose than to be a smart-alec and cause trouble.

You're not interested in discussing, you're interested in spreading nonsense and lies.

You won't last long on this forum. In fact if I were a moderator you wouldn't have been here as long as you have.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
This is what the whole paragraph said-

Wow.

Viva Christo Rey, why in the world are you flat out lying to people here??? Thats disgustingly dishonest. Forget about the presidents, what would jesus say about lying?

Thats clearly another flat out lie.

No. Instead of deflecting and drumming up more spurious charges, which are probably again lies, how about you apologize for lying in the first place, and then explain what jesus would say about people that are running around spreading lies?

I thought we were discussing the Landmarks of Freemasonry,

Don't know why you'd think that. I mean, other than the fact that you were just caught in a blatant lie, and now want to avoid that.

SWAT Life
Nobody is going to change their way of life just because of a few quotes.

Perhaps, but more interesting, is that we have a guy, claiming the moral high ground, pretending to be on the side of christ, and yet he is using lies to condem and smear perfectly good people, most of them pious christians themselves.

I pretty sure that the bible talks about lies who attack christians and call them fools. Even if anyone here doesn't accept the bible as authoratative, the original poster clearly proclaims to, and yet he himself is condemed by it and is unfaithful to it. So that sort of pulls the rug out from under any of his positions or statements. So if there is any point that can come out of this thread, perhaps its that the people that are running around attacking entire groups of people aren't so trustworthy to start off with.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Ah, so you admit it. You're here for no other purpose than to be a smart-alec and cause trouble.

You're not interested in discussing, you're interested in spreading nonsense and lies.

You won't last long on this forum. In fact if I were a moderator you wouldn't have been here as long as you have.

Have a nice day.

Is this a Masonic Forum?

If you want to be patted on the the head and spoon fed regurgitated Masonic nonsense then I suggest your 'pause for refreshment' in one of the many exclusive masonic forums, where you won't be bothered by non-masons contradicting the ridiculous claims and farcical dissembling of the 'masters' of the 'craft'.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Wow.

Viva Christo Rey, why in the world are you flat out lying to people here??? Thats disgustingly dishonest. Forget about the presidents, what would jesus say about lying?

No. Instead of deflecting and drumming up more spurious charges, which are probably again lies, how about you apologize for lying in the first place, and then explain what jesus would say about people that are running around spreading lies?

Don't know why you'd think that. I mean, other than the fact that you were just caught in a blatant lie, and now want to avoid that.

SWAT Life

Perhaps, but more interesting, is that we have a guy, claiming the moral high ground, pretending to be on the side of christ, and yet he is using lies to condem and smear perfectly good people, most of them pious christians themselves.

I pretty sure that the bible talks about lies who attack christians and call them fools. Even if anyone here doesn't accept the bible as authoratative, the original poster clearly proclaims to, and yet he himself is condemed by it and is unfaithful to it. So that sort of pulls the rug out from under any of his positions or statements. So if there is any point that can come out of this thread, perhaps its that the people that are running around attacking entire groups of people aren't so trustworthy to start off with.

Tell me Mason how can quoting directly from Official Masonic Ritual books and texts be "lies"?

Oh, and since every Christian denomination that I am aware of has condemned Freemasonry and explicitly published doctrinal statements that members of their church should not be involved with Freemasonry, how exactly could you and your brothers here be 'good chrisitans'?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Wow.

SWAT Life

Tell me Mason how can quoting directly from Official Masonic Ritual books and texts be "lies"?

Oh, and since every Christian denomination that I am aware of has condemned Freemasonry and explicitly published doctrinal statements that members of their church should not be involved with Freemasonry, how exactly could you and your brothers here be 'good chrisitans'?

They are so far proving themselves to act in a more Christian behaviour than you have displayed today. I would reconsider how you acted today and look within to see if you are at peace with yourself

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Uh huh.

You and your brothers belong to an organization that is absolutely indefensible from any perspective.

You have been waging a ceaseless and merciless war against Christianity for hundreds of years and you are in the process of dragging humanity into World War III.

There is no truth in Freemasonry. There is no honor in Freemasonry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join