It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Quote on Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Millard Fillmore warned: "The Masonic fraternity tramples upon our rights, defeats the administration of justice, and bids defiance to every government which it cannot control."

William Whalen
Christianity and American Freemasonry
Page 17

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Now instead of taking it out of context but the whole paragraph or page in so we can see what he was talking about.

And the fact that it came from something with "Christianity" in it's title will surprise no one here.

Christianity is the largest outspoken Anti-Masonic group due to the exceptance of other supream beings

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Context - The 13th President of the United States of America was discussing Freemasonry.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
An even more interesting quote:

" Being persuaded that a just application of the principles, on which the Masonic Fraternity is founded, must be promotive of private virtue and public prosperity, I shall always be happy to advance the interests of the Society, and to be considered by them as a deserving brother."

- Worshipful Brother George Washington

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viva Christo Rey
Context - The 13th President of the United States of America was discussing Freemasonry.

This is what the whole paragraph said-

William Whalen was wrong when he said "The Masonic fraternity tramples upon our rights, defeats the administration of justice, and bids defiance to every government which it cannot control." and I am here to correct this untruth.

See what I mean

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If George Washington was a diligent Masonic Brother then why is his apron on display in Alexandria, Virgina, when all Masons are buried with their masonic aprons?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

If George Washington was a diligent Masonic Brother then why is his apron on display in Alexandria, Virgina, when all Masons are buried with their masonic aprons?

Most Masons are not buried with their aprons. In most Masonic Rites, the apron is presented to the widow following the funeral ceremony.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Are you kidding me- that's your arguement?

His apron on display is the one he wore as a living Mason. The one he is buried in is the one presented when he was initiated.

You are losing your ground here very fast

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
All Masons are buried with their Aprons unless cremation is being used.

George Washingtons grave is in Virginia.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Oh there's much more Mason, but there is little point in burdening Freemasons with too many actual facts at once.

By the way what Church do you belong to?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Oh there's much more Mason, but there is little point in burdening Freemasons with too many actual facts at once.

By the way what Church do you belong to?

Thanks for being presumptious but I am Jewish therefore do not belong to a church

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here's another, slightly more recent quote:

Recognizing the thousands of Freemasons in every State in the Nation and honoring them for their many contributions to the Nation throughout its history.

Whereas Freemasons, whose long lineage extends back to before the Nation's founding, have set an example of high moral standards and charity for all people;

Whereas the Founding Fathers of this great Nation and signers of the Constitution, most of whom were Freemasons, provided a well-rounded basis for developing themselves and others into valuable citizens of the United States;

Whereas members of the Masonic Fraternity, both individually and as an organization, continue to make invaluable charitable contributions of service to the United States;

Whereas the Masonic Fraternity continues to provide for the charitable relief and education of the citizens of the United States;

Whereas the Masonic Fraternity is deserving of formal recognition of their long history of care-giving for the citizenry and their example of high moral standards; and

Whereas Freemasons have always revered and celebrated St. John's Day, June 24th, as dedicated to their patron saints: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives recognizes the thousands of Freemasons in every State in the Nation and honors them for their many contributions to the Nation throughout its history.

US House of Representatives, Jan 5 2007

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
That is only a proposed declaration. It has currrently no seconder and was introduced by as Masonic congressman. The same resolution was introduced two years ago but failed because of lack of support...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That is only a proposed declaration. It has currrently no seconder and was introduced by as Masonic congressman. The same resolution was introduced two years ago but failed because of lack of support...

You seem very knowledgeable about quotes. Perhaps you could explain why you posted a misquote as the title post on this thread, implying the actual opposite of what the quoter intended?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Then perhaps we can discuss why Freemasonry purports to be an authentic representation of King Solomons Temple, yet contains no reference to the Ten Commandments anywhere in it's ritual?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You're using up the G.O.A.T.S. valuable intersteller electrons there brother.

Masonry is interesting.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Then perhaps we can discuss why Freemasonry purports to be an authentic representation of King Solomons Temple, yet contains no reference to the Ten Commandments anywhere in it's ritual?

Slippery, aren't we? I tell you what, since I asked first, you answer my question and then I'll answer yours.

There's no danger of dragging this thread off topic as there isn't one.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Was there a question somewhere? I seem to remember asking the same one a half dozen times with no reply.

Which set of Landmarks does your Grand Lodge use? What Grand Lodge are you a member of?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
[edit on 1-2-2007 by Fitzgibbon]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Was there a question somewhere? I seem to remember asking the same one a half dozen times with no reply.

I'll refresh your memory...

Originally posted by Trinityman
Perhaps you could explain why you posted a misquote as the title post on this thread, implying the actual opposite of what the quoter intended?

I'd like to know if this was a honest mistake (and if so how did it come about), or whether, like Satan, you are a deciever.

Which set of Landmarks does your Grand Lodge use? What Grand Lodge are you a member of?

Lets try and deal with one question at a time huh?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join