It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogant Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiveangelsfrank
"The terrible mess that the US has created"
Yeah right the US created all the problems in the world. In reality the US is cleaning up the mess that European Colonialst created all over the planet. Most countries today were mapped out from former European colonies. Europe creates a mess and drags us into it. From Vietnam to Iraq Europes bloodie paw prints are evrywhere that there are problems in the world.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by fiveangelsfrank]

So its the europeans who created the chaos in Iraq?
Here I was thikning, before March 2003, Iraq was relativley calm, people went to school.. people sat in cafe's and walked the streets without being shot or blown up..
And that afterwards, when America lied, invaded and occupied.. people started dying, being beheaded, kidnapped, murdered.. detained....

I must of missed some MAJOR news headlines...

Sorry mate,

But theres only ONE entity that is to blame for the Mess of IRAQ
and thats the USA Government.

HAD WE NOT of gone in,
Iraq would still be a quiet, working country.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
" europeans who created the chaos in Iraq"
That is correct. You can follow the blood trail all the way back to London and paris. The world over is full of Europes former colonies. Civil wars, dictators, famine, disease, genocide and other problems is what europe left them.

Here I was thikning, before March 2003, Iraq was relativley calm, people went to school.. people sat in cafe's and walked the streets without being shot or blown up"
Yeah lets over look all the crimes against humanity that saddam did to his own people.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by fiveangelsfrank
"The terrible mess that the US has created"
Yeah right the US created all the problems in the world. In reality the US is cleaning up the mess that European Colonialst created all over the planet. Most countries today were mapped out from former European colonies. Europe creates a mess and drags us into it. From Vietnam to Iraq Europes bloodie paw prints are evrywhere that there are problems in the world.

Here I was thikning, before March 2003, Iraq was relativley calm, people went to school.. people sat in cafe's and walked the streets without being shot or blown up..
And that afterwards, when America lied, invaded and occupied.. people started dying, being beheaded, kidnapped, murdered.. detained....

I must of missed some MAJOR news headlines...

Sorry mate,

HAD WE NOT of gone in,
Iraq would still be a quiet, working country.

Listen man. You need to read up a little on Iraq. Iraq was anything but quiet... anything but "peaceful" ......... you honestly do think that America made the Shia and the Sunni fight?.....
History my friend.. is very important when dealing with current issues.. and if you think Iraq was a peaceful place with people Merrily going down streets to market and cafes every day, then you have no perception of ME history. Iraq has been in an undeclared civil war since the 70's at least, Saddam has kept his enemies at bay by brutal force. Now that no one is there to keep guns away from the once oppressed population.... naturally they will fight.

you call it chaos. I call it progress. Thousands will die, and that is the way of war, and I will not loose a second of sleep over it. I sleep better knowing the oppressed can rise against their one time masters and teach them to live in sheer terror. Why are you so against people dieing? It is a natural and healthy thing for a country to annihilate one another, in the end, if we stop meddling anyways, 3 different countries will form, Sunnis will get kicked out of the land and the oppressed will be truly liberated. I do believe the British civil wars, French civil wars, and the American civil war was indeed no picnic in the park. You just need to accept people will die. People will die weather we where there or not. If we leave people will die. If we stay they will die. Had we never gone in, only 2 groups would die, a quiet ongoing genocide that the world never cared to bother with. People would die, but you wouldn't hear about it, like they do in the Congo, or the Ivory Coast, or Algeria, or Chechnya, Sudan, Yemen, Uzbekistan.. they all have ongoing civil wars, strife, genocide, secret murdering governments, torture chambers that drag you away in the night, places where people live in a daily hell and some live the high life. But America is not in all those areas.. so you do not care. Whether or not we should be there or not, the fact is a oppressive government fell. that is a FACT. And I will dare you to make an argument against that, putting credibility on the line.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Five are you forgetting that the US was a former European Colony, America has been sticking its nose in other peoples affairs since ww1 and continues to do so. Irrespective of European history, America as a hyper power is like a big vaccum cleaner sucking up the worlds resources for its own progress and it is that reason why it engages in wars of foreign ocupation. The industrial complex owns the Politicians and the Military and it is they who prosecute their interests around the globe.

Rock I think you will find that in the countries you have quoted the US will have its thieving fingers in them, the US has an history of supporting and supplying despots, dont bother to ask for the proof you know where the proof is and you know its true. Those who run America will do anything to further its own interests even if it means murdering their own people in the process.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
Get over yourself, please. Iran is engaged in fighting the US and the democratically elected Iraqi Government. So it IS the US's business to tell Iran to get out or to kill them.

HAHAHAHA, obviously a wind-up, there is no way your are this deluded.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Frei what democratically elected goverment you mean the one Bush and his mates put there.

I think he means the one the Iraqi people put there.

Royal your statement is true to a point and yes one day someone will kick America's ass. And where do you get the idea of hate from is that the only responce some Americans can come up with to consrtuctive critisim.

No his statement is entirely true. And I would hardly call it constructive criticism, more like blatant anti-american garbage.

How about the US/UK and friends getting out of Iraq, their actions have instigated more death, torture and destruction than Saddam could of done in his wildest dreams.

What a load of BS. How many died in the eight years of war between Iraq and Iran? How many died, and continue to die due to the affects of being exposed to chemical weapons by Saddam's army? How many died because of Saddam's decision to invade Kuwait? And under the corrupt UN sanctions regime?

Note: Constructive criticism is criticism based in fact, and not in propoganda.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

America and its friends invaded Iraq illegally and has no right to be there yet it now has the audacity to tell others to butt out, the US arrogance knows no bounds.

How was it illegal? Was it because wee didn't ghet the approval of France, Russia and China at the United Nations Security Council? Here's something to think about, since the the sanctions that people Iraqi suffered under during the 90's were UN approved. Isn't it true that the UN is responsible for all the deaths that occured due to the effects of the sanctions?

Furthermore how about the genocide in Darfur? Isn't the fact that it hasn't been condemned by the UNSC mean that its is an entirely legal campaign?

The best thing the US could do is to get out of Iraq, pay the monies back its robbed from the Iraq's make reparations and repair the damage it has done.

I would agree based on of course on the condition that France, Germany, Russia, and China pay back Iraq for the oil looted from Iraq under the oil for food program. And also that Iran, and Syria pay reparations for all the death, and damage done by the insurgents they funded and armed.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Europeans created Iraq,(an entirely artificial state)but didn't create a Kurdish state.

Here I was thikning, before March 2003, Iraq was relativley calm, people went to school..

There you were thinking that, because that is what Saddam wanted you to think.

Originally posted by Agit8dChoppeople sat in cafe's and walked the streets without being shot or blown up..

Unless that is if you were a Kurd, or a Shiite, or even a Sunni that had tasted Saddam's wrath. Unless of course you were a pretty girl who happened to be so cursed as to catch the eye of either Uday or Qusay Hussein.

Yes there you were thinking that, because yes that is what Saddam wanted you to think.

Oh please don't forget about the UK governments decision to come along. Or the governments of France, Russia, Germany, and China's responsibility for keeping the UN sanctions emplaced against the Iraqi people for there own benefit(and Saddam's).

My friend it is a plain, and simple fact that we all have plenty of blood on our hands. We can debate who has more, but does that really matter?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Dan you can hide behind all the bullcrap you like but your argumnet is based on blaming others and one injustice matched against another.

America wants to rule the world and wants all the natural resources, well Russia has plenty but you wont be invading them caus you know you will get an ass wuppin, like the cowards that you are you pick on the weak and those who cannot fight back. And as for facts how about PNAC explain that away if you can.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Dan you can hide behind all the bullcrap you like but your argumnet is based on blaming others and one injustice matched against another.

Oh I'm not hiding behind anything pal. I'm merely stating that maybe you should take a look the mirror when you call Americans arrogant for not giving a crap about what your corrupt governments have to say. I mean do really believe that France, Germany, Russia, and China suddenly developed some altruistic desire to defend Iraq from American aggression? I think it more likely they were paying back old favors and trying to cover their own asses.

America wants to rule the world and wants all the natural resources, well Russia has plenty but you wont be invading them caus you know you will get an ass wuppin, like the cowards that you are you pick on the weak and those who cannot fight back. And as for facts how about PNAC explain that away if you can.

If we wanted to rule the world my friend I have no doubt that we could do it rather easily. Take Russia for example, how exactly would they kick our ass? Would they do it with their obsolete and neglected nuclear arsenal? Or, their juggernaut of an army that took 10yrs to pacify Chechnya?

Take a look at this article and you'll see what I mean.

US nuclear primacy

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
How long did it take you to pacify the Vietnamese and you lost, you've had 16 years involved with Iraq with no end in sight. Nuclear weapons dose not protect you from attack from others for all your military might you still quake in your boots over what a few terrrorists could do to your country.

Being strong and powerful is not the same as being a bully and neither is carpet bagging and asset stripping for the few. Maybe you should ask yourself why you never win these conflicts then maybe you will start to understand what others think of American Foreign Policy and the attitude of some Americans to the people of the World.

Your Goverment is morally corrupt yet you defend it but then site others for being the same. And do those Americans who do not share your views are they anti American, do they commit treason for not supporting their corrupt and inept Goverment.

Its one thing slagging off none Americans but when many of your own people have the same views maybe you should start listening to them.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

How long did it take you to pacify the Vietnamese and you lost, you've had 16 years involved with Iraq with no end in sight. Nuclear weapons dose not protect you from attack from others for all your military might you still quake in your boots over what a few terrrorists could do to your country.

Were we trying to conquer Vietnam? No your right we were just trying to pacify them. And its true that nuclear weapons haven't made us invulnerable(especially from asymetric attacks), however the message I was trying to convey to you was that if the US was really as bad as you think, would Americans have to take such crap from people like you. And yeah maybe we are afraid of another terrorist attack(who wouldn't be), but at least we fight back. We don't cave in 48hrs later and blame ourselves, or our allies. We blame the terrorists and then make them pay.

Being strong and powerful is not the same as being a bully and neither is carpet bagging and asset stripping for the few. Maybe you should ask yourself why you never win these conflicts then maybe you will start to understand what others think of American Foreign Policy and the attitude of some Americans to the people of the World.

True and that goes for many other nations.

www.heritage.org...

And as far as the multitude of American military interventions over the past 60yrs how many have we "lost". Vietnam for sure and maybe Iraq. Any others you'd like to add? And yes American foreign policy isn't that popular in many parts of the globe, and that is justifable to an extent. However much of the negative attitude many people have around the world about US foreign policy can be attributed to purposeful misrepresentation, and outright deception by a hostile government(or even a supposedly friendly one). Many governments around the world use US policy divert attention from themselves and their failed policies.

Your Goverment is morally corrupt yet you defend it but then site others for being the same. And do those Americans who do not share your views are they anti American, do they commit treason for not supporting their corrupt and inept Goverment.

When was I defending my governments actions in Iraq? Or anywhere else for that matter. In fact I have to say we've screwed the pooch on Iraq, and Iran. Believe me I realize that my government does very nasty things. Things that I'm not proud of.

What I'm trying to get across is why our government has come to make the decisions that they've made. And our decisions have been invariably influenced by other governments actions and policies.

And no those Americans who oppose the Bush administration are not traitors(being one of them I'm however, a bit baised). They may not even be wrong in the views that they hold.

Its one thing slagging off none Americans but when many of your own people have the same views maybe you should start listening to them.

Hey I have no problem listening. I just don't arrive at the same conclusion. Maybe you should do some research on various European govenment ties to corrupt and oppresive regimes. Do that and you'll know why I'm not going to be lectured by you or anyone else.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hi Dan thats just the Problem whilst I'm ready to accept the corruption and wrong doing of mine and others Goverments there are many Americans who agree and applaud what their Goverments doing, they are not wise enough to see that what is being done is not for their benefit or advancement but for the greed of the selfish few.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well honestly those who continue to support the Bush Administrations actions in Iraq are now in the minority(by quite a margin). I know that sadly it is to little to late for hundreds of thousands of innocent people. And I realize that our actions in 2003 will go down in history as mistake on par with the Sykes-Picot agreement. I just wish the Dems would grow some balls and defund the war or at least force Bush to bring about an end plan(regardless of how it looks).

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In the past i have made the mistake of painting everyone with the same brush. I have family who are "Americans" and they seem to share the same views as me when it comes to issues around the world.

The US Government has goals it wants to achieve and many of these goals have nothing to do with the betterment of 98% of the majority of the populous, it's the 2% whom matter the most.

Since most Americans are patriotic to their country they seem to be unable to be critical of the government. I'm not talking about issues regarding health and social security but outside issues like foreign policy. Hence why some posters from America come across as arrogant.

I leave you with a quote by H. L. Mencken and Henry Steele Commager,

"In the United States, doing good has come to be, like patriotism, a favorite device of persons with something to sell."

"Men in authority will always think that criticism of their policies is dangerous. They will always equate their policies with patriotism, and find criticism subversive."

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
we dont care!!! Flyers fan speakfor yourself i care if my country gets isolated from the rest of the world..you know Philly isnt that far from N.Y. when it comes to a nuclear suitcase...this country should be spreading peace not blood...who do you think all these little # countries think they need all this protection from??The big Bully

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I love the American people, don't get me wrong, but i hate the attitude of the nation at the moment. They really are playing world police, and disregarding any innocents they slaughter in the process.

'Yeah, we have tanks and guns and stuff, so we can go blow stuff up and... like... crack open some woop ass... why? because we can! whos gunna stop us?'

Thats basically the vibe i've got off a lot of people reading this thread over... and that makes me smile.

Look at China, India, Japan and yes, even Russia again. You are a fast declining super power, these countries are fast-growing super powers. One day in the not too distant future you will be in the same position as the ones you are oppressing. I can't wait for that day, to see the attitude change, to see you try to pretend the history you are creating today never happened, to see you try to scramble for allies again, after you've left them disillusioned and distant.

Tea

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I love the American people, don't get me wrong, but i hate the attitude of the nation at the moment. They really are playing world police, and disregarding any innocents they slaughter in the process.

Mmm, we don't all agree with the madness. I didn't vote for that moron Bush and I definitely don't condone one shred of the havoc he has wreaked in the ME.

The man is an idiot and those who put him in the WH are as well.

I would prefer the whole damn planet get along, but that doesn't appear to be our overall nature. We'll all pay for it in the end.

[edit on 4/5/2007 by Tea]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I can see that jealousy runs high for the Anglo-American invasion of Iraq. For the large part, those who invaded Iraq have a natural right to police the country as well as the rest of the world which it helped finance and bring out of the dark age. If countries such as Iraq want to except our western technology and our money to make a bit of a living of their own, then they better well be prepared to face the consequences of their actions when they step out of line.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
ETO you have no understanding of foreign affairs or how things work. How about people in other countries thinking that American citizens need freeing from the tyrany thats running the US right now would you welcome an invasion/occupying force in the US no you would not.

The US has no right to be in Iraq or anywhere else but this is all part of PNAC, if you have the time I suggest you read it and try and understand its implications not just for those who stand against the US but what it means for its own people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join