It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogant Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Hey, Lostsaillor I never said that.

I said, if you follow this illegial war you are one of two people.. Its up to you to decide where your morals lie!

Alright then... I don't follow an illegal war so my morals are just fine thanks!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Awww...

You seem upset.

Do you.. agit8dchop... want to kill every person in this country? So much built up hostility...

The world doesnt hate us.. just the types that end up on TV. Like how they show Anti war marches, but not Pro war marches. Liberal TV, you see more liberal movements, more liberals shooting their mouth off with down to the USA.

In the end, you depend on us for survival. Who saved you in the great wars, who kept you safe from big bad wolf USSR, who set up your economy..... It is easy to forget all the kind things Americans have done for the world when your narrow mind is focused on one issue.

Even if we did go to war for oil, you NEED us to need oil. If our oil supply drops, our economy goes with it, when it does, your goes down to. Then, in which ever posh little country you reside, things won't be so pretty and far away from wars. Maybe this is why Europe has been in a state of war for nearly it's entire history .... If you guys stop for to long, it goes to your head. You think your so safe... there have been more terrorist attacks in Europe then America since 9/11 ..........
You don't really care about Iraqis.. you just want some bad news to be placed on America.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Lost sailor, is said THIS WAR, not A War.

I mean, if you still believe in the IRAQ being just and reasonable, then yes... your morals and values clearly need a re-think.

Rockpuck,
upset?

yeah i am.. but then.. thats what people with a heart feel occasionally.
your clearly have no clue about this.. thats fine. (snip)

True tho, should the US economy crash, the world economy crashes.
Im glad you like to feel superiod in the fact that your country will be responsible for the peril of mankind.

Being we have lasted all this time, you feel happy in the knowdledge you were part of mans downfall.

I care about Iraqi's..

About 2years ago I had been in contact with some complete random Iraqi through ICQ.
Through the immigration laws, used my families lawyer to help assist in papers and immigration detail to bring him and his family over.
I had organised a job stacking shelves and scanning iteams at a supermarket for him to pay earn some money to keep him and his family fed.

this was all signed and sent.

But you know what?
One day, he just vanished.
Never to be heard from again.
All emails have gone without reply.
All phone calls have never been returned.
To this day, I have no clue what came of him.

Did he flee, maybe?
was he killed? probably.......
who really knows...

But what is clear to me, is that you, have no regard for human life.

'' boo frikken hoo ''

These are people we are dealing with.
Not everyone is a $$$ sign, or a terrorist you know.

Im a big believer in Karma, and its clear you have a lot of misery coming your way!

enjoy your life, im through talking with such outragoues, sickening -----

[edit on 3-2-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
America, as a soverign nation, there is no power greater then our own governing body, not the international anarchy of the world (there is nothing to direct the flow and intentions of every state)

Do not banter your "international laws" which do not exist.

So Rockpuck, why did GW Bush and Co. go to war originally?

Because of a violation of an UN Resolution, an UN resolution is an International law

Nice how you change the rules so they fit your agenda.

If you also remember your country was founded by people who fought against British Imperialism. They spared their lives so YOU could have your constitutional freedoms. Not so America could become what they fought against.

Advocating freedom and Democrocy on the world is one thing but force feeding people who don't want Gw Bush's version of it, is another.

Also you can keep going on about Europes past, but thats it, it's the past. A sign of intelligence is learning from mistakes, the US should learn that an imperialistic and aggressive nation comes tumbling down at some point!

I'm expecting a flaming, but I don't care much. It's text on my monitor. Save you energy

xxx

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No agit8dchop...

I was neither raped, abused nor beaten as a child? I do not know where your line of thought comes from. Aside from being rude and abrassive of course, not to mention uncalled for.

Jimmy. No flame'n

We used a UN resolution to show that we tried diplomacy, weak diplomacy .. more like used to to prepare for war.. I have a feeling it was directed to those who would feel bad for an unprovoked war.

But, we can use international organizations like the UN because we can then become the authority. when the UN goes to war on rare occasions (Gulf War 1) America leads the attack. In other words, we take the UN and turn it into our voice appearing to be the international community.

No nation on Earth aside from America has the ability to do that.

France cannot use the UN against us. Just won't work. We, can use the UN as a weapon against who ever we want, unless it is someone within it at a position of moderate power like France, then it would be blatent and not needed.

It's not to hard to understand that the only thing that makes something wrong or right is the ability to do something.

Also, all super powers fail and fall. America will one day. They fall faster through stagnation however.. being active like we are right now is healthier. We have grown so big, we will continue till we self destruct... and oh the misery the world will be in on the day that happens...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
@ Rockpuck

I'm sorry but the UN is designed to not be able to be controlled by any one nation, that's why certain country have the power of Veto. In fact just recently China Veto'd a resolution that the US tried to put through, if one member state uses the veto even France that's it, tough luck, resolution gets dropped. So I'll have to call your bluff there.

It does concern me though the lack of respect you show to the victims of the war in Iraq, I certainly hope you're not a soldier! At the end of the day every country has the right to look after itself but the fashion in which it does so will be the diffference of whether it's regarded by the world as a great nation or a danger to global security.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 3-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
hehe. We used the UN to legitimize an intent of war to the world....

We never got the UN's ... "permision" or "blessing" ...

We still went to war.

The UN is a lovely old school ideology. It is aged, usless and innefective.. I see America dropping out within the next few decades as it no longer serves our intrest.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Rockpuck, you seem to be advocating that the war in Iraq is OK in your eyes, regardless of how many innocents die, Am I right?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes.

I disagree with the war on the level that it's benifits are not high enough for the cost it has taken.. to much BS'ing.. it was executed wrong.. and because it was we should pull out and let things fall into place with out us artificially designing a fake government.

To actually go to war. No, I have no problem with my government attacking for secure resources or for national security.

No matter what the rest of the world thinks.

Let them hate us, so long as they fear us.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
To actually go to war. No, I have no problem with my government attacking for secure resources

well, the british attacking the 13 colonies for being insubordinate was one of those wars
so you would have sided with the british during the revolutionary war?

or for national security.

and was iraq a threat to the USA's national security?

ape

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
hmm, i know people who are serving in iraq right now, they are not butchering innocent civilians, it's the damn jihadist who care nothing of human life. the iraqi government needs the US there to provide security considering the influx of foreign fighters that are coming in from egypt and other areas like iran. once again the US acted on intelligence gathered at the time by multiple orginizations foreign and domestic, the only difference between the US and the UN is that the US acted as they should of with that kind of intell. it was the same intell hillary used to make cases against saddam and call for regime change. it was a UN country france that was building nuclear technology for saddam yet they have the nerve to scorn the US ?

the UN has failed to act many times, rwonda and darfur is a prime example of this. the UN is worthless and regardless of international law the US will act in it's interests. please keep in mind it's not the US planting IED's and driving car bombs into markets. ' but you are the reason that violence is happening' NO! it's crazy jihadist muslims trying to start chaos is why violence is occuring. do I need to remind everyone here how many iraqis voted? ' it was a staged election ', yeah right typical garbage talk.

by madnessinmysoul
and was iraq a threat to the USA's national security?

according to iraqi airforce general george E. sada yes, iraq was.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by ape]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Revolutionary wars are different then imperialistic wars, which are different then civil wars, which is different then any kind of ethnic cleansing.

In the revolutionary war, I would side with America escaping a repressive regime, but I would recognize England's right to attack its territory that tried to split off...

If the South won the war in the American Civil war, it would have been a Revelutionary war.. only because we attacked in the exact same way England did it prevent them from splitting off.

If Iraq 1. Supported terrorism, which they did, just not Al Quada, then yes. 2. If Iraq's activity in some way could have severely damaged our economy.. then yes. 3. If saddam supplied either information or money or anything at all to any terrorist organization.... then yes.

If we attacked just for the fun of it, or for a misinterpretid threat then no. That is what I think the war was.. they inticipated some kind of economic fall out... from the attacks..

We suffered a economic bomb as Clinton left office with the .com bubble burst...

Then our (worlds) largest and most important financial center in the world is hit and destroyed...

Then we go to war..

We went to war with Afgahnistan for revenge..

But we saw the economy was tanked... we where on a thread.. we walked it cautiously.. I applaud the administration and Congress for keeping it together as best they could, ANY nation on EARTH who suffered the blows we took... would have fell into chaos. So we needed something to get us out of this trudge we where in.. so we went to war with Iraq.. wars are very profitable if done right, and this one was indeed...

Except it was disproportionaly distributed.. the rich got wealthy alright.. but the middle class has been hit left and right.. and we are back to the point where we don't know if we can hold out another decade.

So now we are left sitting like dumb ducks in a pond.. just waiting.. picking up stupid contracts that we don't need... throwing billions into contractors to keep the tax rotation going.. to keep the economy artificially going... the sad truth is.. when this war ends.. thats billions, no 100's of billions not going into the economy in some way.. and we go into a post-war resession.

So... we are at a stage in our nations short lived history where either some miracle occures.. and we don't need the war any more.. or we expand till we become a truly imperialistic state or we self destruct in some kind of economic disaster/civil war..

And yes. We will go to war with Iran because we need to. And do I agree that we should? No... I think we should except the economic fall out .. spend a few years in the dirt and work back up. But, if America goes into a deep depression, so will most of the world.. because when we don't buy anymore, you don't produce..

Then there is the threat that China will become the next America.. the next giant consumer. Thats what Made America so powerful, our consuming power.. China with over 1.5 billion people has a hell of a good consuming population..

It's all complicated, much more complex then "war is bad and war is good" IMO any ways..

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
America: Number One In Arrogance! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Speaking as a proud -- and arrogant -- American, I must say that this thread pretty much proves its thesis that Americans are arrogant.

In fact, I daresay America leads the world in arrogance at this point.

So there!

Take that, France! We're even more arrogant than you are!*

WE'RE NUMBER ONE! Buahahahahaaaa!

*No Frenchmen were harmed in the making of this post. Author acknowledges that in certain provinces of France, arrogance may measure higher than in America. Your arrogance may vary. See dealer for details.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
LOL Majic.

Of course we are arrogant. And I am affraid we and the French are so much alike, it is why we don't like eachother! Though we secretly love eachother.

But if I am arrogant for defending my nation against none-Americans and a few anti-American Americans, then arrogant il be. What do we call the ones who started this thread and despise everything about America?

I call it jelousy, but that is my own arrogant thinking.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In my short life, I've learned that it takes a great deal of arrogance to accuse someone of arrogance.

Irony abounds.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Rock and Becky we have been there and worn the tee shirt. And rock if you cannot stand the truth or even know whats going on inside your own country or know of its history thats a shame. How do you equate the truth with anti semitism/Nazism.

And these same boots had to come over to the continent to free Europe from Hitler. Remember that.

NPAC founders Jewish, American film ownership Jewish, American banking Jewish. Rich European families moved from Europe to the States the Rothchilds etc. their descendants are still there richer than ever and running the US.

What the hell is this about? You disaparage the Jews because they are smart and successful? And in the same breath, you will praise the Islamofascists, I'm sure.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Sorry to say, a particular poster has disappointed here. Whether because his head's become too big or because he posted with extreme arrogance and stupidity just for the heck of it, is impossible to say. But he didn't do himself -- or Americans -- any favours.

Come out and name him. Don't play pussyfoot.

The saddest, most poignant and stubbornly stupid comment, imo, is the following:

It's the job of an American president to look out for Americans best interests no matter what the rest of the world thinks.

It is also one of the facts of life. You don't like it? So sorry, so sad.

As long as Americans believe this and apply it to their presence in the Middle East, they place themselves and their descendants in jeopardy and condemn them to generations of future shame.

Our country has done many things wrong, first among them being the inability to wean ourself off of oil that we need to buy from a 600AD civilization. But we are not ashamed to be Americans. Believe me, we could not care less about what happens over there if we didn't need the oil underneath where the camels squat.

Sadly, it's only when people have felt the enemy's boots on their own land that they learn to find alternatives to aggression and war.

Americans still have that lesson ahead of them.

It will never happen on American soil, I can say that with full confidence. But then, any cowardly terrorist that hides his head can blow up a mall, I will give you that.

And, "boots on land"? Remember WWII.

The rest of your post is garbage. There will never be an invasion of the US, regardless of your wet dreams to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies thus far, its obvious from some that there are a small minority who are hell bent on making it a name calling slanging match which is a shame. This sometimes occurs with those who feel insecure and fear constructive critisim. But such activities will not drown out the voice of truth and fairness, they are just misguided souls wandering in a dark room, not quite sure how to get out.

America may exercise its hyper status rights as many nations have done before it but its actions and attidtudes to others does not prevent others from doing the same. Ergo America has a legal right to be in Iraq and Iran and any other nation can disagree with that and do exactly the same and tell its people they have a right to fight the foreign invader whom ever they may be.

The claim that such actions are for the benefit of the American people is not just wrong but moraly so. Only a few Americans will benefit from such actions namely the already rich and powerful and some politicians. that is their reality. The reality for all other Americans is grieving the loss of a loved one who has been sacrificed in the name of corporate greed, that it is they who will suffer at the hands of terrorists, it is they who will pay the price for greed, that is their reality.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Say what you want. You cannot avoid the fact that the world leaders are mostly a bunch of cowards who are afraid to face the true evil in our world. Bush and Blair did what they had to do, fully aware that they were going to lose the popularity contest.

Who else could make a stance against terrorism? Canada? France? Mexico? South America? Germany?

Who?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Whats happening in the ME has nothing to do with the WOT, many have already stated on this thread that its the American Goverments desire to spread its influence around the globe. It is that action that forms the basis for terrorists acts against the USA and its supporters.

Just for once try to stertch your imagination to how you would feel and how you would respond to the occupation of your country. And as an example there have been many raising their voices in objection to the idea of US losing its sovereignty in a union with Canada and Mexico.

Bush and Blair do not run their respective countries they are just a figure head and nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join