It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogant Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Once again those who would be king are telling others to mind their own business. What right has the American Goverment to tell the Iranians to keep out of Iraq. America and its friends invaded Iraq illegally and has no right to be there yet it now has the audacity to tell others to butt out, the US arrogance knows no bounds. How about the US/UK and friends getting out of Iraq, their actions have instigated more death, torture and destruction than Saddam could of done in his wildest dreams.

The terrible mess that the US has created will only get worse and will actually cause Iran and others to get more involved in getting the foreign aggressors off their turf. The lame excuse of WMD's is as dead as Saddam is and everyone knows the real reason for the invasion, but this is a conflict that the US will not win, it dose not matter about its super power status, that will not ensure victory.

The best thing the US could do is to get out of Iraq, pay the monies back its robbed from the Iraq's make reparations and repair the damage it has done. Failure to do this will mean disaster for the US and its people. If it was the intention of the US Goverment for the American people to be hated and made a target for generations to come then it has been a complete success. Rather than preventing attacks on America its people and interests it has now opened the flood gates not just from Iraq's but from people all over the world.

One wonders what those blind led by the nose patriots would say if the same was happening to them and their country, would they want others who could help them to butt out, no I think not. If Fox News etc. actually reported the truth about whats happening in Iraq I'm sure many Americans would be telling the Goverment to bring the troops home, but as the American media is well muzzled most are in the dark of whats really going on. I think if they saw the bodies of US Troops being brought home every day on the news then they would have a different attitude.

America's policy of those countries who we cannot bribe or intimidate then we'll invade policy is doomed to failure and world opinion is totally against it. America is in danger of isolating itself from the rest of the world, other countries such as Russia and China are spreading their influence by peacful and economic means, maybe the US Goverment should try this approach for a change.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Get over yourself, please. Iran is engaged in fighting the US and the democratically elected Iraqi Government. So it IS the US's business to tell Iran to get out or to kill them.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We walked into Iraq and kicked their a$$es. Right now its ours. If you want to come and take it bring it on.

Thats the nature of war. To the victor goes the spoils. Stay out or we'll come to your house next.

PS. Nothing we could do would make you hate us less. Your people are a small minded easily manipulated group. Right now your masters want you to hate us. If they all of a sudden came out and said you have to love us, over a few generations you would kneel before us just because you felt so much love.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Frei what democratically elected goverment you mean the one Bush and his mates put there.

Royal your statement is true to a point and yes one day someone will kick America's ass. And where do you get the idea of hate from is that the only responce some Americans can come up with to consrtuctive critisim.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
^
Well, you brought up American Arrogance and you got it!!!

As a concerned American, 'pride goeth before the fall' comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
What right has the American Goverment to tell the Iranians to keep out of Iraq.

Because the Iranians are there illegally and are murdering Iraqis and Americans .. oh, and we are still pretty much in charge (or helping with) security for the Iraqis. THAT is what gives us the right.

America ... invaded Iraq illegally

:shk: this gets soooooooo old. No, America didn't invade illegally. Our government approved the action. There was nothing illegal about it.

the US/UK and friends getting out of Iraq, their actions have instigated more death, torture and destruction than Saddam could of done in his wildest dreams.

Saddam didn't just dream big when it came to death and torture, he DID IT. Some estimates have up to 2 million people dead because of him. Your accusation against the US in regards to 'more death and torture' than Saddam is completely wrong.

America is in danger of isolating itself from the rest of the world,

We don't care.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Flyers, the Iranians are in Iraq illegally what and the US is not, dont make me laugh, America has no right to be there and you know dam well your not. Your in charge alright of one great big death camp of your own making and you cannot find the way out.

Did I miss something on Fox news since when dose the US run the world, the UN disagreed with this action but as usual the US dose what it likes. So your goverment approved to attack a country that had done nothing to the US, a country that posed no threast to you how very brave of the American Goverment.

It strange is it not that you beleive your own inteligence when it comes to the numbers of deaths but refuse to believe independant anlaysis.

I'm sure their many Americans who do care its a pity you have such low regard for the suffering of you fellow man.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What right has the American Goverment to tell the Iranians to keep out of Iraq.

Because the Iranians are there illegally and are murdering Iraqis and Americans .. oh, and we are still pretty much in charge (or helping with) security for the Iraqis. THAT is what gives us the right.

America ... invaded Iraq illegally

:shk: this gets soooooooo old. No, America didn't invade illegally. Our government approved the action. There was nothing illegal about it.

Because the US gov't OK'd it it's legal but Iranians are there illegally? That's pretty convoluted FF. Did the Iranian gov't OK their people to be in Iraq? If so, are they there legally then? Just using your logic here.

America is in danger of isolating itself from the rest of the world,

We don't care.

I was going to come in here because of the name of this thread and try to do some good here. Unfortunately I think you just proved the authors point.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi Intrepid, dont get me wrong I know there are many Americans who dont agree with their goverment and many do care of what is going on inside Iraq, there must be tens of thousands of families in the US worrying about sons and fathers, daughters and wives who are in Iraq.

But the sherade cannot go on much longer before it escalates out of control, maybe then those who do not care or who may be asked to fight will start to take notice. Death is easy at a distance.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There are a few people here who posted that are making me wonder 'this question one':
Why aren't you guys in Iraq if you think the good 'ole USA is so rightious to be there? I'm sure if you begged a recruitment officer hard enough they may just let you join the US army!
The standards are being lowered

Be all that you can be!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Well, you brought up American Arrogance and you got it!!!

That is so good!

But the sherade cannot go on much longer before it escalates out of control,

I certainly agree with that. If you know where to look you can see the seams ripping apart already.

Americans are an arrogant bunch for the most part, you're right, but there are some gems, too. I have to say I agree with your OP completely. But who cares what we think?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I personally feel that the US government is arrogant.

May I just say that I do not think all American people are arrogant...some are... just as there are arrogant people in Oz and the world over.

I think the US government is arrogant and comes across as a bully on the world stage. I also get the feeling from many Amercian ATSers that they feel the same way about their government and leaders.

I personally am fearful for my family's future due to my country's alliance with the US. I think this is why people in other countries are so critical now
because they see there is no quick and easy fix to this WOT (as bogus as it is in my opinion).

I think this is why some of us may feel resentment towards the US government...not the people of the United States.

No disrespect intended

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Some responses are SPOT ON.

The American Government declared invading and occupying Iraq 'LEGAL'
Yet, anyone else who does the same is clearly doing something ILLEGIAL.

We do not have ANY right to be IN Iraq, let alone telling anyone else they CANT be in Iraq.

And we are not winning In Iraq.
You might of walked in, and bombed a stone age country, back into the stone age..... but clearly all the technology and weaponary you have is no match for natives of a land fighting for there home.

You will NEVER win Iraq.

But youve got to look at WHO your calling Arrogant.

The American President? Is a criminal. He told you how rosey and peachy IRAQ IS, he told you everything you needed to hear to allow this war to go on.

He is a lying sack of @#$(*

BUT YOU swallowed it, when the whole world rallied, when your own people rallied, you swallowed the bs.

You still beleive IRAQ was logical, being OSAMA/Saudi attacked you.
Thats not arrogance, thats STUPIDITY!

Amazing, the stupidity of some, result in so much suffering of others.
Its even more amazing that people are so stubborn to admit they made a mistake, so they just simply sit back and allow the killing.

Because there are so many Americans now that see the light and want the troops out, i believe I have the soltuion to the major divide that has HIT America.

If you STILL believe in the IRAQ War, then allow the soliders to come home. And you go fight it.

Only those who still believe in the legality of Iraq should be over there fighting, because the men and women who actually DESERVE respect, are the ones fighting over there, but dont believe in it.

So do the world a favour, and remove stupidity/arrogance.
Go and find out what IRAQ'S all about.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Unfortunately I think you just proved the authors point.

I still dont' care.

So the author thinks we are isolating ourselves from the world. So what. We are Americans and we will do what is best for America. No one else will look out for us so we will look out for ourselves.

It's the job of an American president to look out for Americans best interests no matter what the rest of the world thinks. You might want to keep that in mind while you are running for faux-president Intrepid. (just a hint for the foreigner who thinks he can run America better than Americans
)

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Flyers thats just the point Americans arent running America, Europeans/Jews are running America and their running it into the ground.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
We walked into Iraq and kicked their a$$es. Right now its ours. If you want to come and take it bring it on.

Thats the nature of war. To the victor goes the spoils. Stay out or we'll come to your house next.

PS. Nothing we could do would make you hate us less. Your people are a small minded easily manipulated group. Right now your masters want you to hate us. If they all of a sudden came out and said you have to love us, over a few generations you would kneel before us just because you felt so much love.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Royal76]

That's actually... mm ... about right.

I know its hard to handle mushroom... us arrogant Americans kicked butt over there and our word goes. Would you like to challenge us on that?
Course not.

There is no such thing as an "illegal" war. Who made the "its against the law to attack another nation" law? Who enforces it? Oh. We do. To bad.

I agree, get over your self and your apparent jealousy of American power.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Flyers thats just the point Americans arent running America, Europeans/Jews are running America and their running it into the ground.

Oooo those dern spooky Jews always trying to ruin every ones fun. I suppose you would suggest we drag all em dirty Jews off to camps, gas em up, stick em in the furnace eh?

Nazi.

Show me the proof your fearful Jews are ruining this country.

If you have no proof, take your disgusting antisemitic Nazi trash else where.

ape

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
the UN failed to act in rwanda, do you understand people got butchered by machedes? the UN is failing to act in darfur, the UN is worthless and UN member countries had stakes in iraqi oil, in the 80's france was helping saddam build nukes and the UN is the one calling this war illegal. when we did go into iraq we found a crap load of ( tons infact ) uranium, alot of which could be used for dirty bomb material. iraqi airforce general second in command george E. sada stated that in 2002 when syria had a disaster when a dam broke saddam flew over aid along with massive amounts of bio weaponry etc because of the impending US invasion and the US war chants. of course the media ignores this.

i feel we could of went at saddam differently but we didn't and we are there now, the fact you people justify iranian actions who encouraged and funded the war in lebenon last year, are undermining palestinian peace processes, are in iraq bring in advanced IED's killing not only americans but innocent iraqis that you need a huge reality check and you're ignorant. you can whine and cry all you want the fact is the US is there, the stupid democrats who oppose this war voted for it when it was popular after 9/11, I think it's time america man's up to it's responsibilites it instigated and leave that country with some dignity.

I almost joined the military but chose a different path, my friends however did join, and one of my good buddies lost his life in al anbar province by sniper fire. he felt that what he was doing over there was the right thing, he said the iraqi's were awesome people and he was honored to provide security for them. this was a decision he made as a man and I will respect it. I suggest anyone who says ' if you like the war so much join up' that they shut their mouth piece immediatly as nobody likes this war but we are there and we will not have another vietnam and both sides voted this in, we will not leave like we did vietnam and leave millions to get slaughtered ( the UN wants this to make the US look bad ) , ( so do the liberals ).

not to mention over 75% of that country is stable, we are focusing on 2 provinces that are violent and the media only focuses on the bad, for the morons who say we are losing I think they need an education, we are not losing, if we were losing 100% of that country would be unstable and the economy would not be growing so please stop watching MSNBC, and what is happening is the exact opposite of that. violence happens, this is apart of the mission, if you cant handle it dont do your best to undermine soldiers in harms way by voting for people who will cut their funding, who actually voted to send troops in and who have no principles.

in conclusion I dont mind being called an arrogant american, we acted on intelligence provided at the time by multiple orginizations, something the worthles UN has never done.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by ape]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Once again those who would be king are telling others to mind their own business. What right has the American Goverment to tell the Iranians to keep out of Iraq. America and its friends invaded Iraq illegally and has no right to be there yet it now has the audacity to tell others to butt out, the US arrogance knows no bounds. How about the US/UK and friends getting out of Iraq, their actions have instigated more death, torture and destruction than Saddam could of done in his wildest dreams.

We're not "would be" king. We are the king.

So, given that, why should we care to listen to a whiner like you?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sorry to say, a particular poster has disappointed here. Whether because his head's become too big or because he posted with extreme arrogance and stupidity just for the heck of it, is impossible to say. But he didn't do himself -- or Americans -- any favours.

I certainly appreciated the moderators participation.

And Agit8dChop's post is refreshing and pertinent.

The saddest, most poignant and stubbornly stupid comment, imo, is the following:

It's the job of an American president to look out for Americans best interests no matter what the rest of the world thinks.

As long as Americans believe this and apply it to their presence in the Middle East, they place themselves and their descendants in jeopardy and condemn them to generations of future shame.

Sadly, it's only when people have felt the enemy's boots on their own land that they learn to find alternatives to aggression and war.

Americans still have that lesson ahead of them.

The US drew first blood via their invasion of Iraq.

They invited retaliation and it will inevitably come. It may come from the least expected direction.

When it does (as it will) there won't be too many tears shed by the rest of the world.

After all, it's always good to see bullies get what they deserve.

The OP is correct: zionist criminals have made public monkeys of American politicians and the American people.

Obviously, it wasn't difficult. The American people chose to believe their own propaganda as delivered in preposterous movie and tv scripts, in which one American, jaw thrust bravely, shoots one bullet and kills a hundred of the enemy. Fade out to the saccharine strains of 'heroic' theme music and you have the gist of the majority of US 'true war stories'.

Sitting back in Oklahoma, with a full belly and the tv delivering the latest Bring it On BS from the latest in a string of imbecilic presidents, it must seem to Americans that they exist safely in the belly of an impregnable fortress. A 150 years ago, when ships were under sail and it took months even to reach US shores, such complacency might have been excused.

To date, all of America's wars have taken place 'over there' and the pain has primarily been felt by 'foreigners'.

All those wars, yet the Nazis and Commies and Viet Cong have never set a foot on the good ole USA. Americans have developed odd beliefs, similar to children who believe that if they hide THEIR heads under the covers, the boogey man won't be able to see them.

It doesn't make sense of course, but it obviously provides many Americans with a sense of security.

Those Americans who've lost sons and husbands and brothers in the 'foreign' wars know better. There's no real sense of pride or accomplishment to be gained from the knowledge that a beloved son went to SOMEONE ELSE's country to shoot people who had posed no real threat to the US. The Vietnam veterans learned that lesson, from their own people -- Americans.

Meanwhile, the zionist crime family despises 'Americans', whom they regard as 'yes men' and 'lapdogs' or simply, 'idiots'.

And why not? Americans have jumped to obedient attention any time the zionists have needed cannon-fodder. The Americans can always be relied upon to instigate and fight zionist battles. Zionists smile. They regard Americans as so childishly predictable, because Americans all like to imagine they're John Wayne.

And the zionists know that American politicians are so GREEDY ! All it takes for the zionist crime gangs to have US politicians in the palm of their hands is old-fashioned carrot and stick.

Big bunch of carrots, consisting of plump Swiss bank accounts, holiday homes in the South of France, some free first-class airline tickets, a silicone-filled call-girl or two, or perhaps an oiled male prostitute. Oh yes, the US politicians go for cheap.

As for the stick, the zionists simply send the politicians an envelope stuffed with large, full-colour photographs of the politician having sex with a minor. Odd though it seems to sane people, politicians are so vain and concerned with their 'image', that they will readily agree to consign 20,000 US servicemen to some Mid East hellhole, if in return the zionists promise not to release those incriminating photos to the media.

After that, the politicians are 'owned' by the zionists and it's up to the politicians to convince Mr and Mrs America to sacrifice their sons in the zionist cause. And Mr and Mrs America like to believe 'God' is always on THEIR side (even though the jews also claim that THEY are 'Gods' favourite children), so they send their sons off to fight zionist wars with a brass band accompaniment.

When young Master America returns home in a box, in pieces, Mr and Mrs America STILL insist he died fighting 'a just cause'. They insist their son died 'fighting for our Freedoms'.

How they can CLING to such beliefs when the same president who sent their son to his death is also diminishing Americans' Freedoms by the hour and sending Americans' jobs overseas at the same time as he's opening the flood gates to those who'll take the last remaining employment, is beyond the understanding of the rest of the world.

Now folks say Americans are dumb, for decimating their quality of life and previous good reputation on behalf of the zionists.

Others -- those whose children have been raped and killed by Americans -- say that Americans are devils.

And the zionists refer to Americans as idiots, as 'sheep'.

Obviously, the truth, as always, must fall somewhere in the middle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join