It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father - Son - Holy Ghost (masonic symbolism)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The father

---------------------------------------------------------
The son

------------------------------------------------------------
The holy ghost [spirit] (The phoenix)

The new phoenix embalms the ashes of the old phoenix in an egg made of myrrh and deposits it in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis ("the city of the sun" in Greek). The bird was also said to regenerate when hurt or wounded by a foe, thus being almost immortal and invincible — a symbol of fire and divinity.

Phoenix (also known as Garuda in sanskrit) is the mystical firebird which is considered as chariot of Hindu God Vishnu.

en.wikipedia.org...

In Buddhist mythology, the garudas are enormous predatory birds with intelligence and social organization.

The garudas are enemies to the Nāgas, a race of intelligent serpent- or dragon-like beings, whom they hunt.

en.wikipedia.org...

Naga (mythology), a race of supernatural beings usually depicted with both snake and human attributes.
In India, nāga are depicted as subterranean and as an opponent to the eagle-like Garuda.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1-2-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Is someone going to start a discussion (the original poster perhaps?), or do we stroke our beards for a while longer?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Is someone going to start a discussion (the original poster perhaps?), or do we stroke our beards for a while longer?

Damn. And just when I shaved my beard off.

Hey, at LEAST the original post was more interesting than the other crap that's being posted lately, huh?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Agreed. In hindsight, I really shouldn't complain eh.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So who really holds the keys to the knowledge of good and evil?

Masons or evangelical christians?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
anyone who isn't scared to eat good fruit

so far a woman

all this trinity stuff is totally homosexual if you don't include a mother.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
anyone who isn't scared to eat good fruit

so far a woman

Not necessarily, but many do consider the Spirit to be the feminine form.

And in the RCC of course there is "Mary, mother of God"

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes but who is the mother of all living?

if God is a Living God then Eve must be the mother of God....according to a logical thought process and not theology....

God the Father is pure spirit so perhaps we are getting that one messed up, too...the dove was the Father protecting the son? - in spirit and in word.

Makes more sense to me than the other way.

God above
Mother earth below

Spirit
Matter

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

so far a woman

Mothers tend to prefer security at the expense of freedom. Of course, a compromise would be benificial I would think.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

that just made me laugh out loud!

Didn't expect to laugh when I clicked on this, always a nice surprise.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm not really sure of what the OP meant with all those pictures and that one poem. Sorry, but could you include a short paragraph or elaborate on what you meant?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yes but who is the mother of all living?

Sophia... Knowledge.

In Gnostic tradition, the term Sophia (Σoφíα, Greek for "wisdom") refers to the final and lowest emanation of God. In most if not all versions of the gnostic myth, Sophia brings about an instability in the Pleroma, in turn bringing about the creation of materiality. Thus a positive or negative view of materiality depends a great deal on the interpretations of Sophia's actions in the myths. She is occasionally referred to by the Hebrew equivalent of Achamoth (this is a feature of Ptolemy's version of the Valentinian gnostic myth).[citation needed]

Holder of Knowledge

Sophia was the first guardian of knowledge. Now remember, when Adam and Eve ate of the "forbidden fruit?" Which one was the first to bite of that "fruit?" Adam? Eve" Last time I check Eve was the first to bite of the "fruit" in the "garden."

In the Nag Hammadi, Sophia is the lowest æon, or anthropic expression of the emanation of the light of God. She is the syzygy of Jesus Christ (i.e. she forms a unity with Christ, being cojoined with him), and Gnostics believed that she was the Holy Spirit of the Trinity. Sophia is depicted as the creator of the material universe in "On the Origin of the World." Furthermore, the planet Earth and everything on it was indeed created by the Jewish God Yahweh, but he is depicted as fundamentally corrupt. Because Sophia created the material universe and its god (also known as Yaldabaoth, Samael, and Demiurge) either without her syzygy Jesus Christ or, in another tradition, because she tried to breach the barrier between herself and the unknowable Bythos.

"Spirit of the World"

Sophia has basically been demarcated as the spirit of the earth, or in pagan ideologies Gaea. Now, since this is relinquished to the fact that Christ came to deliver man from the ignorance of previous times, it must be admitted that it all falls in line with the question that is really being asked here.

If the Father is God and the Son is Christ, then the Holy Spirit is most likely feminine in nature. Now, ..man does not have the power to discern truth for truth is hidden in the shadows and will only be revealed to man at his ascension in 2012.

Although the Divine Sophia is central to so many Gnostic movements she is by no means a figure unique to Gnosticism. Sophia as 'the Wisdom of God' (Chokhmah in Hebrew) appears in the Bible in the Book of Proverbs - in particular 8.22-31 in which the Sophia speaks as if an entity in her own right - as well as in the Psalms, the Apocryphal Wisdom of Solomon and the New Testament. In Judaism the Sophia appears alongside the Shekinah, 'the Glory of God', a figure who plays a key role in the cosmology of the Kabbalists as an expression of the feminine aspect of God. Like the Gnostic Sophia, the Shekinah has a double role as placed side by side with God while also exiled to the world of matter, the Malkuth.

At one point in time in the Russian Orthodox Church, for instance, the Sophia was championed by some individuals as a key part of the Godhead by religious thinkers. This included Vladimir Solovyov, Pavel Alexandrovich Florensky, Nikolai Berdyaev and Sergei Bulgakov whose book Sophia: The Wisdom of God is in many ways the apotheosis of Sophiology. His work was denounced by the Russian Orthodox Authorities as heretical. For Bulgakov, the Sophia is co-existent with the Trinity, operating as the Feminine Aspect of God in concert with the three Masculine principles of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. This contrary to the official view of the Eastern Orthodox Church, which is that She is the same person as God the Son (however referred to as feminine in the Old Testament because "Sophia" in Greek is a female term) who became incarnate as Jesus Christ.

Wisdom

While I certainly do not agree that Sophia and Christ are the same entity, it needs to be understood that Christ was endowed with the knowledge of Sophia. Christ foresaw the coming of his blood being spilt and knew what it meant by his blood being spilled. Christ, in his grand illuminatorious spirit knew that the only hope for man would be the knowledge that he had being revealed.

Without his sacrifice, man would not know much of what he knows today.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Lol I am not one to believe in trinity. I believe God is in heaven. With spirit and body. Read revalations chapter 4 and 5. Jesus Christ if you ask me is not God but the perfect form manifestation of God jesus can not be the son if he is the father. When jesus die on the Cross he says (Father father why have YOU(IN HEAVEN) FORSAKEN ME(JESUS ON EARTH).

So when you say Mary is the Mother of God. The answer is no. Mary was the mother of Jesus Christ the perfect form of God. That does'nt make Jesus God.

Maybe I lost the point to this thread. But hey we all get stupid.

new topics

top topics

join