It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran & U.S Already Sparring On The Ground, Could Explode Into Open Warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Bush administration is shifting to offense in it's confrontation in Iran. Strategic U. S. Military movements are starting to be seen. Building up its military presence in the Gulf in what it says is a show of strength directed at Iran. A second aircraft carrier is heading for the region, and Patriot missile batteries are being deployed. Tensions are high. And it becomes a seriously dangerous situation.

newsinfo.inquirer.net
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Citing Iranian involvement with Iraqi militias and Tehran's nuclear ambitions, the Bush administration has shifted to offense in its confrontation with Iran -- building up the US military in the Persian Gulf and promising more aggressive moves against Iranian operatives in Iraq and Lebanon.

Iraq has become a proxy battleground between Washington and Tehran, which is challenging -- at least rhetorically -- America's dominance of the Gulf. That has worried even Iraq's US-backed Shiite prime minister, who -- in a reflection of Iraq's complexity --also has close ties to Iran.

The Air Force is considering more forceful patrols on the Iraqi side of the border with Iran to counter the smuggling of weapons and bomb supplies, The Los Angeles Times reported, citing senior Pentagon officials.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We are now seeing more signs which give us reason to believe that the war with Iran could be imminent. Daily news which describes the tension between the US & Iran are increasing. Following these current events unfold will able us to create a timeline of event or a countdown to a war with Iran. Or shall I say chronology of the war with Iran?

I am still crossing my fingers & hoping that this war with Iran won’t happen.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
(submission) "Iran Is Arming Iraqi Militias"- U.S. General
Iran ready for standoff

US to attack Iran in April?

[edit on 1/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 1-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If the US did not do everything in it's power to stop Iranian shipments of weapons and support into Iraq then we would be doing a great disservice to our military (among others) seeing as how they are on the receiving end of those weapons. If Iran does not stop, even after we take actions on the Iraq side, then I'm afraid real decisions will have to be made.

Personally I think the US should prepare for conflict with Iran, seeing as how they have already started it. We have ignored it thus far in hopes of not escalating it further however that cannot go on indefinitely.

Among the actions the US has taken so far this also singles to me that we are indeed serious about the military option if they do not stop interfering. The board pieces are almost set, it just depends on what the players want to do...

Related Link

[edit on 1-2-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think its scary as can be. This seems to be going into a Never Ending War! Its gonna go from one conflict right into another and another and another. One day right here on our own land! Just my opinion of course.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey Shar,

QUOTE "I think its scary as can be. This seems to be going into a Never Ending War! Its gonna go from one conflict right into another and another and another. One day right here on our own land! Just my opinion of course."

Only one problem with your prediction...

If nothing is done it will show up on your doorstep anyway. It'll just take longer, and you'll be less prepared to defend against it. I don't know if you've been paying attention but these guys are making some pretty ugly allies (see Venezuela, NK, etc...) who don't really think much of our culture and form of government and who don't care if we live or die.

Umm, Just my opinion of course.

top topics

join