It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Gallon Buckets with 25 survival rations sold at costco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hi all, this is my first post.
I was wondering if this is something to be alarmed about?

I was at costco today and they had alot of buckets full of the dried survival rations at costco. Are they trying to warn us about something?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
my guess is they are left over from y2k and are expiring soon/already. Did you buy one? Im curious now.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey, thats interesting.
What kind of stuff is in the buckets?
Would they be good to take on my next camping trip?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Are you sure they weren't gift baskets?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, do you know how they were branded? Couldn't find anything on their website.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by loam]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I found a little bit of information.
It's from other blogs, but the detail I gathered was that it sells for 109 bucks,
so maybe they are on sale now..

This particular product number was #104893 .

Some were saying that the contents consisted of

premixed, seasoned
vitamin, mineral fortified
100% vegetarian--(except whey milk and pancakes)soy used in lieu of meat
Barley Vegetable
Blueberry pancakes
Ala King
Cacciatore
Country Noodle
Corn Chowder
PotatoBa-Kon
Rice Lentil
Western Stew
Whey Milk

Does that sound familar?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This would be a good thing to take a pic of with a camera phone and send it to ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here is a site selling the same product.. If that helps any.

With the sudden interest surge in a paying amount of people, wouldn't these companies participate in the selling in order to make some extra bones here and there?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

barley soup ...............Bring 5 cups of water to boil; reduce heat and add contents of bag. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to Taste. Stir frequently.

i dunno about you guys , but i expect my survival rations to be easier and faster to prep

20 minuites simmer uses a lot of fuel

if you are planning to " stay put " and tough it out with a large reserve of stuff in your home , as i believe " dr_strangecraft " discusses in a thread

i am certain that you will be abel to buy in a far larger quantity of raw ingredients , cheaper

[edit on 1-2-2007 by ignorant_ape]

apc

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm quite certain you could build your own buckets stocked full of food that you and your family will actually eat and enjoy for far less cost. You could also be certain of the expiration dates and environmental needs within the bucket (dessicant, CO2, whatever).

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the thing is this...

i lived off the food for 6 days. really.

check it out at www.261survival.com

it does take about an hour from start - eat - cleanup. it reminded me of camping. (which i hate) and i really, really, really like eating meat but - the food is all vegetarian - that's how come the shelf life is 20-years.

the food isn't meant to be the ultimate answer - just a start or base for a supply of food essentials.

at the time - i didn't work for the company - after the experiment i asked for a job.

i am setting up a few more 'survival challenges' if anyone is interested.
the real story is the water filter - no lie - i drank from the levys in new orleans.

email me @ [email protected]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I saw those survival buckets too. They were giving out samples when i was there. No i dont think they are from Y2K, i think they are because of the closening of the pandemic.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
They have been at Costco for a while. Ours was closing them out for $80.00. It was not a bad deal, but I have other survival measures so i never bothered. But if you you got one say for each family member it would store nicely and the buckets would have uses as well

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I dident see these at my local Costco when I was there yesterday but I will check them out if I see them the next time I go.

What area of the store are they located in? I assume in the bargain section when you first walk in after showing them your membership card?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hi all,
They were selling these at my local Costco in Anchorage last summer. I am planning on buying one in the next month. Never hurts to have it..

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

When I saw them, They were nead the bulk foods and snacks and such like at the far end of the store.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I'm going back through the archives since I'm a new member.
It makes more sense to me to spend the $100 on extra canned food you already eat and rotate it into your pantry. Store what you eat and eat what you store. Is your period of most intense stress really the time to start feeding your body foods it has never had before? Food that you may not like? That is the true time for comfort food and trust me, that does not come in a 5 gallon bucket. :-)

top topics

join