It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Moser" Death Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The revived Sanhedrin of Israel has become the focal point of a criminal investigation after issuing death threats against GOC Central Command Yair Naveh of the IDF. Naveh earned the death threat after authorizing restraining orders and relieving Palestinians of invasion on the West Bank. According to Sanhedrin Law, a "Moser" (one who informs against fellow Jews or hands over Jews or Jewish land to gentiles) is to be put to death "it is permissible to kill a moser everywhere, even in this time when the courts do not rule on capital cases."* (* Maimonides)

www.haaretz.com
The State Prosecution on Wednesday decided to open a criminal investigation against a group of rabbis who issued a halakhic ruling against GOC Central Command Yair Naveh for authorizing restraining orders against West Bank settlers. The rabbis ruled that in signing such orders, Naveh was guilty of crimes punishable by death according to Jewish law.

The signatories to the halakhic ruling include Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, the head of the Jerusalem Temple Institute; Rabbi Yehuda Edrey, of the movement to rebuild the temple; Bar Ilan Literature Professor Hillel Weiss; Rabbi Rueven Hass and Rabbi Ido Alba.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So much for the myth that rabbis cannot and do not issue orders to kill in our time because rabbinic courts no longer rule on capital cases. It is obvious that there are exceptions, as the Haaretz article shows, it is "Mosers".

It will be interesting to see if this investigation amounts to anything, I seriously doubt it will.

The revised Sanhedrin has shown it's attitude to those who try to live with their Palestinian neighbours, it is one of intolerence and hatred. If it gathers more power we will see the attempted rebuilding of the Temple at the cost of the Palestinian people.

This article reminds me of another "Moser", Yitzhak Rabin.

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

Maimonides

[edit on 31/1/2007 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The lands that were given back to the Palestinians, after Israeli occupation, were once occupied by the IDF and also used to make settlements for Israelis.It belonged to the Palestinians before the IDF took it over, and they are now being given back, so why those rabbis believe that they're giving away "Jewish land" is puzzling.

I'm sure there are rabbis here in the US would would object to their ruling, and consider it unfair. My friend's father is an anti-Zionist rabbi who might find this new story interesting. I hope I can get his input on this.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

new topics

join