It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National I.D. Card....will you accept it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hi All,

I found an interesting site that is monitoring what is called the REAL ID Act. What is interesting and what I will put in the "pretty sneaky" catagory, it was attatched to a "military spending" bill that was to provide money for tsunami relief and for the troops in iraq. Of course it was approved right away.
(It has since become a stand-alone act)

Real ID Act

Here is an interesting article I found from CNET on how the act will affect people.

kix

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
In MExico we have a national identity card, it was issued in 1990 as a means to prevent vote fraud, so its official name is Electoral card but is a bona fide National identity card.

For big $$$ operations is needed, for opening a bank account is needed, for getting offcial papers such as passports, birth certificate, carreer registry and degree, national TAX number and population code. It has fingerprint, photo, and a lot of safeguards.

Its a good instrument to prevent all kinds of fraud, identity theft, bank money laundering schemes and plain civil fraud, since to get it you need a birth certificate (bye bye ilegals) a proof of residence and the national vaccination and medical card ( given to new borns since 1988)..so getting a fake one is VERY complicated, alsoo it serves the purpose to make eelections more transparent....

If the USA got one decades ago you wouldnt have the MILLIONS of illegals in the USA...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This should update you about The National ID CARD and its current status.

www.epic.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Red Herring!

We already have national ID cards and people don't even know it.

Many of them SS#, Birth Certificate, Drivers License, Cell phones, Mortgage payments, Bank Statements, Debt, Etc.....on and on.

Do you think they can't track you with one or all of these?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of the BS life that we live as so called americans. It is time for our revolution. Are you scared? I am.... I want to be at peace with the global society. I wany the US to be a source of peace with humanity. We are headed towards things where we may not be able to return. I am scared of our future. World War 3 is at hand. How do we stop those who lead us and dont care about us.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjpassow
I am sick and tired of the BS life that we live as so called americans. It is time for our revolution. Are you scared? I am.... I want to be at peace with the global society. I wany the US to be a source of peace with humanity. We are headed towards things where we may not be able to return. I am scared of our future. World War 3 is at hand. How do we stop those who lead us and dont care about us.

WWIII was the Cold war.

Maybe you mean WWIV? And were already in it with the technology battles.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
So WHAT exactly will this do to hinder our freedoms?

it's aörady happeneing, electronic surveillance records your every move even if they currently deny it and when things get though, they will have plenty of ammunition against everyone.

remember, with millions of bogus laws, EVERYONE is a criminal. supplements get banned, everyday life regulated, sooner or later they will put your ass in ahck for growing parsely and chive on your window sill. think it can't happen?

It has happened already, you just don't want to open your eyes.

PS: you're not with that question

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i guess this is what the govt considers voluntary

Supporters claim it is not a national ID because it is voluntary. However, any state that opts out will automatically make non-persons out of its citizens. The citizens of that state will be unable to have any dealings with the federal government because their ID will not be accepted. They will not be able to fly or to take a train. In essence, in the eyes of the federal government they will cease to exist. It is absurd to call this voluntary.

link ron paul

that is the govts version of voluntary...another thread with links about this voluntary act...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Hi All at ATS!

This is my first post, though I have been enjoying reading the boards for months now. Reading this thread, I thought it was time I started to stick my oar in!

I'm in the UK, and I think this whole ID card business is a total disgrace. I can see no practical function whatsoever for the card in securing the country or fighting "terror" etc. I am convinced this has a lot moire to do with monitoring populations and the "markets" that they see us as.

I'm really not happy about it, but I'm not sure we are going to have any choice but to accept them. I guess in the US it is still possible to go off the net, as it were, and become something of a Survivalist and go on without the cards, but we just don't have the wilderness or natural resources in most of the UK to pull this off. Not sure that I would want to either, to be honest.

On the flip side, I think some of the posts here are right in that we are already heavily montored. Not just by govt., but by private industry. Anyone who has a store card, or credit card, is everyday giving away tons of info on where they live, where they shop, what they buy, what pharmaceuticals they need, etc.

But what on Earth can we do about it? I am going to avoid carrying on for as long as possible, but........

I'd say march on London, but even that is out. It is now illegal to protest within 1km of Westminster!!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Australia is also getting the National ID Card planned for roll out by 2010

/hmezb

Only difference being they aint so bold to call it an ID Card, as Australians rejected the Govts last attempts, so its been re-badged as the "smart card"
Without your smart card you wont be able to get health and welfare services such as Medicare and Social Security benefits.

"People will be able to register for the card from the beginning of 2008 and it will be phased in over two years.

The card will also be used to check identities for immigration and security purposes and to crack down on fraud. Its embedded computer chip will include a photograph, number, signature, date of birth and address.

From 2010 people will not be able to receive government health and welfare payments without a card."

Looks like this ID card business is being rolled out across many countries. Who's behind it all?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
Is there anybody here that is going to accept this I.D. card? if so why? if not why? i am preparing myself and my son who is 10 years old for the life without this card. no buying or selling without it. its a scary thing to think about but i really dont think i can take this card and live with myself knowing the things i know about our planet and the way things are heading. having said that i just want to hear what your thoughts are on this after you see this video.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Funkydung]

- money, no buying or selling without it.

(now its credit cards or even debit mainly)
- i.d. drivers license...you have it always with you to show who you are:
* to the police
* to buy beer
* to get into clubs
* to get loans
* to do anything

So...whats the difference of a national card?
Maybe the info a little more easy to get to. I dont see a difference.

True, one thing leads to another, but at what point do you reject something?
Should we have started with rejecting money...or the drivers license that is used in every part of our life from bank loans, i.d., etc.?

The concern, I know goes deeper...and I know where it leads to.
But in and of itself, the i.d. card really isnt anything new...yes things are coming together, but they pretty much have been coming together for some time now.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Niether me or any members of my family will accept having to get this card. I can't wait to see the reaction from the Christians who follow the bible. If you have ever heard of Jack Van Imp, he is always talking about the mark of the beast in the hand or head. Im not religious but if he can convince the christians not to accept the card it will never work. I've heard in the UK they are already trying to get everyone on a national ID card but they are resisting. I've also heard that if only about 3% of Americans resist the card, the program will fail. I can't wait to see what happens.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
it's already happeneing, electronic surveillance records your every move even if they currently deny it and when things get though, they will have plenty of ammunition against everyone.

remember, with millions of bogus laws, EVERYONE is a criminal. supplements get banned, everyday life regulated, sooner or later they will put your ass in ahck for growing parsely and chive on your window sill. think it can't happen?

It has happened already, you just don't want to open your eyes.

Yeah, that seems about right.

- bogus laws...you can be caught for anything if someone wants to 'catch' you.
So what the concern?
- every move is being watched...or at least it seems in Britian from what I read.
(and Im sure there is an advanced version of google earth for the military, or who knows who, that lets them see me when Im using the toilet. Whatever...if that floats their boat seeing someone use the john.
)

Point is...yes the world has a system in place...and in place it is.
The system is supported by the mass consciousness of the people.

Dont like it...ignore it. Live your own life.
Otherwise you feed it with the attention you give it. "It" wants to be taken seriously.

But like the movie merlin...when enough people turn there back on "it" and realize the game...the game changes. Much like in a dream, how it changes.

After all, you have to admit, this life is nothing more than a dream.
We are only here a few brief years...and after that our collective energy is dispersed like particles of a water drop spreading out across the ocean.

So in the end...does it matter? I suppose to some it will, and when the time comes...people will know what to do.

But all the worry before hand...has it changed one thing?

The government, or systems you hope to change, can and will not change.
Again, they are part of a system that runs a certain way according to certain rules.

True change comes from within, and then the stuff without changes to.

Two people can be next to each other...one can see heaven, while the other can see hell. Thats what it really boils down to.

But yes, conspiracies are fun...its right there like a jigsaw wanting to be played with.

But like Venom in spider man...make sure you play the game, and the game doesnt play you...(of course, if thats what you want.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cuda
Niether me or any members of my family will accept having to get this card. I can't wait to see the reaction from the Christians who follow the bible. If you have ever heard of Jack Van Imp, he is always talking about the mark of the beast in the hand or head. Im not religious but if he can convince the christians not to accept the card it will never work. I've heard in the UK they are already trying to get everyone on a national ID card but they are resisting. I've also heard that if only about 3% of Americans resist the card, the program will fail. I can't wait to see what happens.

fail it will not...check your i.d. in your pocket now.
That drivers license is more than that.

Go walk by a cop and let him find you dont have i.d.
seriously, see what happens when they ask you. They will be quite surprised and even tell you that you should have something with you, even if its a state i.d.

jack van imp...yeah, suppose he is getting the stage set up for the drama.
He was fun to watch. Gotta wonder peoples true motives. But in the end, does it really matter?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosopher king
Hi All at ATS!

I'm in the UK, and I think this whole ID card business is a total disgrace. I can see no practical function whatsoever for the card in securing the country or fighting "terror" etc. I am convinced this has a lot moire to do with monitoring populations and the "markets" that they see us as.

I'm really not happy about it, but I'm not sure we are going to have any choice but to accept them. I guess in the US it is still possible to go off the net, as it were, and become something of a Survivalist and go on without the cards, but we just don't have the wilderness or natural resources in most of the UK to pull this off. Not sure that I would want to either, to be honest.

hi philosopher king. i agree totally with your remarks about monitoring populations and the "markets" that they see us as. this is it i belive. the corporation giants are behind this id card more than the governments are. but they definatly both go hand in hand. the population works for the beast. the corporations are the ones that rule this world...they determine what we drive eat wear see hear taste etc...the people now depend on them for survival. a couple of more moves and its checkmate.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks, Funkydung.

Sadly, i think what youre saying is right. I think ID cards are certainly linked to the war on terror etc, by a common thread - e.g. the rampant greed of our capitalist societies. (trying not to sound like a raging Leftie, but not easy in these circumstances!)

I think the war in Iraq had far more to do with bringing the country into the global market, than WMD or any of that nonsense.

On the current levels of monitoring, I agree with Dalen that there are already many forms of ID surveillance in place - drivers licence, social security, credit cards etc. Given that this is true, what exactly is the practical purpose of a single ID card? A practical purpose that could be seen as benevolent, I mean?

As for resisting, how can we?
I think it would take A LOT more than 3% of the population dissenting in the UK to cause any significant ewffect, and the British public are notoriously apathetic when it comes to turning out to protests etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am an "id card country" citizen , and as far as i can remember I've never been asked for it by the police , the times i've had to use an identification of any sort were definitely justified e.g. : opening a bank account , registering a car or proving my identity when crossing borders within the EU , which now has been canceled due to the Schengen agreement , allowing free movement of people and goods within the EU (excepted for the UK), this lack of control at the borders has opened a whole new playground for criminals of all sorts and is much more worrisome than introducing id cards.

Do you really believe that people/institutions/secret societies/wannabe dictators
need id cards to know what you shop for or where you have been in the last years/months of your life , nothing personal but that is plain and utter naivity.
Why not care about these hundreds of thousands of illegals who have entered the UK the last years , and are now roaming around , most of them only trying to survive of course and behaving (no sarcasm intended).

What about the thousands of surveillance cameras installed in your country?
Now that is definitely something that is disturbing to say the least

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Screw all globalists, the NWO and the National ID card.

As soon as the cards are issued they will be able to be faked. Think that we can't or won't be able to survive,hell, live without them, get real. Didn't need them before and won't need them when they come. You don't need a cell phone or a computer or most of the other so called necessities to live well in the US. There will be mass civil disobedience of the National ID if not fully open resistance to any tagging, chipping or any other types of tracking. RFID and other forms of tracking are so easy to defeat that it silly.

The Sixth Column lives! Long live the Rebel Alliance!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
You're absolutely right, Hvitserk. I don;t know about everyone else, but I don't believe that this is a conspiracy by secret societies or wannabe dictators and so on.

That's why I'm puzzled about the justification for ID cards at all. I am interested in knowing if and what civil rights people in your country said about the introduction of the cards and if there is any continuing dissent towards them. What positive effects have they had?

I also agree that the number of surveillance cameras in the UK is ridiculous and a massive threat to civil liberties too. I kinda parcel that together with ID cards as an ongoing process that is accellerating rather than beginning.

As for illegal immigrants, I think ID cards would not necessarily stop them coming into the country, as UK immigration is already fairly militant, but would certainly make their lives that much more hellish, and I don;t want to see starving families on the streets, illegal or not.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosopher king
That's why I'm puzzled about the justification for ID cards at all. I am interested in knowing if and what civil rights people in your country said about the introduction of the cards and if there is any continuing dissent towards them. What positive effects have they had?

As for illegal immigrants, I think ID cards would not necessarily stop them coming into the country, as UK immigration is already fairly militant, but would certainly make their lives that much more hellish, and I don;t want to see starving families on the streets, illegal or not.

we've had id cards for decades , most probably since before WWII but i'd have to research that , as i speak i don't even know where mine is , somewhere at home i guess (i'm at work now) .

Nationals have a different one than residents , even EU members , they have a so called foreigner's ID , which looks quite ugly ,with a limited validity .This ID (if obtained) allows you to reside and work within the grand duchy for a limited time frame , this time frame differs depending on your country of origin , EU members have a ten year one i believe but i could be mistaking but they do not need one to be working here ( +- 100 000 borderers from Belgium France and Germany enter the grand duchy every day )

the illegal immigration problem will certainly not be stopped by id cards (and it's not really the subject here) I just wanted to make a point about priorities, that is why i mentioned surveillance cameras as well.
Talking about priorities why not start a war against drinking , surely kills more people than terrorism, or a war for jobs .

One thing i know though is that i had to spend an extra 60€ to get myself a new biometric passport as some country across the big pond won't let me travel to it without one

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join