It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National I.D. Card....will you accept it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Is there anybody here that is going to accept this I.D. card? if so why? if not why? i am preparing myself and my son who is 10 years old for the life without this card. no buying or selling without it. its a scary thing to think about but i really dont think i can take this card and live with myself knowing the things i know about our planet and the way things are heading. having said that i just want to hear what your thoughts are on this after you see this video.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
Is there anybody here that is going to accept this I.D. card? if not why?

No...Way.

The so-called National ID Card is a violation of our Constitutionally-granted Liberty. Mandating its use is an effort to control the actions of American citizens, which circumvents our Liberty. No, the National ID Card is not as inoffensive as a state-issued drivers license. A drivers license is only a document certifying that you have earned the privilege to operate a machine. The National ID Card will be used to track your movements and influence your actions through intimidation.

Liberty means a lot more than mere freedom. Liberty is the right to make our own decisions — and the exercise of Liberty can lead to freedom or imprisonment, depending on the wisdom of our choices.

But, see, we have to be able to make bad choices, wrong choices. Sometimes we choose to take a wrong step, and that is our right under the Constitution. It is our right to rebel against our own government, if we choose to do so. The folks who wrote and ratified the Constitution wouldn't have it any other way.

But implementing the National ID Card is about giving a relative handful of authority figures the power to monitor our whereabouts, our actions, and thereby intimidate us into "walking the straight & narrow," as it were. It spells the end of American Liberty.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That's nothing. When they 'discover' that it's easily faked, they'll go to putting chips in hands.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I will accept it only if it grants me nationwide concealed weapons carry.

Edn

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I wont accept it, and I wont pay the fines. Heck I'm prepared to go to jail (although they say they wont put you in jail)

Its a little odd don't you think that both the UK and US are planning widespread introduction of the ID card in 2008

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'll accept it without reservation.

It beats having this darn chip in my head, and besides - I'd look pretty darned good with my photo next to that all seeing eye.

Be seeing you.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
I wont accept it, and I wont pay the fines. Heck I'm prepared to go to jail (although they say they wont put you in jail)

Its a little odd don't you think that both the UK and US are planning widespread introduction of the ID card in 2008

hey edn. im not sure if they will put you in jail or not. just the fact that you will be basically cast out of society will be punishment enough. you wont be able to get a job or a bank account or buy anything or drive or fly on an airplane. not too many people are gonna go without this thing. and yeah your right uk is planning on this as well.

Indians and other non-European nationals will compulsorily require identity cards supported by biometric data to work or claim other benefits in the UK from 2008, Prime Minister Tony Blair has said.

Foreign nationals would be issued with “biometric residence permits” from 2008 when they applied for a national insurance number in Britain, he said.

Without being registered on the ID card database they would not be able to work, claim benefits or get free hospital treatment, he said.

For British citizens the cards will not be introduced until 2009 and will remain voluntary till parliament votes after the next general election on whether to make the scheme compulsory.

ID cards are used in at least a dozen EU countries, including France, but are not always compulsory. Britain’s ID cards will have more encrypted data than any other.

Thirteen million foreigners pass through Britain every year and the “open world... global mass migration, easier travel, new services and new technologies” had brought new problems such as illegal immigration, terrorism and fraud, Mr Blair said yesterday.

The ID cards would make Britain’s borders more secure, he said.

“I want to see ID cards made compulsory for all non-EU foreign nationals looking for work and when they get a National Insurance number,” he said.

www.tribuneindia.com...

Edn

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
True but theres plenty of ways to life and work outside of government control, heck I could probably make more money that way.

My only other options is for Scotland to become independent and reject the ID scheme or leave the country before 2015 when my passport expires because it doesn't seam like theres going to be anything to stop England introducing the ID system.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I thought it was gonna be a chip?
Now it's an ID Card?
What will they think of next?

Edn

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The ID card is the chip the only problem with it is it isn't permanently attached to you which is why some want an implanted chip. The chip its self isn't nessisaraly the problem, its the database that will end up recording your entire life.

I just watched this short film, its shows really well how the ID system simply cant stop crime or terrorism.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This could be a good idea, but I am not buying this. This can definitely lead to violation of certain rights. There should be a much better way of doing this.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me what this does to restrict any freedom? It sounds like the people in this video are just like so many of the half-educated conspiracy theorists who run with any and all ideas they have without validation.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Please the people in that vid are insane !!!!!!!!! .............. these guys are paranoied and need to be shot in the face

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm with RWPBR on his statement about it granting a nationwide CCW. However I need to work and survive so I will get an ID when they change, however its not burnt into my skin or embedded in my arse so its just as easy to leave it behind one day. Considering all the times that ID is necessary living in any kind of urban or suburban setting will be neigh on impossible without one, since a cop can stop and hassle you about it every city block between your point of origin and destination.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
Please the people in that vid are insane !!!!!!!!! .............. these guys are paranoied and need to be shot in the face

You sound exactly like how the government wants us all to sound...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Less stupid, more answers and discussion.

Please.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Do we have any links to any government documentation saying the US government will make this mandatory or you cannot work or buy goods? OR is this just a better version of the passport? Or is this just for Foreign workers in our country?
Please Provide links on this if you can Thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Is there anybody here that is going to accept this I.D. card? if so why? if not why? i am preparing myself and my son who is 10 years old for the life without this card. no buying or selling without it. its a scary thing to think about but i really dont think i can take this card and live with myself knowing the things i know about our planet and the way things are heading. having said that i just want to hear what your thoughts are on this after you see this video.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Funkydung]

There's a program called "2057" running all this week on The Discovery Channel or National Geographic and it starts at 8pm Eastern time. It's explaining the technology coming out and currently available. You're not going to have a choice nor is your child unless you or he plan on becoming expatriates. The world is changing, currently you're a social security number, like a walking barcode. Wait until you see what they have in The beginning stages have been planned and are starting to be introduced. Anything that makes man more dependent on technology is a form of control.

Good for you if you want to be an "outcast," I applaud you. However, it will not be as easy as you think not to accept. You will be forced into accepting because it will be a necessity and businesses will operate as so. I don't even own a credit card now and happy about it. All I am is a social security number with multiple addresses and I prefer it that way. The less info. known about you the better. i'm sure you own a home, mortgage, have dental, health insurance, car insurance? Sorry, but you will be accepting that ID card!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Is there anybody here that is going to accept this I.D. card? if not why?

No...Way.

The so-called National ID Card is a violation of our Constitutionally-granted Liberty. Mandating its use is an effort to control the actions of American citizens, which circumvents our Liberty. No, the National ID Card is not as inoffensive as a state-issued drivers license. A drivers license is only a document certifying that you have earned the privilege to operate a machine. The National ID Card will be used to track your movements and influence your actions through intimidation.

Liberty means a lot more than mere freedom. Liberty is the right to make our own decisions — and the exercise of Liberty can lead to freedom or imprisonment, depending on the wisdom of our choices.

But, see, we have to be able to make bad choices, wrong choices. Sometimes we choose to take a wrong step, and that is our right under the Constitution. It is our right to rebel against our own government, if we choose to do so. The folks who wrote and ratified the Constitution wouldn't have it any other way.

But implementing the National ID Card is about giving a relative handful of authority figures the power to monitor our whereabouts, our actions, and thereby intimidate us into "walking the straight & narrow," as it were. It spells the end of American Liberty.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Doc Velocity]

Violaton of Constitutional Right! That's idealistic... don't you remember when they almost re-introduced "the Draft" in the beginning of the Iraq War? Could you believe peoples responses? Friend, the masses lost their power to influence government and preach their "rights." The masses are not united and will take something truly devastating and horrific on our own soil which will affect all of different status and backgrounds for this country to come together and take back power. As it stands now, our rights have and will continue to be violated as humans are becoming more dependent on technology, flooded with entertainment and the increasing costs of life.

I'm playing devils advocate to you, but it's true. The Constitution is outdated and a new order is coming. There will be those who conform and those who don't, like me, will take our chances but you better be financially capable and consequentially prepared.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So WHAT exactly will this do to hinder our freedoms?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join