It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and the Stargate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
What do you mean about "Zero POint" i gather you mean the time between the change

What chaos is this you talk about and how long will it last. If it is "Zero" does that mean it will be over before we can comprehend the chaos

Saint here is some excellent info on Zero point by Gregg Braden.

www.greggbraden.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've never heard anything about 2012, personally, and talk of this reminds me of all the talk coming up to the year 2000, or the other various years set aside to be known as the year in which the apocalypse will come. As much as I would love to see all of this crashing down around us all so we can get to work on making it better and resetting the priorities of our civilization, I just don't think that's the case. I don't believe in Judgement Day, I don't believe in Nostradamus, and I don't believe in 2012.

To the believers out there, I couldn't help but read that 1/3 of the population will be eliminated during this enlightenment, that we will essentially be unified under our newfound spirituality. Perhaps instead of the USA trying to use the "Stargate" to destroy those who might help us, perhaps they're interested in using the Stargate to usher in the New World Order? I could find a lot of correlations between 2012 and the NWO more than I could find correlations between 2012 and anything supernatural or extraterrestrial.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You need to do your research first before rendering any type of conclusion on 2012.

How can you even have an opinion when you first statement is" I've never heard anything about 2012"? It is nothing close to the end or Judgement day. lol!

You need to do some digging first, then make some educated comments.

Respectfully,

RT

P.S. Welcome to ATS glad to have you on board.

Originally posted by Something Dyp
I've never heard anything about 2012, personally, and talk of this reminds me of all the talk coming up to the year 2000, or the other various years set aside to be known as the year in which the apocalypse will come. As much as I would love to see all of this crashing down around us all so we can get to work on making it better and resetting the priorities of our civilization, I just don't think that's the case. I don't believe in Judgement Day, I don't believe in Nostradamus, and I don't believe in 2012.

To the believers out there, I couldn't help but read that 1/3 of the population will be eliminated during this enlightenment, that we will essentially be unified under our newfound spirituality. Perhaps instead of the USA trying to use the "Stargate" to destroy those who might help us, perhaps they're interested in using the Stargate to usher in the New World Order? I could find a lot of correlations between 2012 and the NWO more than I could find correlations between 2012 and anything supernatural or extraterrestrial.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
You need to do your research first before rendering any type of conclusion on 2012.

-i disagree.

How can you even have an opinion when you first statement is" I've never heard anything about 2012"? It is nothing close to the end or Judgement day. lol! You need to do some digging first, then make some educated comments.

After reading through the prior comments, I decided it might be beneficial to the conversation to offer an unconventional opinion (as far as this forum goes) regarding my belief in the idea with respect to the reputation of the various doomsday predictions throughout history. i've done my digging, thanks, and i've made my educated comments from both sides of the fence.

P.S. Welcome to ATS glad to have you on board.

been browsing for about two years now, finally felt ready to jump into the fray. Thanks for welcomming!

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Something Dyp]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I did a search for 2012 on google and got a little over 93 million hits... lol

I think 2012 is a year that is going to bring great change... Either the world will be in a mess shortly before or after in my opinion, but the beauty of it is we don't really have to wait too long to see if this is all just a pipe-dream.

But in the general term of things "changing" or people feeling the quickening, I am in tune with that and have noticed many other people feeling a change and becoming more open minded to their own spirituality, pretty cool really....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Okay so regarding 2012, I am wondering if you (anyone who has established that this will be year of unbelievable events/changes) do you believe it will be January 2012, summertime, winter or is it impossible to be specific about this?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think 2012 will be the ultimatum of the change. I think the changes are occuring now and will become more obvious and noticable over the next 5 years.

I also think in this 5 years we are going to witness this planet going to the brink of destruction whether it be enviromental or political reasons.

We are in the changing period now and 2012 is the beginning of the period of new. Hopefully a peaceful and more enlightened society. I really do hope so as the way we are going humanity is being driven into oblivion

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
Okay so regarding 2012, I am wondering if you (anyone who has established that this will be year of unbelievable events/changes) do you believe it will be January 2012, summertime, winter or is it impossible to be specific about this?

The 2012 date reffers to the mayan calander, which stops at december 21st, 2012.

so i guess thats as close to a date as you can get.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sounds like it would actually make a good movie/series, Stargate:Iraq. Maybe they could make Saddam a Gould, of course Ahmadinejad would have to be one aswell, maybe even Kim Jong Il. That could be why George W described them as an "Axis of Evil".

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
instead of dates which have been changing for hundred of years, the U.S is thinking of changing daylight savings, by 2012 the date will be deferent from now, if we use orbital predictions such as major changes to the solar system or a fluctuation of light then i would tend to agree.
our ancestor used the stars the sun and the moon for every day life but we use a calendar on our walls.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Most of the 2012 theories I've heard end up being between December 20th and the 22nd with a few ending up here and there.

I think there will be alot of activity during that period, maybe even just before.. Not really sure and I think anyone would have a hard time pining down what's going to occur at what time.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
2012 in my belief is an ultimatum to mankind...If we don't get things right by then we are ultimately destroyed as time will be restarted again....Aka no more technology progressing because we get sent back to the stone age. Also, possible pole shift, mass landing of ufos, etc, but we can't prove that till it happens right

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sadly no.

If anything is going to happen i dont think we will even get a hint of it until it happens. This could possibly be a long waiting game and it would be nice if something does happen but in another way it would also be nice if life carried on as normal

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I believe there is a reason this government is so fixated on the middle east and not just Iraq. It's certainly not about WMD's, oil
or "liberation". First it was Afghanistan next it's going to be Iran.
You could be right about an extremely valuable, sacred object being located in that part of the world. Adolf Hitler was also obsessed with locating sacred artifacts he believed possessed incredible power. I feel and have felt since I was a child that I would witness an event that will change the world and I agree the next several years we will see that transpire. I personally am looking forward to it.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
ok guys I'm not saying that the stargate conspiracy is wrong, but look at this

patentlaw.typepad.com...

look familiar? Its an experimental warp engine. perhaps the sumarians didnt have a stargare, they had a warp drive

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
"2012? Yup, the food is finally ready to be harvest, lets go collect them...."

Maybe the aliens are not what they seem, best to study their words very closely, they may not have friendly intentions.

Caution is adviced, I do hope that they are benevolent and are not out to take advantage of us.

I think a good question to ask is.... "If you were the Gods that the ancient people worshipped, why did you need or allow them to sacifice so much life to you?" "Reverence?" hmmmm.... questionable.....

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfTom
A STARGATE????

just to let you know, stargate sg1 is a television show on the sci-fi network. you have been watching a little to much of it.

what a joke!!! blah, blah, blah.

A stargate....

[edited out needless and childish insults -nygdan]

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Nygdan]

Ok I really understand your reaction. But there's more to it then that. and yes I too have trouble believing the real stargate is a travel device/wormhole/sci fi series type thing... it might be. (with the developments in quantum mechanics this actually is not THAT far fetched except for the power demands.. but then quantum also provides us with a theoretical power supply to power our theoretical gate... sadly? this is also used to explain the power supply in the series)

First of I think the stargate might be more spiritual then physical in nature (there's also a real stargate... cept that it's a tablet not a gate to walk through and it focuses on the spiritual)

But back to what i wanted to say.

About the stargate.. there's more to the the story that became the Stargate movie and subsequent unrelated sg1 and atlantis spinoffs by mgm.

First of devlin. the one who wrote the movie got this story from an egyptology student 10 years earlier.
It's a fictional story but... based on this student's research.

After the movie hit, emmerich and devlin were actually sued by this student and after backing from an Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University who also had his theories used in the story it got settled out of court.

Sadly I have not been able to find out either the student's name or the name of the egyptologist from johns hopkins.

I vaguely remember the names in news back then about the lawsuit. But haven't been able to retrace them on the net.. and archives.org didn't really help.. seems you need urls to use it and can't search it like searching recent internet with google.

if anyone still knows the names i'd love to have them. maybe find out what this research the story sprung from actually is.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
[edit] sorry double post... NoScript extention's fault! I swear !

[edit on 26-3-2007 by David2012]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David2012

This may be a random question, but i just have a strange feeling.. are you David Icke?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Originally posted by David2012

This may be a random question, but i just have a strange feeling.. are you David Icke?

Sorry no I'm not

I'm just a 25 year old who's had this nagging feeling ever since i was little that something's.... not right and am trying to find out what it is

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join