It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and the Stargate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
if you have nothing construtive to add to the thread then please do not,

If you do not agree with the thread at hand then please debate it in a proper manner,

Thanks
Asala

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry maybe I should have explained it a little better. Some 2012 researchers believed all the ancient buildings were built on the "ley lines" because they possess more concentration of the worlds energy. For example Stonehenge, pyramids, etc.

Here are a few links
www.nasca.org.uk...

Map
www.quantumreach.co.uk...

Here is how it would look on the earth:
www.crystalinks.com...

I'll try to find better maps then those.

Where I'm getting this is maybe we have to be in those lines to get to the next mental level.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by leafer]

[edit on 31-1-2007 by leafer]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Interesting post!

My spiritual side says something will definatly happen on 2012, and more along the side of what your saying, rather than the appoclypse.

but my logical side says we should still stay focused on our planet here and now, and try to make it as much of a paradise as possible.

in any case, it should be one hell of a show!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ah leafer now i get what you mean.

Its good thinking and its something else to look into i think

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Interesting post!

My spiritual side says something will definatly happen on 2012, and more along the side of what your saying, rather than the appoclypse.

but my logical side says we should still stay focused on our planet here and now, and try to make it as much of a paradise as possible.

in any case, it should be one hell of a show!

Most definitely as i said the next 5 years will be a testing ground and we have to concentrate on the well being of this planet and its inhabitants without question.

This thing is still quite small within the public knowledge but over the next 24 months i can imagine it becoming known by almost everyone with the same panic as the millenium

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Do you really think this is constructive or appropriate? Are you trying to stir up trouble so they shut the thread down? What is your angle?

Originally posted by ProfTom
A STARGATE????

just to let you know, stargate sg1 is a television show on the sci-fi network. you have been watching a little to much of it.

what a joke!!! blah, blah, blah.

A stargate....

get a life.

go out and get some pussy. you will see things a little differently then.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My angle?

A stargate....I can't take it anymore...This is the funniest crap I've heard of in years....

A Stargate....that's why we are fighting in Iraq...to protect some stargate?

What a bunch of crap....

This may be the biggest pile of # on the whole planet...

IT'S A TELEVISION SHOW. THAT'S ALL.

FANTASY.

SCI-FI CHANNEL.

YOU CAN ALSO WATCH STARGATE ATLANTIS...

WHAT A JOKE.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Haha, This is great.

Can anyone explain in english what this thread is about please?

At the moment I see Psuedo religous sci-fi nonsense.

Enlighten me please. I want to believe, but what the hell are you talking about?

Edit:

I was going to write something sarcastic about my "the end of the world is nigh" sign needing a new coat of paint but i will ask a question instead:

If we are to be taken to the brink of destruction in 2012 (quite plausible right now) exactly what is going to pull us back from the edge?

[edit on 31-1-2007 by myowncrusade]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
thesaint... can you give me a link to literature or something regarding stargates in general. and NO i'm not speaking of the television show as I am sure you are not. I have never watched the show, and never intend to...I'm just wondering what a stargate is... and if it is an actual concrete item.. or something more abstract. thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This thread is about one person's idea of what will happen in 2012. I haven't seen anything that is psuedo religious about the thread. Care to elaborate? As far as sci-fi, need I remind people that 500 years ago, sailing around the world was sci-fi. 100 years ago, going to the moon was sci-fi and 50 years ago, the internet was sci-fi. It seems that mankind is always learning new things that were once thought impossible. In recent years, we have been learning that our ancestors weren't as primitive as we thought. I think that the major problem with the world is that the majority of society has been conditioned for so long on what is acceptable and what isn't that individuals are scared to think out of the box or just don't know how. If the Maya, a very astrologically advanced society as far as stargazers go, predicted that something will happen in the year 2012, don't forget about their highly accurate calandar, I am inclined to give their beliefs some credence. Maybe there is such a thing as a stargate. Not in the sense of a large circle that instantly teleports beings across the universe but maybe a craft or a object that enables spiritual transcendence. Or maybe, just maybe, a doorway that DOES teleport across the universe. Who can say? Our ancestors who built great cities and then abandoned them for what?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OK.

Watch the video, if you cant see religion in there then I don't think I could point it out for you as it is largely inffered.

A stargate as I know it is a work of fiction based on a scientific theory. Ergo "science fiction".

They are merely theories, but if one turns up in Iraq I will happily go there and eat it, along with my hat.

**I don't actually own a hat, so would have to buy one. Could I borrow yours?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hey, ProfTom...
If you have nothing valid to add to this thread but derision and namecalling, maybe a forum like youtube would be more your cup of tea. You are wasting your time posting, and our time reading this drivel. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The Maya calendar doesn't predict anything. All 2012 represents is the end of the "long count" of the Maya calendar, which will then revert back to zero. It does not end. The Mayan calendar is cyclical not linear. Neither the Maya people nor their calendar make any of these grand predictions or talk about the end of the world. Bored, fantasy prone people made all this fiction up in the last few years because they do not have the ability to understand the concepts behind the calendar.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfTom
My angle?

A stargate....I can't take it anymore...This is the funniest crap I've heard of in years....

A Stargate....that's why we are fighting in Iraq...to protect some stargate?

What a bunch of crap....

This may be the biggest pile of # on the whole planet...

IT'S A TELEVISION SHOW. THAT'S ALL.

FANTASY.

SCI-FI CHANNEL.

YOU CAN ALSO WATCH STARGATE ATLANTIS...

WHAT A JOKE.

Your life is a fantasy Tom. If you had control of your journey you would atleast be aware that your attitude is unjust & spiritually counter-productive.

What is really unfortunate is that you're lost and need to be found. You are missing something that has been hidden right under your nose, although your desire for your ego has prevented you from awakening or recognizing.

Emerson says, "my words will itch in your ears until you're ready to hear them." Something tells me he was talking about people like you here.

BTW, my opinion on you has nothing to do with stargates or why we're in iraq. It is simply based on your integrity, which seems to be eroding from within. I wih you the best. Good luck.

AAC

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I thought you meant psuedo religion in the post. Should have clarified that. As for science fiction, I don't believe in that term anymore. Too many things have been done that were once thought impossible in the past which leads me to believe that just about anything can be done. I hate that we have to catergorize everything now and put it in nice little neat boxes for the masses. Science is for things that can be proven, psuedoscience or science fiction for things that can't until they are. Then they are moved to the realm of science. Lets not forget the things that we aren't told until the politicians and so-called leaders feel the public is ready. Ancient knowledge that is supressed, lost or buried altogether. The few behind the curtain putting on a show for the masses. Oh well. And if one does show up in Iraq, I doubt the public will ever have an inkling but I will gladly share half my hat with another ATSer, kick back passing the Grey Poupon and laugh about how we were discussing that very day.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hahaha,

Great reply infrared

I'm looking forward to it. It's not a porkpie hat is it?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There are quite a few people that believe stargates are real, here's a few links to sites that go over it and some sites to threads here on ATS:

www.think-aboutit.com...

home.earthlink.net...

www.americanchronicle.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep in mind there's no solid proof, but since some claimed they had never heard such stories, I figured I'd post a few.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Stargate

A good thread on the stargate theory. That is if you take the time to read it.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Your excited feeling is quite normal i and no doubt many others feel the same. I have known about "Something" since was little and now i believe it to be 2012 and that i must educate as many as possible before 2012.

Im so relieved for my children and for other future generations that they may live a peaceful and wonderful life

Indeed. Before I found this site I always had the feeling that something "more" was out there that my consciousness was missing, like something was just waiting to be unlocked. At first I thought it was abilities such as telekinesis. I tried for a while to develope such abilities but made no progress, and couldn't find any solid proof that they even existed for that matter. Eventually I became discouraged and started to feel that the missing element was something larger and more meaningful. Then I found this wonderful site, as well as the theories on 2012. The ones regarding a shift to higher consciousness just clicked and I thought to myself "that must be it!"

I am certainly looking forward to that time.

[edit on 1/31/2007 by somedude]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hi All

thesaint, thank you for starting a post on this. It always makes me smile when I find someone who is on a similar learning-seeking-journey that I am. I sort of "woke-up" in'96 and have been seeking since that time. The subject of my seeking seems to change as I learn and grow, but one thing remains constant, and that is a new truth is always discovered.

Of course those new truth's always lead me on another journey of seeking, but I am always excited and joyful when it does. (Of course there have been some hard truths along the way, especially when you discover unpleasant things about yourself, but even in that I am grateful for having learned something. It seems it is always the truth about ones self that is often overlooked or ignored) One of the greatest things that I have discovered is that the Truth is relative to each persons reality. So what may be an essential truth to me, may be a false truth to someone else.

This has been a hard lesson for me because I get so excited about discovering something, and I want to share it with everyone in the belief that it will make them as happy as I was when I discovered it. Of course I got a few wake-up calls that made me wonder why some people were so resistant to something I believed was so obvious. A few lessons later, and I realized that we discover information or go through situations when we are ready for them. Yet even though someone else may go through something similar, we will both get something different out of it, reflective of our own reality.

Like you, I have always believed that I am here for a reason. I have felt this way since I was about six. Around '99 I became quite anxious, like I wasn’t learning fast enough, or that I wasn’t seeking enough, or paying enought attention to things happening around me. I was frustrated because I wasn’t sure how to "fix" that. Patience turned out to be anther one of my lessons, as in 2000, tons of information seemed to appear all at once. At one point I was overwhelmed by it all, wishing I had a stop-time device because it seemed as if I would never have the time to investigate everthing I found.

One of the most exciting things that I learned about was the Mayan calander and information about 2012. I immediately connected with the date, and this will sound strange, but it felt familiar to me. Kind of like a catalyst to send me off on other adventures of learning. At first I was filled with fear, as I thought about destruction as a theme for 2012.

Then I realized that yet another lesson had appeared for me, and it was how deceptive and destructive Fear is. I have been trying to recognize and remove all of my fears since that time. I have been pretty successful, but I know I still have more to ferret out and overcome. One of the fears that I did manage to conquer was the doomsday one.

That was a happy moment for me!
Afterwards another plethora of information appeared for me to investigate. So now I am at a point where I am excited about the things to come, although I know that not everything will be good. 2012 for me is like the day a door will be finally revealed and ready to be opened for those who seek it, stumble into it, are guided through it, or any other "event" that leads a person to that moment.

I apologize for being so long winded here. I guess that is my excitement getting the better of me. 2012 is still an open book for me, but I think that your theory has some merit. I think that Iran and Syria have also have a few historical secrets that some people may wish to acquire. (just my hunch).

For people who are interested, I will list a few sites that I have perused in the past that have helped me on my journey. I took from each site the info that seemed to resonate with me, and left the info that didn’t. I hope that someone will find something, somewhere, on these sites that will send them on their own learning adventure!

1. Crystalinks-- A great site with lots of info. Her alphabetical listing has a wide array of subjects.
  2. World Mysteries-- Check out the popular Authors section
  3. About Dot Com-- Interesting article on Saddams belief he was the reincarnation of Nebuchadnezzar
  4. All About 2012-- A good list of information about 2012
  5. Ancient X-- A cool site with lost of info about Zecharia Sitchin and also has a large collection of photographs of Sumerian artifacts.
  6. Thothweb-- a cool site with lots of great articles
  7. Book-of-Thoth-- another cool site with a cool group of "forum" people.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join