Suspicious Packages being found in Boston(Updated)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here is a really good article on the subject by wellwhatnow.

The Cartoon Network Massacre

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The first time I saw this picture I said to myself, “There are the 47 eight by ten color glossy photos with the circles and the arrows and the paragraphs on the back of each one.” (Arlo Guthrie, The Alice’s Restaurant Massacre)

Freakin' classic. The perfect analogy.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Those disrespectful idiots should be charged. I'd love to see them convicted.

Morons.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Charged with what exactly?

And great to see your location:
"Land of the free, home of the permit" indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Landis

Morons.

Are you referring to the Officers (who let obscene glowing-signs in important places, like bridge supports, go unchecked for 2 weeks), the national media (who used fear-mongering to run with the story, overshadowing "real news"), or the men who constructed & posted the signs?

[edit on 2/2/07 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ha ha, I hope this thread goes forever. It is such a clear demonstration of how completely paranoid and jumpy some people are.

Plus, this TV show is like the best show ever. It's not like Burns and Allen or the Great Gildersneeze, because there's pictures, but ya'll will enjoy the movie anyway. Just think of Master Shake as WC fields and meatwad as George Burns and the humor will translate fine.

It's more important to prop up the terror-fear in America than to use common sense. Remember, a scared America is a safe America!

[edit on 2-2-2007 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't have had a problem with the whole thing if those two idiots hadn't been such jerks in front of the press. They don't give a damn about all the money and manpower that was wasted because of their stupidity.

I see that Turner is going to cover the costs, but that doesn't address the redistribution of manpower that left areas of the city uncovered. Hopefully, no one was injured, etc., while the police and EMS were redeployed for this asinine maneuver.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

while the police and EMS were redeployed for this asinine maneuver.

Turner will make tons of money. They will even buy the Celtics a decent free agent with how much dough the ATHF franchise will make now.

Nobody is hurt here. Can you not see the very irony of a people who are paralyzed by fear of terrorism yet simultenously complain about being mobilized for a false alarm? False alarms are what keep you sharp, so if you fear terror so much it should be a pleasure to get off the couch and go respond to something.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Seriously though, this is the story that tells the real "state of the union." We're so afraid of terrorist this, terrorist that, that we've actually stopped thinking like normal, logical people and more like the crazed, delusional schizophrenic that everyone always pokes fun of. I understand that we should be concerned about another terrorist attack, but to live in constant fear of it just proves the terrorists right. This is exactly what they want, to instill fear in us. Why do you think they rammed two planes into the WTC buildings? To kill people? Sure they wanted that, but that's a byproduct of what they really wanted. They wanted us to be so affected by it that we live in a total state of fear. We try to deny it but this story just seems to prove ourselves wrong.

If those were the terrorists' goals then I'm afraid they've already won. Its a sad truth, but the truth nontheless and we shouldnt deny it any longer. It's not a permanent victory for them however. If we can somehow overcome our constant fear and our constant state of denial, then maybe we can start functioning like we did before 9/11. Before our logic was perverted. When we were innocent.

These two men should not be prosecuted for what they did. They acted legally under the Constitution of the United States of America. Anybody who objects this should go read the First Ammendment to the fullest. There is no crime here. The only crime is that we're still talking about it as if it were one.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And they will be found innocent.

Since they did not intend to plant bombs, or devices that were meant to be construed as bombs, they will get just what they deserve. And, basically, what anyone who does something like this desrves, publicity.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
jsobecky

Go ahead, WyrdeOne, tell him what you said. I have it captured in Notepad, in case any Admin wants to know what it was.

See, this is the problem - you have no appreciation for irony.

You spent the last two pages admonishing people for their childish behavior, and look at you now!

I just checked, and found out the censors can no longer be turned off. It's news to me!

This proves nothing other than the fact that you weren't up to date on the RnR's. You'll still nail some member for the same behavior.

And just who the hell are you (notice I didn't need the help of censors) to say what the correct response is to a situation? Huh? C'mon, give us your credentials.

I'm a person with a fully-functional brain.

I'm a person with the capability to accurately determine the threat posed by a bit of plastic.

That's all fine. But what are your credentials to judge the situation?

I'm also a MA taxpayer with an opinion on public spending.

Well, that explains a lot. I'm surprised that you haven't followed the mass exodus of educated people out of Mass.

But if/when you do, please go west or south. We're struggling enough with the Massholes that have moved to NH.

Uh-huh. So now, the people who are responsible for protecting us are required to be up to date on every pre-pubescent cartoon that comes along.

Knowledge of the cartoon is not a pre-requisite for dealing with this situation intelligently. I have never seen the stupid thing.

No, but knowledge of explosive and incendiary devices is. Tell us, how can you differentiate between an innocent device and a harmful one?

Before you answer, remember that theUnabomber
hid his devices in a log.

And also remember the infamous en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Shoe Bomber .

I didn't pay for anything. Maybe it was serendipity, but I caught your words before the censors took over. They are in a file that I have. And as I mentioned earlier, I would be happy to share them with any Admin or higher level that cares about it.

I wish you could hear my laughter...

I really, really wish you could hear my scornful, gut-busting guffaws.

Try the complaint feature if you want to continue this little McCarthy fantasy.

It's not a McCarthy move, WO. It deals with double standards. If I ever see you admonishing a member about profanity, I will bring this up.

You made your bed...

My final words on this. You approach this as a Monday morning quarterback. You do not acknowledge the harm done.

Haven't you been paying attention? I agree there was harm done, I just disagree (vehemently) about where the blame belongs.

That's absolutely correct. I blame TBS, Interferon, and the two stoners that did this. You want to blame Boston. We'll always disagree over that.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Morons.

Are you referring to the Officers (who let obscene glowing-signs in important places, like bridge supports, go unchecked for 2 weeks), the national media (who used fear-mongering to run with the story, overshadowing "real news"), or the men who constructed & posted the signs?

[edit on 2/2/07 by redmage]

I want to know how you know that these devices were in place and functioning for two weeks.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And they will be found innocent.

Since they did not intend to plant bombs, or devices that were meant to be construed as bombs, they will get just what they deserve. And, basically, what anyone who does something like this desrves, publicity.

There is information that they talked to Interferon as early as 1PM on the day this happened. The ad agency told them to hush up.

They could have spared the city much cost and anxiety if they had notified the authorities earlier. They did not. That is a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
For those of you unfamiliar with Boston, it has a very large component of Irish and Italian descent. Back when the IRA was active, there were many sympathizers of their cause in Boston. Boston was a major source of funding for their efforts.

There was an incident where a dozen or so devices were planted around Boston. Only one of them was dangerous was the message called in, but who knew which one it was?

Bostonians have very long memories. For anyone to say the city overreacted is a very naive look at history, or of current events.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
jsobecky

This proves nothing other than the fact that you weren't up to date on the RnR's. You'll still nail some member for the same behavior.

Is that a fact, or just another one of your infamous opinions?

Ughh, I just told you.

Well, that explains a lot. I'm surprised that you haven't followed the mass exodus of educated people out of Mass.

Eh, there're worse places to live.

But if/when you do, please go west or south. We're struggling enough with the Massholes that have moved to NH.

That's nice.

No, but knowledge of explosive and incendiary devices is. Tell us, how can you differentiate between an innocent device and a harmful one?

Well, from a distance, you can't. Point being, anything could be a bomb, if you're a paranoid person prone to freaking out.

Your telephone could have a bomb concealed in the handset, does that mean you call the bomb squad to blow it up for you?

So we should wage war on everything that could be hollowed out and used to serve as a bomb casing?

Or should we use some common sense when figuring out what to blow up and what to ignore?

And also remember the infamous Shoe Bomber .

Oh, you're talking about the patsie who would have succeeded if his handlers had not been so clever and equipped him with matches instead of a hand-held torch? Yeah, I remember him.

So you're afraid of shoes as well?

It's not a McCarthy move, WO. It deals with double standards. If I ever see you admonishing a member about profanity, I will bring this up.

You made your bed...

And now I'll relax in it, thank you.

That's absolutely correct. I blame TBS, Interferon, and the two stoners that did this. You want to blame Boston. We'll always disagree over that.

What's the human immune system (interferon) got to do with it? Why are you blaming proteins produced by the immune system?

That aside, we can agree to disagree.

BTW, I changed my avatar in honor of this 'debate' we've been having. Feel the love...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
jsobecky

Is that a fact, or just another one of your infamous opinions?

Fact: You were not up to speed on the RnR's.
Opinion: Pretty safe bet that you'll do what I predicted.

Ughh, I just told you.

Nothing you said qualifies you to judge a situation. It's easy for you to sit back and mock the Boston PD. But you cannot back it up with any expertise, is what I'm saying.

Well, from a distance, you can't. Point being, anything could be a bomb, if you're a paranoid person prone to freaking out.

Or, if you are a professional with the duty to protect the public.

So we should wage war on everything that could be hollowed out and used to serve as a bomb casing?

Or should we use some common sense when figuring out what to blow up and what to ignore?

Before the Unabomber did that, we didn't have to. He set a precedent that we must now acknowledge.

And also remember the infamous Shoe Bomber .

Oh, you're talking about the patsie who would have succeeded if his handlers had not been so clever and equipped him with matches instead of a hand-held torch? Yeah, I remember him.

So you're afraid of shoes as well?

Once again, your youth shines through. Because of Richard Reid, now there are security measures in place at airports.

You would blame the airports. Reid would love that, because he could succeed the next time around if you were in charge.

What's the human immune system (interferon) got to do with it? Why are you blaming proteins produced by the immune system?

That aside, we can agree to disagree.

BTW, I changed my avatar in honor of this 'debate' we've been having. Feel the love...

You're obviously not up to date with the situation. I may have mis-spelled the name of the ad agency that TBS hired, that eventually hired these two stoners for $300 (which that haven't yet been paid, btw), but I know what the deal is. You don't.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wait, becky, are you saying that it's because of the unabomber that you are afraid of any log you pass? Do you believe that every log should be treated as a possable bomb? And if you see someone wearing shoes you steer clear of them, on the off chance they may be a shoe bomber?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Raso, don't you see?

I think any object that doesn't look like a bomb should be banned from ever being displayed anywhere. The terrorists will use a new tactic now, fooling us by disguising their bombs as everyday items like a $200 pair of air Jordans, light-brights, and even trees! Heck, they may even turn around and disguise their bombs as a bomb, and fool us into thinking it's not a bomb!

Of course, I'm being sarcastic.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Wait, becky, are you saying that it's because of the unabomber that you are afraid of any log you pass? Do you believe that every log should be treated as a possable bomb? And if you see someone wearing shoes you steer clear of them, on the off chance they may be a shoe bomber?

The name is not becky, although I do have a niece by that name.

I'm not quite sure what you want to know.

There has been a lot of ridicule of the Boston PD and other responders for treating these devices seriously. I have asked everyone to tell me how they would determine what is an innocent device as opposed to a harmful one.

The responses have been "Well, man, you gotta be cool, and not freak out and get so paranoid". Typical stone slacker response.

Not a scintilla of professional expertise has been expressed here.

History has shown us what the Unabomber and the Shoe Bomber were able to do.

And then, you ask me a childish question like, "Are you afraid of shoes?"

And I'm supposed to take you seriously?

new topics
top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join