It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Cancer Cure Found: $2 a Dose!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Thank you for that.

I only understood your last sentance, but that was enough. lol.

Oh well, I gave it a try! ^^

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
MONEY,MONEY,MONEY! I am so sick of these drug companies. I lost both my parents before I was 22 to all there slash, burn & dope cures for cancer.If I had known then what I know now about alternative therapies... maybe I would have had more time with them.This is so disgusting.The fact that I live in Canada does not make it any better.This will probably, unfortunately never be used to help cancer patients, as we all know that cancer is not a disease it is a business.

The mass media never mentioned this new cure.

All they do is free advertising for big pharma's wonder drug of the week that does not work......

try this which i have researched for 4 weeks non-stop.It seems to be genuine
according to various blogs,forums all over the internet and other numerous postings at curezone.com by individuals who have used it.

It is called MMS.

You can download the free book and read it a few times.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well we are more than a year later, and nothing seems to have happened with this story. Is there any update, anything that someone has heard about this? Things like this really do make me cynical. A cure for cancer will only be released when huge profits are guaranteed.
clinicaltrials.gov...

No further updates since 2005. They say the investigation is ongoing but that not recruiting participants.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I not so sure about these remedies, many can make a claim of being about to cure cancer with a given substance, but seems that real cancer survivors are witnessing a miracle.

I have heard that the doctors in Germany have the most effective treatment on the planet. My dad suffers for cancer and fixing to head to Germany. I truly hope they can do something for him. At least he is keeping his faith and doing what he can.

Thanks for the post, I will pass along this information to him. The thing with cancer is.. you have very little to lose by trying new things and testing alternate treatments. A human guinea pig by choice.

Regards,

-map

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Who is he seeing? My cousin went to Germany as well but she died far too young in August. The Dr she was seeing did things with stemcell research. After seeing him, she determined that the guy was possibly a fraud.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

That is probably the case here.. but really he doesn't have much to lose. I think its 4.5 weeks of treatment. I will try to find out the name of the doc he is seeing there. I had ordered this book German Cancer Treatment Breakthrough but I told him this might be a scam... but he is not willing to take anymore of the conventional chemo treatments. The cancer is in his lymph nodes and bones now, so his chance of being cured are slim at best. It probably gonna cost him 50k or more to get this treatment.. I just hate to see that money go to scammers.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

THe University of Alberta had published work on this in '07. There were no corporate sponsers willing to invest in human trials/
They worked up private donations and began a small human trial in the fall. The last letter published by the research team was Sept.24, 2007.
They said they would update the trial progress later in the year, but never published another word about it. here's the letter content.

September 24, 2007
Dear Friends,
Thank you for your continuing support and your patience. We have been working very hard to fulfill
our commitments and promises in this challenging project.
Before a drug like DCA is considered safe and effective, many more trials, involving several centers
around the world need to be completed and the results need to be scrutinized. Therefore it may take years and
many millions of dollars before efficacy of DCA is established. We also need to emphasize that even with the
support of pharmaceutical companies, it usually takes 3 years from the time that a drug is shown to be
promising in animals to the point that it is first tried on a human being.
Lastly, we would like to let you know that before a trial can be initiated, it first has to obtain approval
for the institutional human ethics committees; these committees include physicians, scientists and community
representatives that make sure that the clinical trial will respect and protect the enrolled patients according to
international standards. Thereafter, the study has to be approved by Health Canada, an agency of the Federal
Government, that also applies very strict criteria in order to ensure that patients are protected, that there is
scientific rationale for the conduction of the trial and that the physicians and hospitals involved are well-trained
and equipped to conduct such a trial. These applications are quite complex and require the work of many team
members.
We are very proud of the progress that we have made over the last few months, without the support
from the pharmaceutical industry, and would like to share the following developments with you:
1. Our fundraising continues to expand and we are proud to announce that we have now raised more than
$800,000. We have set a target of $1.5 million to complete a set of 2 pilot trials. At this point we are
comfortable that we can complete at least one trial, as we continue our fundraising efforts.
2. We have also developed 2 clinical trial protocols using DCA in patients with cancer as a starting point.
2.1. The first clinical trial is a “phase I” trial; this means that the doctors try to slowly increase the dose of the
drug in patients with a variety of cancers, in order to first identify the maximal dose tolerated, i.e. the dose that
can be hopefully effective without any significant adverse effects. These “phase I” trials are slow to conduct
and involve a relatively small number of patients, but their significance for subsequent work is very important.
This trial will be conducted mostly at the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton. We have already secured the
approval from the human ethics committees from the Cross Cancer Institute and the University of Alberta
Hospitals. We have applied to Health Canada and we are waiting for the results. After we receive the response
from Health Canada, we will let you know of the relevant details and the key team members that will be
conducting the trial.
2.2. The second trial is a “phase II” trial; this means that a specific dose of the drug is given to a specific group
of patients with advanced cancer, in an effort to determine both whether the drug is safe and whether it is
effective. In this trial we will administer oral DCA in patients with malignant brain tumors (anaplastic
astrocytomas and glioblastomas), specifically patients with newly diagnosed tumors and patients that have
failed previously standard therapies, including surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. This trial will be
conducted in one center (the University of Alberta Hospital) and will be based in the Division of Neurosurgery.
We are excited to report that we have secured all the required approvals, from both our local ethics
committee and Health Canada. We have secured the funds and the drug and we are now working on
recruiting patients into the trial. This is a remarkable achievement considering that our work on animals was
published only 8 months ago. We will update this site with more details and contact numbers of the key team
members conducting this trial in the immediate future. This initial trial is relatively small (enrollment- up to 50
patients in the next 18 months). As is always the case with all single-center studies, the patients have to
originate from the Edmonton area and be available for scheduled assessments for the duration of the trial (i.e.
for at least 6 months). Unfortunately, patients from remote provinces or other countries might not be able to
participate in this initial trial as we do not have the ability to fund the cost of living expenses and the costs of
tests for patients from out of Canada, although arrangements may be possible for patients from other Canadian
provinces. We are exploring all possibilities and will report on this in our future communications on this site.
Our next update on this site will be in approximately 2 weeks. The dedicated line for information on
these trials is: 492-2604 .
We need to be both optimistic and cautious at the same time. We are pleased that we are able to move
ahead with these initial trials. Many more trials, involving several centers around the world need to be
completed. We consider this to be the first step of many….
On behalf of our team, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Evangelos D. Michelakis, MD

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Whenever I hear of a "miracle cure" that destroys all types of cancer I have to think it makes no sense. Our cells can mutate in a bazillion different ways. How on earth could something kill "all types" of cancer cells without killing the non-mutated cells?

That has never made sense to me, at all.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Because its DCA is an environmental toxic byproduct of chloridation. And as such it should be treated with the upmost caution. www.cancerfightingstrategies.com... has many strategies listed that have very good results. The thing that DCA does is listed here:

www.cancerfightingstrategies.com...

Cancer Strategy #4: Lack Of Methylglyoxal Causes Cancer...
Getting Methylglyoxal Into Cells Puts The Brakes On Cancer...

To sum it up, the Carbonyl group - Glyoxal & Methylglyoxal, are retine. They arrest cell division and make cells return to a resting state. If Carbonyl is missing, uncontrolled proliferation goes on, and cells grow wildly and uncontrollably which leads to cancer. Glyoxal & Methylglyoxal are a non-toxic substance that is supposed to be in your cells. Putting them back in your cells has significant anti-cancer activity....

The sight is very good and goes on to list products and things that accomplish each strategy. I'd be trying many of them. The point is DCA turns on the component of the cancer cell that isn't making the methylglyoxal and hence can't turn itself off and die out.
Before taking a chloride byproduct, I'd first try the others.

And I'd look into the Rick Simpson story on youtube as well.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There are a number of articles on dichloroacetate that can be found through pubmed.gov...

Here's just one:
Dichloroacetate (DCA) as a potential metabolic-targeting therapy for cancer.

BUT there are also a number of studies published about its use in treating MELAS (mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis and stroke-like episodes) including studies that had to be terminated because the DCA caused toxic neuropathy.

See for example this one.

I'm also a bit put off by the fact that DCA is a byproduct of the chlorination of our water -- in other words, a toxic chemical that they have to figure out something to do with.

There are ongoing recruiting studies if you search the clinicaltrials.gov site for "dichloroacetate and cancer".

[edit on 9/23/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Chemotherapy is also very toxic. In fact so toxic and also fairly ineffective for a range of Cancers that many oncologists will not prescribe it to their loved ones or themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

Chemotherapy is also very toxic. In fact so toxic and also fairly ineffective for a range of Cancers that many oncologists will not prescribe it to their loved ones or themselves.

Yes, chemotherapy is extremely toxic. Was that in question?

I rather doubt that "many oncologists will not prescribe it to their loved ones or themselves" except in the strict sense that most doctors will not treat themselves or close family members, preferring instead to refer them to someone who can be more objective. Do you have a source, other than the German doctor who's been dead for years but once made the claim that "many FDA officials and oncologists" came to Germany for their treatment?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There already is a cure for cancer, its called early detection. The earlier the stage it is diagnosed in the better chance of a successful treatment. My grandfather was diagnosed with Stage I prostate cancer in 1999 .... 8 years later he still alive and kicking thanks to early detection.

Someone who has Stage III or Stage IV cancer before they are even diagnosed with cancer is most likely not going to survive regardless of what treatment course they take.

And certain forms of cancer do have VERY high cure rates with "evil poison chemo and radiation" - testicle cancer for example has a very high survival rate that I believe is pretty close to 100%. Unfortunately it is not among the more common forms of cancer

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just had a flash back to the beginning of "I Am Legend". Hope this possible cure won't create some of those zombies from the movie.

Boo

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

No, I have this from an Oncologist friend. I am not agreeing with the German Quack either. BUT Chemo is toxic and largely ineffective against many forms of cancer and the German Quack is maybe even more dangerous.

That is why I resurrected this thread because if this is true, than this world is in even a worse state I thought.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I hear ya boo.. Well, I guess we all have to face death as is a part of life. Even if the solution is to the issue is nothing more than a morphine drip.. there is no dishonor. Red Cross should lobby to explore all Alternative Cancer treatments and generate the statistical data thereof. I do think this could be done in a responsible manner without creating zombies.
No worries. We should all respect the elderly and dying, and afford them their dignity. This would solve the issue of quackery and scammers running amuck.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here you can find observation data gathered by Canadian Clinic - Medicor Cancer
Centres durning DCA therapy:
www.medicorcancer.com...
and here are 4 cases treated with DCA:
forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...
www.medicorcancer.com...
www.medicorcancer.com...

here's an lymphoma remission story using DCA B1 vitamine protocol:
forums.cancer.vc...
and here are other remissions:

forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...
forums.cancer.vc...

for more info on alternative therapies and dca see forums.cancer.vc... and for additional info see puredca.com... and cancer.vc...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I was watching the clinical trials posts awhile back.
see my ATS thread

and after fall, 2007 promising an update in a few weeks, there was no news for a year, until about 2 months ago.

This may be due to only private donations and other outside pressures.

It got real quite and the roaring mouse of '07 got real meek.

Par for the course I'd say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join