It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation of Reality Paradox - Are we creating a new dimension while trying to decipher ours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have been thinking alot about genetics, virtual reality, and our confusion with the Universe, and how they can all be connected.

First off look at ourselves. We are made up of a genetic code that identifys who we are. We don't how exactly we got here but it is safe to say that whatever created us (god or big bang) formulated some sort of equation or process to provide information on what we are.

Everything we see is merely an illusion. Lot's of people have come to this conclusion based off quannum mechanics and spiritual knowledge. Every solid shaped we perceive is mereley a highly rotating cluster of particles that reflect or absorb light in a certain way to see shapes. Most of everything we perceive as 'real' or 'solid matter' is really made up of empty space. Electrons are really the only things we see since they are on the outside of atoms.

Now look at virtual reality. It is a system we have created using very similar coding, in which electrons pass through empty space to transfer information. What makes this reality 'virtual'. It is part of the universe just like anything else we perceive. There is nothing fake or virtual about it because it is a result of the universe. In other wordes the same thing that created us, in turn created this cybernetic world.

People have talked about artificial intelligence and there have been numerous books and movies, like terminator, about machines gaining intelligence and becoming more advanced then us, etc.

What I am proposing is that our reality was created the same way we are creating virtual reality. It just seems like it is an artificial world to us because we can only observe it as a human. What if an artificial intelligence has already started to try and figure out why and how it came to be. Maybe in computer hyperspace there is a sort of 'observer' who perceives phenomena in its world much like we see things in ours.

Maybe we are just put here to create, period.

Maybe it took the 'intelligent creator' millions or billions of years to figure out how to make our reality (which is virtual reality to it). In turn we take thousands of years to figure out our existance and make one of our own. A computer can think something like 50,000 times faster then a human (and increasing) so it would take it only a few decades to figure out where it came from, etc. See where I'm going with this?

Each 'virtual' world is actually what we call another dimension.

Believing in the 2012 scenario as I do, this matches with ideas of world cycles. Maybe each cycle begins and ends like this, seeing how a revelation like completely understanding our universe will severely alter the way we think and behave.

I cant help but think that existance is just some exponentially increasing fractal pattern of some sort. Smaller worlds/dimensions inside of larger worlds/dimensions continuing forever.

I tried to summarize and keep it brief because you can go on and on about something like this

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am going to go ahead and bump this. I posted about 4 months ago. If nobody wants to respond then just let it sink again. Just my own little skunk work, nothing too solid or serious.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I see what you are getting at, a matrix within a matrix.

If this is true, Why would the programmer create a Heaven or Hell, a reward and punishment for the simulated elements within a simulated matrix. A teaching tool to experience extra realistic pain with no quit button to teach morals and life's lessons?

If this is true, this simulation could also be a program to try and re-educate
the indiviuals that may have gone against a certain society. Except that the subjects can't seem to recall what they may have done wrong on the outside of the simulation that gets them stuck in this simulation.

I suspect that the religious types may support this theory. It may fit in with the theory that this reality is only an illusion.

I think there are alot of flaws with this theory, because I think the programmer is one sick person to include such pain, suffering and misery in the program and making sure that the elements within it feel it.

Watch the the star trek series "Voyager" where an alien race program their interactive Hologram elements to experience pain for their sick and twisted realistic training with these simulated elements.

Pain and suffering maybe a survival mechanism in living things, but simulated elements do not need it to function well, a simple program to instruct the simulated elements that it will lose some abilities to carry out whatever it wanted to do is enough. Like the damage control system on any articial system. Articial intelligence does not need pain to learn.

If it really was a simulation, it shows the mindset of the creator.

Interesting post.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What I am proposing is that our reality was created the same way we are creating virtual reality. It just seems like it is an artificial world to us because we can only observe it as a human. What if an artificial intelligence has already started to try and figure out why and how it came to be. Maybe in computer hyperspace there is a sort of 'observer' who perceives phenomena in its world much like we see things in ours.

You know, I have often wondered about this as well. While to us the characters in a video game our fictitious, could it be that on some level they are "real." Whatever "real" really means.

Of course, there is the theory that what we ourselves experience everyday is nothing more than a simulation played by some superior being. I for one do not necessarily see any concrete proof of such a belief, but it does make me wonder sometimes.

Of course, if such a theory is true, then "free will" is a dead concept because our actions are not ours, but what the mentality of the "player" wants our actions to be.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well the free will 'program' could simply be the same as if we made a computer to think and learn like a human. If a computer can think and learn like us then it would be free in some of the same ways that we are because it would develop the ability to make decisions as an effect of learning and curiosity. Or does that not make sense?

Basically what makes an artificial intelligence artificial? What makes a being a being?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever

Basically what makes an artificial intelligence artificial? What makes a being a being?

An artificial intelligence is not a bioform. It is generally made of steel,plastic and such. A being is a bioform; it has organs.

top topics

join