It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are those strange noises at night?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I know this has ben answered, but I will confirm.

All the noises are normal. Especially with the TV. If it is a CRT(cathode ray tube) TV, or computer monitor, there is a "degauss" function that gets rid of unwanted magnetic fields when you turn them on. This will make a clicking noise. Also, this same clicking noise will happen a few seconds, or even minutes, after you turn the TV/monitor off.

I know my CRT monitors click also. I would tell any of my g/f's staying over for the night that I have a ghost that likes to flick the plastic of my monitor every night with their fingers, and she should wait for it to happen. Sure enough, 4 minutes after turning off the monitor, it would "SNAP!", and my g/f's would get all scared and get closer... hahahahaha

Here is info:
www.computerhope.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.monitoronsale.com...

As for the clicking from houses.. that's ultra common...

The wood in the house is "acclimating", meaning it is flexing with the heat and cold... it does it a lot, and is very sensitive. This also pulls at the nails or screws in the wood, and causes them to make noises.

I had a period of time in my life where I used to install hardwood floors. We would actually have to leave about an half inch to an inch of space all the way around the walls, just to allow the hardwood to expand and contract. If we didn't leave this space, the wood will lift up in certain places and snap and crack when you walk over it.

So, nothing to worry about. Its all good.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hey no problem dude. Just glad i could put your mind at ease.
Im not in it for the points or votes, so no worries.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I would tell any of my g/f's staying over for the night that I have a ghost that likes to flick the plastic of my monitor every night with their fingers, and she should wait for it to happen. Sure enough, 4 minutes after turning off the monitor, it would "SNAP!", and my g/f's would get all scared and get closer... hahahahaha

hahah i love it, had me laughing pretty good! I might even try this one tonight, if i can get the timing down...

Well even though the title of this thread and topic seems alittle boring, i think overall with the constructive input from some of the members here it was extremely insightful regarding ghost like noises in a household. Very productive discussion, and thank you everyone for your input.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm sorry if somebody already said this, but...

um, farts?

Well my farts are scary enough without attributing a ghost to them

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i hear those noises every night there not scary well abit

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's probably your heater or heating system. As for the wall ticking thing do you have a watch near your bed?. Sometimes when I'm relaxed I can hear a watch tick and even hear bubbles in a soda can.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
TVs contain large capacitors that, even if you unplug them, will store a charge for a while. I'm guessing that's what you're hearing.

It sounds unusual though, I know I don't hear that from my electrical stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I very much dislike hearing unexplainable things at night. I keep myself awake trying to figure out what is making the noises.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i dont want to spoil but alot of time i get those too,my pc klaviature ot mouse..start to *cracks* once or twice when i got o bed,or the windod..i guess its just normal

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
hi,ive been depressive for years now and i start hearing noises,sometimes voices but i cant really hear what is being sayd..i was watching a horror movie with a bad old lady that murders kids late at night and around 3am i think i heard a door slam and it was coming from down stairs,i even went looking but no door that wasnt closed,before that i heard the stairs crackling abit like someone is sneaking on the stairs..i hear this often and feel like being watched.now that doorslam was scary but what scared me the most once was a hand slap on the wall when i just turned to the right side of my bed and the slap came from right behind me like above my head or left side.i also heard a light knock on my fan that stands high on the desk and my water bottle that cracked the right after the tv,and sometimes i see white ball shape light when sometimes turn around with my head and it dissapears very fast,i also see shadow moving but that rarely happens like once in a year maybe,and i also feel like someone is near my bed watching me from very close and the feeling im going to get trowed out of the bed doesnt happen much to...now sometimes i feel its very evil but at times i think its just an anoying spirit.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

I grew up in WI, I've always had some contact with the spirit world. I now live in mn but am visiting my mom in the house I grew up in. The last three nights I've heard this click sound at random coming from the hall and when I get up it stops. I've never heard it here before and we have lived here for over 35 years!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join