It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've been looking everywhere for answers to the string theory but all websites I go to are talking about so much physics and just detailed information that confuses the heck out of me. I was wondering if anyone knew or could write a not too confusing description to understand. I'm so interested but got no idea.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lilyblooms

Here is a link to a recent ATS thread introducing a NOVA series called the elegant universe. I believe it address stringtheory in relation to the genesis of the universe. The information is presented in an easy to understand non-scientific format.

The Elegant Universe

Don't know how much you already know about string theory but in a nutshell it states that the basic building blocks of all matter in the universe, and the 4 basic forces: gravity, em, strong nuclear and weak nuclear are based on infinitesimally small strings of energy "vibrating" at different frequencies. One of the problems many skeptics of the theory have with it, is it requires something like 11 or 12 physical dimensions.

I'm sure I got some of this "not quite right" but thats the jist of it.

If you're really motivated you could read this technical paper that allegedy goes one step past string theory into "braids" It was posted by another ATS poster "NeonHaze"

arxiv.org...

one other thing - this thread should probably be in another forum. I used to do this quite often when I first started posting also.
[edit on 1/31/2007 by darkbluesky]

[edit on 1/31/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
...........and this has what to do with the war on terror?????

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I know everything about string theory. Im the guy who used to wipe Hawkings nose and one day he stole my theory and the english bobbie put me on a boat to pakistan and now i am trying to find my way back home.

so what is it that you want to know?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
okay

i want to know why anyone would steal new theories when Einstein's are sound and are still free to us all?

String theory is rather complicated even when simplified. And it doesn't have an end and beginning which join which i think must be in all cases.

Strings are not round but linear and reality is based on the sphere not the line or the point.

Bell's theorem and the theory of relativity are not disproved and i don't see any thing that works as well.

information is never lost and hawking is basing much on this which implies that that spooky action at a distance is not true. but we've seen it and it has been repeated.

strings are still just theories untested as far as i know

how can they be tested? if they can't then we aren't starting early enough in the process.

new topics

top topics

join