It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joseph Biden Annouces Run for the US Presidency in 2008

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
LOL Benevolent Heretic

Kinda like in the late 80's when I was in the Army. We had a new Sargent arrive, his name was Sgt. Juartez. I didn't catch his name right off and said "Sgt Jalapeno?" It stuck, and he liked it!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
RR, that was funny!

Seems Obama and Jackson have decided that they're a little more offended than they were at first. I can only suspect that Obama and Jackson's 'people' probably told them that they could get some real mileage if they were a little more offended for the sake of the race. Because although nerither were offended at first, they've now decided that they are...

Biden's Obama Flap Overshadows Campaign Start

Obama seemed willing to let Biden's comments pass, saying: "I didn't take it personally and I don't think he intended to offend..."

Later in the day
"African-American presidential candidates like Jesse Jackson, Shirley Chisholm, Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton gave a voice to many important issues through their campaigns, and no one would call them inarticulate," said Obama.

And Jackson's initial response:

"Knowing Joe Biden the way I do, I'm sure he didn't mean it as off-color, but it is certainly highly suggestive," Jackson said.

And in a later interview:

"I don't know whether it was an attempt to diminish what I had done in '88, or to say Barack is all style and no substance," Jackson said.

I just suspect that Obama and Jackson were told that they should have been more offended on behalf of African Americans, Obama to secure their votes. Jackson? I don't know.

This is just my opinion.

In any case, this flap will all disappear in a few days.
And I would wager that Biden will be a LOT more careful. Because it's true, he will not get very far in his presidential bid with 'slips' like that.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

"...on Thursday, he went on Mr. Sharpton’s radio show where he apologized so profusely, and heaped so much praise on Mr. Sharpton – “Al, I love you!” Mr. Biden said – that it left even Mr. Sharpton speechless."

Incredible. Unfortunately, it seems as though he is floundering before his campaign even begins.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That's what I'm thinking, Togetic. Like a guy who trips and falls down on the starting line. (I know... it's a sports analogy, and I HATE those!)

I just wonder if he'll make it up and get back into the race or if his political incorrectness will hit him again later on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join