It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Hobbit Like creatures Highly Evolved and Entirely New Species New study Finds.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
A new study made by Dean Falk and colleagues, of Florida State University, has found that the hobbit like human remains found in Indonesia are a completely new branch of species in our family tree, and tests performed on one of the skulls found a highly evolved brain rewired and reorginised differently than that of humans.

"People refused to believe that someone with that small of a brain could make the tools," said Professor Falk.

She said the Hobbit brain was nothing like that of a microcephalic and was advanced in a way that is different from living humans.

A previous study of LB1's endocast revealed that large parts of the frontal lobe and other anatomical features were consistent with higher cognitive processes.

"LB1 has a highly evolved brain," said Professor Falk. "It didn't get bigger, it got rewired and reorganised, and that's very interesting."

news.bbc.co.uk...

This new find is extremely interesting imo. Not only did they found that this is a completely different branch of our family tree but this race had a highly evolved brain.

There are oral traditions and legends/myths in almost every continent about "little people", is it possible this species was not only confined in Indonesia? We might be speculating on this, but I find it way too much of a coincidence that this latest find corroborates the myths/legends/ oral traditions tha these "little" people were aggressive, but were very smart.

www.pitt.edu...

www.mythicalrealm.com...

www.umary.edu...&%20Clark/Legend%20of%20the%20Little%20People_files/frame.htm

www.ruf.rice.edu...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
COOL!!! It has always seemed odd to me that the human branch of the evolutionary tree was rather bare of leaves...

We Homo Saps aren't doing so well... maybe we need a rewiring.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
My grandfather, before he died, told me a story about these little creatures that live beneath the ground, he told me they were nasty creatures, and that one day they would come out after digging, and cause a lot of trouble.

He was quite religious, muslim, The odd thing is, I cant really find info about this story, except, gog and magog, which has similar story but no mention of little people, unless Ive missed something.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Curious question for those medically/archeologicaly skilled: How can you tell whether a brain is "rewired" from an ancient skull, or highly evolved for that matter???

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
from the impression the brain makes on the interior of the scull. the article Muaddib quotes from goes in depth on the subject.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
But I fail to see how that can make them evolved. It just means their brain looked different from ours, dont it?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
My grandfather, before he died, told me a story about these little creatures that live beneath the ground, he told me they were nasty creatures, and that one day they would come out after digging, and cause a lot of trouble.

He was quite religious, muslim, The odd thing is, I cant really find info about this story, except, gog and magog, which has similar story but no mention of little people, unless Ive missed something.

Where was it? Where did your grandfather live?

Thanks.

Back to Hobbit, this might be interesting. Another hobbit species in Sumatera?

Orang Pendek

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
But I fail to see how that can make them evolved. It just means their brain looked different from ours, dont it?

In this case, it means that the brain had a larger cerebrum than those of the apes or early primates. A large cerebrum is a telltale sign of a human.

So it's not that they "looked different", it's in how and what was changed. Their brain looked more like ours than, say, it looked like the brain of Australopithecus.

Here's a page that explains some of this in an easy-to-read manner:
www.uh.edu...

new topics

top topics

join