It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Hobbit Like Race Found in Indonesia is a New Species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A new study performed by Dean Falk and colleages, of Florida State University has found that the remains of the human like hobbits found in indonesia are a completely new branch of our family tree. But the most interesting part is that tests performed on the skull of one of the creatures found that the brain was not microcephalic, but was advanced differently than the brain of humans. The brain of the creatures was smaller, but it was rewired and reorganized in a way that made it highly evolved.

news.bbc.co.uk
She said the Hobbit brain was nothing like that of a microcephalic and was advanced in a way that is different from living humans.

A previous study of LB1's endocast revealed that large parts of the frontal lobe and other anatomical features were consistent with higher cognitive processes.

"LB1 has a highly evolved brain," said Professor Falk. "It didn't get bigger, it got rewired and reorganised, and that's very interesting."

This apparently contrasts with LB1's other "primitive" anatomical features.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This latest find is really interesting. A hobbit like creature which existed and had a normal, a bit smaller, but highly evolved intellect, and it was a completly different branch of our family tree.

Interesting to say the least. If this species has gone unnoticed for so long, how many others could exist out there? What about the oral traditions of native Americans which speak of "little people" living under the Earth in caves? The same story is found in nearly every continent.
Is it possible these "oral traditions and myths" are actually based on truth? To me it appears to be a real possibility, what do you all think?

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have also heard about this, and seen a couple of stories about workers working undeground hearing things, and myths about creatures living under earth.

Also I have heard about this from Islam, they are supposed to come up one day and make problems.

It all seems very possible, I mean think about how big space there is down there.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Looks like earth is about to change into Middle-Earth.

All we need now is orcs, elves, and walking trees getting P-O about global warming.

join