It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival kit , BoB`s and security check points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
This won't help you in airports etc. but has anyone considered using g guitarpack to conceal that you are carrying a rifle.... Some modern guitarbagpacks are really very much like soft dragbags the snipers use, but they don't draw unwanted attention to you... only works with short rifles tough.

In Colorado you are required to list what weapons you will carry on your cc permit. It would probably be hard to convince the sheriff (who has to personally sign off on any cc permit) that you need to carry around your M-4 in a guitar case.....

P.S. Congrats to my parents, who got the first CC permits of the year in Littleton. #000 and 001, I'm so proud.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I assume that you can still carry the rifle to the range and back etc. And it would be especially useful to be able to conceal the rifle if you are trying to leave an urban area in Situation X with FEMA/military watching over the crowds,,,

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You should read a military survival, escape, and evasion book. One key point to keeping your gear is not going through check points at all. Not an easy thing but if you make your run in the first 24 hours local authorities are usual disorganized and spread too thin to be everywhere except the most obvious escape routes. Give them a few days and the National Guard will be there. So have your stuff where you can get it and bail out early. plan your route to be incontinent for the masses ( here I can’t help too much as your area is going to vary wildly form the next persons) alleys, beaches, nature trails, and such are not the first place check points and road blocks will be set up.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by wcssar]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I agree, there are a no checklines that are 100% "recon proof", just ask anyone with infilitration/LR-Recce training... I've gone through MP quarantine zones in a variety of exercises.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Getting your Survival kit through the airports is only the half of it if you are travelling to a foreign country where you know only the basic lingo, if at all, and where you don't know your surroundings.

It's best to learn a couple of foreign languages, and to get maps and books of places you go to that are detailed and not the cheapy stuff just in case something happens in the place where you are. Learn the customs and etc.

There's no use having the gear, if you have no idea. You need to know the terrain and the layout.

But that can be said for even if you are in your own country at the time where a survival kit is needed.

I think also that in the event of 'an event' it's good to know people who also know their stuff and have abilities, expertise and capabilities where you don't, and as such would be preferred candidate to be someone you would link up with in the event of an event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join