It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We DON'T have this sort of propulsion!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I had found a video clip of an object that moved slowly and then suddenly accelerated at serious speeds out of the atmosphere. I was looking through the clips I have collected and did not find it BUT!!! I found a VERY similar one.

Look at the speed this thing moves at. It is first slow and then suddenly shoots across the sky and stops and then flies directly at the helicopter and turns JUST before colliding and flies directly upward.

I found this clip originally here but I cannot find the other file that contained the same type of craft but from a different part of the world. It may have been from Canada. I got this video a couple of years ago.

Ok now go ahead and debunk it but I have captured a couple of the frames so that you can get an idea of how it looks. It was so fast that this is the best I can do even if forwarding frame by frame.

[edit on 31/1/2007 by shearder]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The clip you posted, "this video", is actually from an advert for the SCI-FI channel. This video has been discussed at great length on ATS, many times.

WTC UFO

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
"Ok now go ahead and debunk it"

The video that you posted is a fake or hoax. Promo for the scfi Channel. Read this www.rense.com...

"We DON'T have this sort of propulsion!!"

I think we do have this sort of propulsion or anti gravity technology, but that just my opinion. I have read many reports of UFOs on radar that have been clocked doing mach 23 and above

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Not this one again please!!!!!!!!!

I don't agree when people call this video "fake" or "a hoax", because it was not its authors intention to make it pass as a real event. It's just a promo made by a tv channel (i mean it's like calling a scene from StarWars "fake" or "a hoax").

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe people still don't know about this video clip. I thought most people knew it was a commercial by now because if it weren't then it would be one of the most revealing UFO clips ever...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My absolute sincere apologies for not knowing that this was just a “hoax” or “created” just for a TV series/program. I do get on my knees and humbly request that I be forgiven for, as it well appears, bringing this up again on ATS. It was honestly not my intention to prove my ignorance or the fact that I do not live in the US and have no idea that such a TV show exists or that the clip was “man made” simply for its purpose.

I honestly beg that all can look within themselves and ignore MY ignorance of this matter. I should be excommunicated, possibly disemboweled for even having thought of such an atrocity waged against my fellow man by the mere fact I even looked at this clip and ask a question.

I guess I should have search the annals of ATS and quenched my desire to find out more about this. Please excuse my total and absolute ignorance of this clip and accept the apology of a humble unsophisticated rhetorician inebriated by his own verbosity with a mingle bossie and an usm fluffy behind a tree with a moustache on the other side of a valley.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Look down 2 posts.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Wow, I can't believe people still don't know about this video clip. I thought most people knew it was a commercial by now.....

The world is a little larger than the US of A and therefore it would be prudent to consider the fact that, and this is quite possible, it may never have been seen in any other country

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
whew, sorry, had to get that in there quick ,

This video was part of a series of promos for the sci-fi WEBSITE not channel.

There were a couple other promo videos , but I cant find them anywhere.

1. Family picnic is invaded by millions of ladybugs flying and marching in geometric patterns.

2. Lake monster video. It looks like something alive and just under the water suddenly swims off at great speed, camera follows.

3. A young man is shocked by defibrillator paddles and becomes magnetized. All nearby metal flies to him and gets stuck to him.

All these videos end with the same "see more at Sci-Fi.com/happens" white screen.

Does anyone know where to find these videos, I cant find them anywhere.

And you are absolutley right, these are promos , not frauds.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
whew, sorry, had to get that in there quick ,

This video was part of a series of promos for the sci-fi WEBSITE not channel.

There were a couple other promo videos , but I cant find them anywhere.

1. Family picnic is invaded by millions of ladybugs flying and marching in geometric patterns.

2. Lake monster video. It looks like something alive and just under the water suddenly swims off at great speed, camera follows.

3. A young man is shocked by defibrillator paddles and becomes magnetized. All nearby metal flies to him and gets stuck to him.

All these videos end with the same "see more at Sci-Fi.com/happens" white screen.

Does anyone know where to find these videos, I cant find them anywhere.

And you are absolutley right, these are promos , not frauds.

Thanks for that Tiloke. Much appreciated. I have never seen any of these so, in my igmorance, assumed it may be "real" hence my mail.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
so we still are within the realms of human technological capabilities (classified) regarding ufos?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I posted a video of a meteor crash once, turned out it was a commercial clip.
I was there dude!

Never hurts to post if your not sure. (of course if you have exhausted your search, or else, you will be consumed by wrath!)

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I posted a video of a meteor crash once, turned out it was a commercial clip.
I was there dude!

Never hurts to post if your not sure. (of course if you have exhausted your search, or else, you will be consumed by wrath!)

Damn straight. I guess I got the answers

I see a destinct difference in how people are willing to communicate and to which level they either sink or elevate themselves. I do take my hat of to a lot of guys; others - i would like to take THEIR hats off and...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by segalindoa
Not this one again please!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree why is this thread even open still???

Soon well seeing a NEW (hehe i say very loosely) thread about the chinese version of this.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
BEcause I want people to help me find those SCI-FI promo videos

Relax, guys. It's the first time this person has seen this, and they thought it worthy of sharing. Thats the reason ATS exists. (thanks masqua, I forgot that)

I found the lake monster one.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Tiloke]

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes, I suppose when you see a clip like that, or of the "Hungarian UFO," which also zips away, rather than immediately declare that there's no way we have the propulsion systems that could do it, it might be a good idea to consider if we have the special video effects capabilities to make it look that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think we do have the video effects that can fake or falsify something like this. I mean look at movies like (old!!) Terminator. If that can be done back then, i am sure it is more than possible to do what they did in this video. Just when i advanced frame by frame it looks seriously "real" and possible considering, too, the shape and size and at that speed i would not have thought they would have given much attention to detail considering we don't get a very good look at it and almost any stage - well not in the clip i found andthe quality. perhaps there isa better quality clip somewhere??

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
BEcause I want people to help me find those SCI-FI promo videos

Hi Tiloke,

I very keen on seeing the other relevant Sci-Fi promo videos, since they are relevant to completing the rather long entry on the WTC/helicopter video in my database of infamous UFO videos.

(You may not be surprised to hear that the WTC/helicopter video is Video Number 1 in that database).

If this video is *ever* to be killed off, I think a webpage giving the comprehensive background to the making of the video is needed.

Anyway, the relevant promos are referred to collectively as the "Sci-Fi Happens" videos.

It may be worth starting a separate thread to aid in the hunt for the complete set of "Sci-Fi Happens" videos. I think many people that click on the current thread will not get past the first couple of posts.

The following links may help.

Although the official "Sci-Fi Happens" webpages are no longer available, the text and pictures from those webpages can be found at the links below (using the useful web.archive.org website to look at cached versions of webpages for the last few years - a very useful tool for research).

Unfortunately, I can't get the links to the videos on those cached pages to work. It is quite possible that web.archive.org merely puts the text and photos in the cache, not the relevant video.

Official "Sci-Fi Happens" webpage for the WTC/helicopter/UFO video:
here

Official "Sci-Fi Happens" webpage for the "Geometric Bugs" video:
here

Official "Sci-Fi Happens" webpage for the "Magnet Man" video:
here

Can anyone manage to open the videos at the links for the "Geometric Bugs" or the "Magnet Man", or find those videos elsewhere?

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 2-2-2007 by IsaacKoi]

top topics

join