It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how god reveals himself to us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Do you think that god only picked one person or divine man to reveal himself to us, or a host of many?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The answer to that is clearly going to depend upon what religion one follows as well as one's personal interpretation of that religion.

In regards to my personal beliefs, GOD reveals itself to me personally. No prophets, messiah, or enlighted ones required. I see GOD for myself.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkinsonscowboy
Do you think that god only picked one person or divine man to reveal himself to us, or a host of many?

i'm going to go with 0
even from a religious point of view you can say 0

think about it this way
the universe is a closed system
direct interference of god through revelation and miracles would disrupt the system

that is the deist perspective that many of our founding fathers (and first 6 presidents) shared with enlightenment thinkers

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
is this your view or just george washingtons?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

is this your view or just george washingtons?

well, i'm an atheist
so my perspective is that there is no god
hence nobody has had any deity revealed to them

i was just saying that there are people (deists) that actually believe in a god that doesn't reveal itself to anyone

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If god hasn't reveiled himself to anyone, how did the chinese know about the human aura thousands of years before there was proof of it? Or how can people all around the world have the same near death experience of going into heaven. Some people beleive its the dmt thats released right after death, but i just cant see it.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If god hasn't reveiled himself to anyone, how did the chinese know about the human aura thousands of years before there was proof of it?

because there isn't

Or how can people all around the world have the same near death experience of going into heaven. Some people beleive its the dmt thats released right after death, but i just cant see it.

well, it's easy to say that we all have the same near death experience
we also have the same birth experience
the same flood myths
the same fire briger myths
it's all very apparent when you study the works of joseph campbell on the monomyth

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
People don't have the same NDEs, they are quite variable and tend to conform to cultural expectations.

Thus, in the west, experiencing a meeting with Jesus is common (but not universal); in other cultures, people can experience meeting their deity of choice.

Some contain no theological aspect, some are frightening, some are positive experiences.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So if I am reading this correctly, we have one vote for many.

So parkinsoncowboy and melatonin, what's your opinion on the original question?

One? or many?

and I am assuming from the way the question was asked that parkinsoncowboy would like to Move Past Religion 101, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
So parkinsoncowboy and melatonin, what's your opinion on the original question?

One? or many?

I'm assuming this refers to how many people are focal points for a god to spread the word or knowledge of him or something.

IMHO, I think none.

If you pinned me with a gun to my head and forced me to choose a version of god, it would be some deistic version. I see no real clear evidence for an interaction between a deity and people.

If a god wanted to do such a thing, he could easily allow all people to be focal points taking out the middle-man and chances for disinformation.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Melatonin you couldn't be more wrong. The human aura was proved by the us goverment in the late 60's. There is a special camera to photograph it. It has been proven that during times of stress that it gets smaller and red in color.....the opposite in times of strength and happiness.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
sorry melatonin that comments for madness

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I also wasn't saying that everyone with a nde meets jesus christ. But alot of people from all diffrent cultures world wide have the experience of going towards a light.....feeling warmness,love,ect....that was the point that I was making.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Melatonin you couldn't be more wrong. The human aura was proved by the us goverment in the late 60's. There is a special camera to photograph it. It has been proven that during times of stress that it gets smaller and red in color.....the opposite in times of strength and happiness.

Source?

No, I'm sorry, human aura's has never been scientifically proven to exist.

en.wikipedia.org...(paranormal)

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
look up joe slate and kirlian photography.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join