It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO encounter with 7 friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
ok guys ive been kind of an observer here for a bit and i figured id post this interesting event that happened to me, whether it is ET or not i dont know but it definetely is a ufo story. im not going to bs you guys in any way and i hope you can identify what happened, this is a legit story.

Me and 7 other people were sitting in my backyard and being tired we just sat there smoking some cigs starting to zone out. nothing interesting happened until i noticed a bluish whitish light coming down on part of the deck , the circle of this light must have been only about 6-7 ft in diameter and only covered my brother and part of the table. the best way to describe the lights would be just like a headlight except coming from the sky. so in my head im just like "yeah its just an airplane or the moon" but then i thought to myself "wait a minute that aint right". as soon as i thought this i looked up and saw a very small ball high up in the sky streak away so fast it looked like a shooting star far up. later i would confirm from someone else that he saw a orangish white ball far above the trees in this area from his perspective. right after this happened i turned to 3 other people and we all said at the same exact time "WHAT THE # WAS THAT????". there is no way a car is going to have a car light coming down at that angle, no moon was in sight, no light source from neighboors or street lights, and an airplane would be slow not just zoom away. does anybody know of any satellites that do this or anything or any type of actual phonomenon that does this?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Naturally occurring, it might be a lightning ball. Was it a cloudy day on that night?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
not cloudy at all, infact is was a pretty clear summer night

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

BALL LIGHTNING does not look like "lightning." Instead, it usually appears as a mysterious glowing sphere which drifts horizontally through the air. It is typically the size of a grapefruit, but sometimes appears as small as a pea, or as large as a bus. It sometime hovers at a few feet or tens of feet altitude, but can also bounce along the ground. It usually lasts only a few seconds, but sometimes persists much longer. Various colors of "BL" have been seen, sometimes it changes colors, and sometimes it has internal structures such as glowing layers or moving sparks. Sometimes it disappears silently, other times it explodes with extreme violence.

At one time BL was thought to be extremely rare, but this was because most BL eyewitnesses feared ridicule and wouldn't come forward. In reality, five percent of the population has seen BL close up. Today most researchers agree that it is real, yet its nature is still highly controversial, and no sensible theories yet exist to explain it. (For example, BL cannot be hot plasma, since plasma would be much lighter than air and would immediately rise like fire, or like a balloon.)

found that on a website about ball lightning. But having read a couple websites now, it seems like 'ball lightning' acts nothing like lightning at all, and I don't know why they call it that. Apparently they still don't know how it works completely, but there is this theory: www.abc.net.au...

However that theory requires you have normal lightning first. Its possible that ball lightning itself is something paranormal in that it is currently unexplainable with our current understanding of nature and science, although it may just be what the article theorizes it is.

if ball lightning was what you saw, than you're a lucky part of that five percent to have seen it

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
my dad saw one at the airport but somehow i doubt that a ball lightning is going to have a spotlight on one area. hehe also dont you need a lot of static and clouds for that?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by red eye agnostic
my dad saw one at the airport but somehow i doubt that a ball lightning is going to have a spotlight on one area. hehe also dont you need a lot of static and clouds for that?

According to the websites I have been reading, ball lightning can occur on completely clear nights and days. However, I wonder just how many reports of 'ball lightning' are actually something else entirely, and that ball lightning is just an easy answer for a quick debunking of a sighting of something that acts like a ball of energy. Ball lightning allegedly can remain for many seconds as well.

according to the theory I posted, you DO need lightning first. Which you obviously did not have that night. So -shrug-, it might be ball lightning, or something else entirely.

top topics

join