It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mother's "saucer" sighting. Do I believe her?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My beloved mother passed away a few years ago in Yokohama, Japan at the age of 88. One of the most fascinating things my mother had ever told me happened one bright, cloudless day in the spring of 1975.
I was living then in Phoenix, Arizona. I remember receiving from her a most interesting letter. I could see her excitement in that letter. She wrote to me in that letter that about 10 days before, she had observed a silver, metallic, flying-saucer-shaped object (with a dome) hovering just over a crowded railway station in Yokohama.
It was in broad daylight, around 11:30 a.m. She described the object as a typical, flying saucer. just as flying saucers have always been depicted in comic books or in Sci-Fi movies.
She said in the letter that it happened while she and her grandson were walking away from the railroad station and walking towards home. She felt as if something had told her to turn around and look back towards the railway station. And, Lord, behold, right over the station, she suddenly saw this shiny, metallic, typical flying saucer with a dome hovering over! She immediately pointed to her grandson to turn around and look, and at that very moment, the object was gone....vanished!
The street was filled with people coming from and going to the railway station. She was so awe-struck that she didn't even notice anyone observing the object.
My mother had always been skeptical and always used to ridicule my serious interest in UFOs. ( In my childhood years, I had always taken a great interest in UFOs or flying saucers, as they were called then, ever since my father had told me of his sighting of a strange, greenish ball of fire slowing moving over Yokohama bay one summer night in 1947, as he was night-fishing, his favorite hobby of many many years. He swore that the object seemed as if it were intelligently controlled or intelligently maneuvering. My father had passed away in 1982).
But getting back to my mother, her amazing sighting totally made her a believer. I have the highest respect for my mother and I totally believe what she said in the letter. I visited my mother a few years later and she confirmed her sighting right to the dot. There is no doubt in my mind that she did see what she said she saw. After more than 45 years of research behind the UFO phenomenon, I have yet to come to any definitive conclusion as to what UFOs are. Is it a physical phenomenon? a religious apparition? I have no idea. But I can definitely state that I believe my mother saw a flying saucer.
This is why when a group of experienced pilots and several United Airlines employees reported that they had witnessed a metallic, saucer-shaped over hovering over Chicago's O'Hare International Airport last November in the late afternoon, I truly believe that they did see what they said they saw, i.e., a metallic, saucer-shaped object....and nothing less. Again, as to what flying saucers really are, I haven't the slightest idea, even after more than 45 years of research.
Surprising as it may sound, after all these personal efforts of many years, I cannot even come close to declaring what is behind the UFO phenomena. It still remains a mystery to me.
However, after all these years, the bottom line in my view is that we have yet to come up with a single physical, solid, hard, tangible, irrefutable evidence to prove that the UFO phenomena are physical manifestations of physical extraterrestrial intelligent entities from beyond this earth.
I am not saying that the UFO phenomena do not exist. I am simply saying that empirical science, the only discipline available so far that we can rely on to determine a physical existence of a phenomenon, has not come up with any concrete evidence to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that UFOs are nuts-and-bolts physical craft operated or manipulated and occupied by physical entities from advanced extraterrestrial civilizations.
I concur totally with Dr. Jacques Vallees assessment of the phenomena.

[edit on 01/29/2007 by Norio Hayakawa]

[edit on 01/29/2007 by Norio Hayakawa]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
True - I've seen this type of craft a couple of times here in the Colorado mountains. Very unobtrusive metallic disc that has no seams or windows. Honestly I feel that the O'Hare is just the beginning and something concrete will be coming down the pike very, very soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have the highest respect for both John Keel and Dr. Jacques Vallee.
But Dr. Jacques Vallee, with whom I had corresponded for a time, is my favorite. One of Dr. vallee's theory is that the entire phenomenon could be some type of a control mechanism.
This is why I came to believe that the entire phenomena could even be some form of religious manifestations or religious manipulations by a power which we cannot comprehend simply by physical pursuit, a power which apparently is capable of presenting an "instant" (but only "temporary") "appearance" or "illusion" of being a physical phenomenon to the observer. Some suggest that it could even be a momentary, holographic instrusion from "parallel intelligence" Some others even suggest that it coud be perhaps some form of "time-slip", interdimensional "accident". I haven't the slightest idea.
The greatest reason why I highly respect Dr. Jacques Vallee is that he states that he does not have the answer to the UFO phenomenon.
This coming from a man who, perhaps more than anyone living today, has dug into this phenomenon the farthest.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hi Norio,

You are a wise man never to have doubted your Mother. Moms rule the world. What she saw is a phenomena that is both intriguing to those who see one (they never forget it) and also it is very frustrating due to their inability to talk about it openly or to prove outright that what they saw was real. I’ve read a lot of Vallee’s research and I too agree with his theories, it’s as if these craft and visitors exist in another level near ours and on occasion step over for a visit, or at times the people who see these craft are in an altered state of some sort perhaps not even noticeable to them but it is enough for them to see what the rest of us don’t. What we perceive of the light spectrum is such a narrow band and yet there is so much more to it.

Going back in history many prophets and mystics described visions that are very similar to close encounters that occur in modern times. I’m sure you’re aware of these, the wheel within the wheels, the whirlwind, the chariot of God, the Vedic texts, etc. etc. etc. One thing I noticed that many of these had in common was their rituals of fasting, praying for answers and their faith. Could these have altered their level? And thereby alter the width of band of reality that they could perceive?

I mean for example: your Mom is taking her grandchild for a walk and feels at peace and is literally filled with happiness at the perfect moment and perfect day with her grandchild and her level raises without any thought about it and she looks up and sees something that no one else can see, something that has probably been checking in on the city for years but she happened to be in the right state of mind to perceive it. This is the example of one of us stepping over to them.

The other way is for them to step over to us, for example, O’Hare and all the other photographed and multi-witnessed sightings and multi-witnessed close encounters. These would be examples of them stepping into our level.

And then, one other phenomenon that seems to be of a different nature altogether, the tricksters. I’m just now really delving into this aspect and in my opinion, at this point it seems that they are chaotic creatures, either of spirit or from other dimensions and their appearance only delivers discord and misinformation or to be more blunt, lies. Very similar to the imps described from centuries ago. Which brings me to Skinwalker Ranch.

Have you spoken with Vallee or any of the other researchers that studied the ranch? The descriptions I have read draw a picture of inter-dimensional monsters and imps. For some reason my mind keeps associating some of the grey visitors with what they encountered at the ranch. Not all visitors but some seem to only deliver lies and are into very questionable vices. There’s a blurring of the lines here, and this is where I’m stuck, are the greys tricksters? They utilize many mind warping methods which leave contactees with a blurred and distorted version of what really happened. Do you know if Vallee & Co. had any theories as to the tricksters at the ranch and the trickster characteristics of the greys? Are they related? Vallee really needs to get busy writing and give us an update. If he doesn’t feel so inclined (guess Bigelow keeps him busy) perhaps you could interview him in depth and pick up where he left off?

And then there’s this: our government is always trying out new craft and studying areas of the mind and what they can utilize it for, in my opinion I think a good portion of the craft being sighted are theirs, but I also believe that they copied them from ETs from somewhere.

As for govt. being behind all the abductions which I see is a very popular belief nowadays I don’t think so, I really don’t, I’m putting many abductions down to altered states on either the contactee side or the visitor’s side. They (our gov) is not capable of performing the experiences reported by many abductees. Even with mind techniques being utilized it would be out of their league to even think them up, and if they had such techniques and imagination we would not be having disagreements with other countries, the leader would just be zapped to agree with what they wanted.

That’s the overview I’m working with right now; I’m not really even getting into the spiritual aspects in this as that goes outside the dimensions and universes and is not relevant in regards to the visitors and anyway I couldn’t do it, I’m still working on that picture as we all are.

Vallee’s theories? Yes, I agree with you, they fit the characteristics of the pheonomena. Do you know any specifics of his theories? Any updates? Would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

STM

[edit on 31-1-2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Your mother's sighting sounds true, I have to say that I believe it as you have told it, however that doesn't make me right.

What she saw, only god [given it exists] knows, and although they COULD be physical manifestations of the human collective mind/ some kind of religious creation/ time travelers with amazing technology/ alien beings with amazing technology/ magical entities/ a subculture of asiatic people that are far more advanced then the rest of society and live in secrecy [yes, there is a guy who believes that is a possibility. I would disagree with him, personally.]/ something completely mundane like secret government projects, We can't say. There isn't beyond a shadow of a doubt proof of virtually anything, all we have is evidence.

It is also possible that there are many explainations for many different sightings. Some could be aliens, I'd be willing to bet most are mundane objects, some could be thought projection [although I personally don't have reason to believe it is], etc etc.

And I think, from doing research as best as I can, that the government might have nuts and bolts evidence, the question is will we ever see it.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by BallOfPopulation]

[edit on 31-1-2007 by BallOfPopulation]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
The greatest reason why I highly respect Dr. Jacques Vallee is that he states that he does not have the answer to the UFO phenomenon.
This coming from a man who, perhaps more than anyone living today, has dug into this phenomenon the farthest.

True... he's done some great interviews that I've heard but I haven't read his books. And like Jacques, a former contactee, I couldn't even begin to quantify the existence of these things, government or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hello, Seetoomuch
Thanks so much for your interesting input.
I can definitely see your great points in your comments.
Like you, I would wish that Jacques Vallee would resume his writings and update us on his latest concepts.
In any case, STM, thanks for your great input again!!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I have a couple of quibbles with Vallee. I do like his continuing suggestion that we quit focusing only on the "nuts and bolts" and "aliens from space" aspects of UFOs, and stop ignoring reports that include things like how a witness "felt," psychic and time distortions, "weirdness," or other stuff that might make no rational sense at all to us at this point.

Generally, Vallee thought that UFO sighting data followed curves similar to those used for instruction or behavioral modification. There would be waves or "flaps" during which additional "hints" would be given out by the Controllers which would slowly guide us toward technological and social advances. We are supposedly the students in some big, secret cosmic school of some kind. Interesting notion.

Except that his explanation of a "control mechanism" relied on data collected during the observance and recording of UFO flaps, which at one point seemed to be a statistical variation. After pondering the data and the social forces involved in its generation, I've come to the conclusion that the waves in the statistics were more a result of popular media attention than an actual increase or decrease in sightings. During some times, the news media reported them, and so people were more willing to come forward. So you'd get a flap. But UFO waves are like horror movies doing well at the box office. Every few years people want to see them, then get tired of them and they go away. So the statistical variation may or may not be real. I think people see UFOs at a relatively constant rate, but they sometimes don't report them right away, if ever.

He also based his notion on the idea that UFOs curiously seem to be only a relative few years in advance of our own technology. Again, I think this is a statistical error. When the newspapers want to report flying saucers, they don't want to hear about your flying Rubik's cubes, or whatever. Just the saucers, please. I tend to think UFOs of all shapesand sizes have been seen all the time, but not all of the shapes are adequately represented in the data.

Along with that, the sort of operant conditioning he's talking about is great for getting a dog or a dolphin to perform a trick, but it's incredibly inefficient when it comes to human beings, who have desires and motivations of their own. Human beings will work incredibly hard to learn things if they understand them to be in our best interest. We have colleges jammed with people learning things. If a controlling force or intelligence really wants to get us up to speed on something, all they need to do is point us in the right direction and show us what we can gain from it. We'll take care of the rest. That's the way we are -- we'll blow up entire planets if we see a way to improve ourselves and make live better for our offspring.

We don't need secret motivation and behavioral modification tricks, and it would make sense that any Controller intelligence would be smart enough to see that and just let us do our thing.

So Vallee had/has some interesting ideas, maybe some of them coming from his association with various "secret societies" and fraternal organizations. But I don't think he's 100 percent on the mark.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
Some others even suggest that it coud be perhaps some form of "time-slip", interdimensional "accident". I haven't the slightest idea.

If that's the case, maybe some planet in a parrallel is having fighter jet and civilian plane looking UFO's

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I doubt she would have told you and risked being considered crazy, if she didn't believe it with all of her heart

new topics

top topics

join