It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: survival reference book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_92912
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: Beyond the Bug out Bag

Along the lines of *long term* survival, is there any single reference book that the members of this forum would recommend be kept on hand for survival how-to, such as farming, hunting, shelter, and other basic but long term skills that one would need after a collapse? I've seen tons of these books but I am wondering about a single reference that would be recommended since of course you wouldn't have room for lots of books. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would strongly recommend the united states airforce search and rescue handbook. I'm not sure if this is the exact on I had but I think so. It covered more scenarios and provided meaningful info. For example, strengths of rope made from a wide array of natural material, using walnut husks in a stream to remove oxygen and get fish for dinner. It covers many regions of the world and IMHO is the best one I have came across. Even what to do in the event of nuclear attack, you name it.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
hmm dont have that one in my collection. Anybody remember that site that has downloads of all goverment manuals?

join