It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Trojan Viruses!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Calling all experts in ridding a pc of trojan viruses!

My computer has been bombarded by trojans. The VirusScan can't delete or move the files and they are hiding in my C drive.

Move failed (Clean failed because the file isn't cleanable)

Can anyone help me in ridding these horrible beasties!

Also is it possible to have someone inform me as to what these viruses can do once they are in?

As I'm pretty much a caveman in a spaceship when it comes to computers, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Beelzebubba

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Try this turn off your computer. Then logon in safe mode, then run your antivirus. You may also have to go to the antivirus web site to delete files and/or registry items.

OR

copy the files you want to keep and format your hard drive and reload all your software!

Dealers Choice!

If you let it go to long it may ruin your hard drive and bios, then you will need a new hard drive or computer!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Download this file and unzip it.
www.trendmicro.com...

Then download this file, be sure save it in the same folder that you extracted the pattern file to.
www.trendmicro.com...

Restart your PC and press/hold the F8 key immediately after the Bios or Splash screen is shown. [i.e. Dell, HP, bios screen, etc.]
When presented with the boot options menu, choose Safe Mode.

Once you're at a "desktop" just open the folder and double-click sysclean.com, when the scan is finished restart your PC.

Post back with the names of any problems your antivirus continues to detect.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
use this bit of software, update it and run a full scan - don't worry it's free

www.superantispyware.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Go get

spybot search and destroy here

Ad-aware here

AVG antivirus here

they are all %100 free, and do not install any other crap on your system or ask you to buy them every five seconds.

The avg will do its own thing once you install, as for spybot and adaware you have to run those manually every week or so, but is probably better due to the resources they use. I always start all my scans before I go to bed and then when I wake up I can hit the ground running. With the combination of these three I have never had a problem.

Hope it helps

[edit on 22-2-2007 by shizzle5150]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If the antivirus programs don't work, you could do something a little more labor intensive.

1. Back up any important files (programs, documents, drivers, etc)
2. Reformat your computer
3. Replace all your backed up data and, if need be, reinstall your drivers.

This is a little more difficult and I really don't recommend this unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Or, you could just get a Mac.

THR

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Try this one if none of those other ones help..

www.ewido.net...

It got rid of a Trojan that none of the other major spy/virus programs could..It's free for 30 days..The program still works after that you just can't get any updates..Real easy to use also...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Resistance is futile...

1st step...

hijackthis

Verify the purge before you destroy the findings through trendmirco.com

[edit on 28-3-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
No one virus program can eliminate all viruses... some are good for some, others are good for others.

Hijack this is a wonderful tool for removal of trojans. Firstly though I would recomend reading how to use it.

If you still get plagued, and you've come to the decision that you want to simply format and start over, you should look into burning a copy of linux knoppix. It's a version of linux that runs from CD. It will start itself, you don't need to set it up at all, it's VERY easy to use.

Start up in knoppix, and copy the files you want to keep onto another disk. That way the trojans cant see the disk to be copied to, and they cant copy to it. Saves you from having a repeat episode.

Knoppix is wonderful to keep around too. you never know when windows is going to fail you. Knoppix wont run all your programs, but at least you can still get on the internet to ask for help.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hey heres a pretty good site..That has helped me out a couple of times.

www.geekstogo.com...

I got step by step easy to understand instructions through the whole process..Plus they'll tell you what software to download if any is needed to solve your problem..

new topics

top topics

join