Should we prepare for 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok so... the ATS community is a special one, thats for sure... who else do you know that you can talk to about these kinds of topics? ATSers have a certain quality about them, and I would have to say, in the event of a 2012 catastrophe (which I am highly inclined to believe in), I would want to seek out ATSers and others like us. In a post-apocolyptic world of survival, you guys are definatley the ones I would want to have around.

Hey, maybe we should all agree on an official calling card of sorts, and/or official gathering sites when/if this kind of thing occurs.

The winds of change are upon us! Be vigilant, lest you be consumed by the fiery flood.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
well...

hopefully..

at least something happens that makes everyone go "OMG!!!"

and at least" WOW!?"

unlike y2k..i was just sitting there and said "pshhh.." then opened up a can of ravioli's and continued watching the fireworks.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netami
well...

hopefully..

at least something happens that makes everyone go "OMG!!!"

and at least" WOW!?"

unlike y2k..i was just sitting there and said "pshhh.." then opened up a can of ravioli's and continued watching the fireworks.

Agreed - Y2K was a sham... but as a computer science expert, I knew there wouldnt be anything t worry about... I still think it was a mixture of disinfo and mass hysteria that brought that one on us.

But the 2012 thing smells a lot different - there is just too many corroborating factoids out there that line up to that time period for it to not hold any water.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar also said from 1914 to 1920 will be a great time of peace and wise leadership. That was the same time as WWI. So maybe the calendar only applies to Mexico.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
prepearations for 2012 i recommend are :

buying a 2012 calender

practicing moderation during the 2011 festive period

thats about it , everything else will come , one day at a time

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I didn't say I think the world is gona end, I just think something very magnificent will happen! I'm not scared...I just want the aliens to come

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Katun 4-Ahau : (began 1993-2012) There will be scarcities of
corn and squash during this time and will lead to great mortality.
It is the time of remembering and recording knowledge.

? between now & 2012, corn scarcities might develop because of diverting food corn to ethanol production?

maybe, the climate change in these next 5 years, will make food crops scarcer?

the 'remembering & recording' may have to do with the efforts to GM food crops to thrive in the harsher conditions of climate change?
or we might be trying to revive 'heritage' crops that our grandparents had but are no longer commercially available, etc etc

here's a follow up,

see the newly underlined part above, in my off-the-cuff attemp of an explaination.

Is it really uncanny or what?
the news service CBS issued a report & story about pretty well organized protests in Mexico,
over the skyrocketing cost of foods & corn for tortillas specifically.

Article Title: "75,000 Protest Tortilla Prices In Mexico", 02-01-'07
www.cbsnews.com...

it says in part:

...tortilla prices that have doubled over the last year...
driven mostly by the sudden explosion of the U.S. ethanol industry...

?are you open to the interpetation that the predictions/prophecies
of the Maya, contained in the 13 different but repeating Katuns,
are at work here?
Although, this is just the beginning of the 'scarcity', it may come to pass that in the next 5 years, some extreme policies may be the only way for the poor in Mexico to survive after the corn staple is removed from their past way of living.

then, down the road, it may become necessary for Mexico to reluctantly submit to the proposed NorthAmericanUnion (NAU), all stemming from the economic strangulation & population discontent brought on by
the 'scarcity' of corn=maize & the USA's ethanol industry.

not quite the world wide catalclysm you/we have been conditioned to believe would happen in 2012....huh?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
I trust the Mayans and Shamans over any scientist, politician, or..International korfball representative

And look where the Mayan civilisation is now.

Personally I don't think that, because a long-dead civilisation shows it in a calendar, the world will end.

What about Ragnorak? The Vikings (before they were converted to Christianity) believed it would happen so I guess it's as plausible as alien invasions, bilogical uplifts, universal synchronity etc...

As others pointed out I think that it's going to be more of a mix of Y2K and good ol' 06/06/06.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The big question is do we even want to be alive if all the 2012 prophecies come true? Eventually you wouldn't be able to survive.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't think preperation will do anything for us. First off, where would we begin, considering we don't even know what is going to happen. The only thing you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride (and pray).

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I believe that god will come and save the ones who believe in him, and love him as he has loved everyone. No matter what happens, god will keep those who believe safe. If it happens then it happen, there isnt much we can do...at first i was very scared when i heard about it, but now, i am just at peace with it. Because i know god loves me and i will be with my family.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join