It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we prepare for 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
We only have like 5 years to prepare for whatever is going to happen on that year! I do beleive something great will happen.(and hope it does) I'll be 21 when it comes, and I'll be ready for it. I think that aliens will show us new technoligy and tell us alot about the universe. I hope that we can maybe go to their planet! anyway, is anyone scared, excited, or think nothing of it? I think excited and alittle scared...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ready for it? I'm not ready for it.. Something will happen though, something will happen before 2012, something will happen near the end of this year (2007) - though i'm not a predectionist or one that knows what's going to happen next, I just have a gut feeling from my bringing up teachings that something is coming and it's the biggest thing this planet has ever experienced. Like National ID cards to be ready by 2008, this would be a perfect time for God to return, thus prompting the others that are left here to push the ID cards on everyone, if you don't want them, then you don't drive, travel, work, then eat and so on. (unless you like me, have family that cares about family only). The reason this didn't happen when the UK or other nations went to the national cards is cause the entire world hasn't learnt about God and His word yet. Since the Interent and now that wireless is becoming available globally... makes it just that much easier.

Whatever happens, it could be very Glorious for many people but very Bad for the other people, which also will be many. But those that will be in the very bad category, could see it as being very Glorious for them and very Bad for the others.

--- that's just MHO

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am not looking forward to my demise. I dont have a death wish and i have lots of self-preservation, thank you.

I do beleive that our days are numbered and a planet will take a swipe at Earth at that time.

I heard something very interesting. Everything seems to happen on this Earth in cycles, Men walk upright, create primitive weapons, develop into societies that have everything, light, running water, modern buildings, technology, travel to space, and some cyclical event wipes us off the face of the earth- a few are saved and then we start anew.

Right now, about 100 scientists are meeting and they all agree this cycle will come around again around 2012.

People have always had doomsday scenarios, but i do beleive THIS IS THE ONE that does us in. I dont have a sense of anything beyond that time, it could be that we know instinctively that this will be the end of the world as we know it, and the earth will cleanse itself of all that is evil and get a fresh start. They say 1/3 of the worlds population might be saved.
Those who live on the coast lines (like me) are drowning fools.

Also, this will not happen over time. It could happen in just a few hours and there will be no place to go.

Depressing, isnt it.

I wonder just how many people of the earth will take action and head for inland safety? I wonder if there will be a warning of some kind?
How many will actually beleive this event at all?
I cant talk to anyone i know about such things. Its not comfortable to them to hear such things and they dont beleive it anyway.

So, what will it take?

I'm also afraid some will take their lives as they have in the past in anticipation of doomsday as many have been known to have done previously.

I urge people to gather with their families and tell them just how much you love them- but never take your own life.
What will be, will be. It could very well be that we'll be posting here in 2013 and laughing at all this- we just dont really know.

time will tell.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think we might pull off time travel. who knows?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I like to think it's not a doomsday scenario, even tho it very well may be. I like to think of it as we finally get all of our answers, but once we do, life....universe....existance as we know it will not be the same. Possibilities we cant even imagine now will be possible.

Every little mystery we have will be solved, so once we dont need to search for answers our evolution will be over and we will be in an extradimensional paradise. Who knows maybe heaven is being an alien. If we figure out how this whole universe works, we will have free energy, unlimited knowledge, and the capabilities to make our own paradise. I know if I could, I would hop in a spaceship and zip all around the universe and watch all the lil wasteful stupid, cute, funny lil monkey people running around.

Every technology, discovery, or creative process is evolution in progress. There has to be a point we reach when we just simply can't get any more advanced, and judging by the cycles of our technological revolutions, a few years can bring us there. Soon we will have free unlimited energy then we can just make a machine that makes a machine that makes a robot that makes a machine that makes whatever we want.

It could come about lots of ways or all ways at once (aliens give us knowledge, computers become smarter than humans and figure it out for us, we as a whole species have some sort of revelation, etc). I don't think you can prepare for something like this because we have no idea what this is.

The universe is a system that has an unimagineable amount of unseen forces that keep everything going from big bang to big crunch. To understand how it works would be to understand everything past present and future. Remember... Space=Time

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a scientist just released a book on 2012. He discusses the ancient's predictions and uses modern science to look into what many scientists think will be one hell of a year. Major hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, solar storms etc.

I haven't read the book but it might be interesting.

search.barnesandnoble.com...

if you're interested.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Preparation for 2012..

The first thing people need to realise is, no matter how physically prepared you are with survival kits and the like, it won't make a shred of difference.

2012 is not about an Apocalypse, nor is it a "doomsday". The only people it will seem like it is a doomsday event for are our leaders, the people who perpetuate the Annunkai control system which was imposed after the last ascension attempt.

All 2012 is, is the self realisation that we are the co-creators of the reality we experience, which automatically means our current system of government and power systems will collapse (this has begun already!)

The real preparation you need to do is with mind. You need to realise who you really are, walk through your fears, and just accept whats coming without judgement, because ultimately we all agreed to participate in this ascension attempt, and your gonna want to be paying attention when the revealing begins (it will be the most exciting show on air in the universe!)

The whole doomsday scenario is merely the collective fear we all have from our two previous failed ascension attempts (Atlantis and Leumaria).

All you need to know is that this time round, the ascension can not be stopped. Everyone will ascend. You will either go with the flow, or you will be dragged kicking and screaming through it, either way, you can't stop it. Which is why its important to not to fear it, and just realise this is what is ment to happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You guys worry too much. I have indisputable proof that nothing significantly bad will happen in 2012.

The IWGA has already begun soliciting bids for the World Games in 2013. I have the documentation right here on the International Korfball Federation site.

Now would any organization as prestigious as the International Korfball Federation be publicizing events in 2013 if there wasn't going to be a 2013? I think not. Those korfballers are not to be trifled with.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
dude, korfball is a diversionary tactic perpetrated by the same people who brought you synchronized swimming (diversion from mass alien contacts. you would have seen it but you were mesmerized by the swimmers) and curling (full scale, global invasion and subsequent destruction of middle earth dwellers - you would have seen this if curling hadn't been on everyone's mind)

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
You guys worry too much. I have indisputable proof that nothing significantly bad will happen in 2012.

The IWGA has already begun soliciting bids for the World Games in 2013. I have the documentation right here on the International Korfball Federation site.

Now would any organization as prestigious as the International Korfball Federation be publicizing events in 2013 if there wasn't going to be a 2013? I think not. Those korfballers are not to be trifled with.

Lol and you think these people know for certain we're gonna be here?

I trust the Mayans and Shamans over any scientist, politician, or..International korfball representative

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

I trust the Mayans and Shamans over any scientist, politician, or..International korfball representative

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. And for your sake, I just hope the IKF doesn't get wind of this. Put a Mayan and a korfballer in a pit. I guarantee the Mayan says "uncle". Or Mayan equivalent thereof.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
dude, korfball is a diversionary tactic perpetrated by the same people who brought you synchronized swimming

Yes perhaps you haven't yet seen the latest to-be-introduced iteration: Water Korfball.

Should be an Olympic event by 2016. Yeah, I said it - 2016.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

"Korfball originated as a Mayan sport where the losers were sacrificed, their hearts torn, still beating, from their chests. Often times the winners were sacrificed as well. Mayan Korfball, one of the oldest known organized sports, is still played today and many members of the International Korfball Federation are direct descendants of the ancient Mayan civilization.

It should also be noted that many of the terms used in Korfball are actually of Mayan etymology. When someone shuts out the other opponent, completely destroying their offense, the winner is said to have 2012'ed em"

taken from www.crakepedia.com

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's going to be another Y2K flop all over again.

I think you should prepare to sell a lot of "survival stuff" to people who are running for the hills for 2012 (remember Y2K??), but as for me, I'm planning a Caribbean cruise for December 2012.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
there's a bit of a difference between the two, no?

y2k was an industry based on the unknown regarding man made machines.

2012 is a thousands year old prophetic prediction related to more than one ancient civilization and backed up with scientific studies.

what the mayans feared might not be so off the mark. scientists are predicting cracks in the planet's magnetic field, major natural disasters etc. one would think the scientific studies would have a bit more merit than, say, a bunch of programmers unease over what might occur when the numbers roll back to 00

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, yes. A bit of a difference. I'd think we'd have more control, and more ability to predict, what happens with manmade devices. And we can't do that worth squat. Or at least didn't with respect to Y2K.

There's always some gloom and doom prediction floating around, and sooner or later one's bound to be right. Pole shift, massive quakes, super volcanoes, floods, ice age, polar caps melting, something.

I live in the midwest (GO COLTS!). Several years ago there was a big hoo hah about the New Madrid fault and massive quakes were imminent. I mean, like days away. Big furor and everyone prepared for the supposed inevitable. Big meetings, drills, news reports, borderline hysteria. Then a month went by and everyone forgot about it.

And that's the danger - sooner or later something big always hits the fan, then no one will be ready. But I personally believe the ability to pinpoint anything catastrophic down to a particular year, especially years in advance, is hooey.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Matthew 24:36-44
"No one knows about the date and the hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the Ark; and then they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away....."
"Therefore, keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come......So you must also be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him."

People may wonder how they can be "ready", and I've seen many interesting ideas here on ATS about getting prepared from different members, i.e., stockpiling provisions, moving to remote locations, prayer, just to name a few. I'd like to share my ideas on being prepared for the end, whether it be 2012, or tomorrow; they can be summed up like this:
'Love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul and mind', and,
'Love my neighbor as myself'.

That's it.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If something bad happens on 2012 like some people say it is. My Bug-out-Kit will contain a bottle of Jack Daniels, so I can pass out quick and not remember anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
if something is gonna to happen at 2012.....all gouvernments in the world would denied it!....... think of the panic of "war of the worlds"....ofcourse they prepare for it..saving all goods and personal for keeping the powers
in the meantime all goes on even the olympics in london.....

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmo928
We only have like 5 years to prepare for whatever is going to happen on that year!

anyway, is anyone scared, excited, or think nothing of it?
I think excited and alittle scared...

Take whatever you want from the predictions
(over-the-top, sensationalized, imho...)

for a concise background read this page:
2012eschaton.com...

Briefly, the ~dire~ prophecy of the 2012 end date,
actually has to do with a series of 'katun' (a 19.7 year cycle)
that was intended as a Mayan Prophecy vehicle, which the priests & shaman devised to layout a forecast,
or fate for the masses, and was meant specifically for the Maya peoples,
[i don't think the prophecy 'short count' calendar was intended for the whole world, in this modern age]

Katun 4-Ahau : (began 1993-2012) There will be scarcities of
corn and squash during this time and will lead to great mortality.
It is the time of remembering and recording knowledge.

? between now & 2012, corn scarcities migh develop because of diverting food corn to ethanol production?
maybe, the climate change in these next 5 years, will make food crops scarcer?

the 'remembering & recording' may have to do with the efforts to GM food crops to thrive in the harsher conditions of climate change?
or we might be trying to revive 'heritage' crops that our grandparents had but are no longer commercially available, etc etc

Immediately, on Dec 22, 2012, a new Long-Count calendar begins;
also a new short-count prophecy cycle starts with;

Katun 2-Ahau: (begin 2012-2032) For half this katun there will be food, for half this katun some misfortunes.
This katun will bring the end of the "Word Of God"
It is a time of uniting for a cause.

i suppose the 'misfortunes' should be in the 1st half to coincide with the corn, squash (food) shortages??
the end of the 'word of god' could that mean 'Gospel', as in Islam conquers the world??
the 'uniting' could be a lot of things, including aliens from space...etc etc

Cosmo928, whatever tact you take, do it well

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join