It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our ties to the Coast to Coast show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There are plenty of people out here who think that what I do is batty. thankfully, there are just enough who think that I'm not totally nuts. For every fan of what goes on here, you will find a detractor. I'm actually glad when somebody complains that I am too mainstream. Makes me feel so...sane.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
There are plenty of people out here who think that what I do is batty. thankfully, there are just enough who think that I'm not totally nuts. For every fan of what goes on here, you will find a detractor. I'm actually glad when somebody complains that I am too mainstream. Makes me feel so...sane.

Justin, I hope that you get the chance to be on C2C. You seem to be sincere about getting your message out.

If you do get a chance to speak on C2C, Will you please let all of us know beforehand? I would really like to hear the slot.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Justin, I hope that you get the chance to be on C2C. You seem to be sincere about getting your message out. If you do get a chance to speak on C2C, Will you please let all of us know beforehand? I would really like to hear the slot.

I've been self-promoting for almost three years. There's a lot more to this kind of thing than meets the eye. C2C gets as many as a hundred requests and introductions each day. In many cases, it's not always what you know, but who you know.

In many respects, I'm no different than anyone else here. I have a point of view, and I've put it on paper. I've been writing on my subject for some time, but that's still not enough to make me noteable to the point where I can get the kind of gigs that will rock the world.

The people you most often hear on C2C have been doing this kind of thing for more than twenty years. A lot of people talk about them, which generates a buzz that makes the various show hosts want to have them on the air. It's worth noting that C22 and ATS wouldn't be here for us to enjoy if they didn't make money. Until you become "bank," which means that having you on the air means making money, you won't be heard on most of the shows that we all know about.

I'm proud of what I've done, but I know there's more to come. I have written the ATS amigos and I hope to hear from them. I'd like their advices on how to proceed. I'd like to think that I could generate some good buzz for ATS. Even so, there's a lot more to be done. Some of you might be quick to call me a sell-out, but there really is a commercial side to this that has to be tended to. Google me, check the tinwiki, or drop me a note. I'm grateful for the opportunity that ATS has given me, and I hope you will all be able to say, "I know that guy."

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Last post. I too the plunge and made my pitch. Odds are long, but we weill see what we see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join