It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you look at the board to post??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Do you guys look at the "recent posts"? or do you just peruse the board and search for the most intriguing threads?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
the most easiest way is to use the "recent posts" tab up above...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
FOr what it's worth I usually check recent posts for ATS/BTS and sometimes PTS and then from there its whatever strikes my fancy.

Sometimes I'll do a search on something that's got me intrigued for the moment and then see what threads pop up.

I'm sure others have a real system.

SPiderj

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Actually, that's a great question maybebaybe, and welcome to ATS.

Recent Posts is one way, but there is much to click on here. You can click on each individual forum, both from the home page, as well as from recent posts, and get a listing of threads for that forum. You can use the search function, and find your interests that way, too. You've got links on the left of the home page of the most active recent threads, as well as member blogs to choose from on the lower left of the home page, as well as in the member signature area. And then there's the links at the very top which can take you any number of places too. Click on any member name and you get a list of threads they have started.

Fascinating place really, and hope you enjoy your stay!

And yes, forgot to mention MYATS, and check out the member center. There's so many ways, it's too many to list! But fun!

[edit on 30-1-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
FOr what it's worth I usually check recent posts for ATS/BTS and sometimes PTS and then from there its whatever strikes my fancy.

Sometimes I'll do a search on something that's got me intrigued for the moment and then see what threads pop up.

I'm sure others have a real system.

SPiderj

Hey, thats a real system!
Well, at least it seems real. I know, because it works for me too.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
LOL..so far me as well. this is a great forum, and i must admit i have been a lurker for quite some time. been working up the courage to post. Finally I am here!!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I use MyATS mostly, but do often use Recent Posts as well.

Unless I am looking for something specific, then I will go to individual forums and browse the thread lists there.

And once in a blue moon I will use the new "group" functions on the board main pages. ATS, BTS and PTS, respectively.

There is a lot of different ways to navigate here.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Hey, thats a real system!
Well, at least it seems real. I know, because it works for me too.

Ah, great minds thinking and stuff.

Had no idea I had a system...dang we're clever people SD

I too like the group function...I like a lot of the new stuff actually.

Spiderj

Edit because my english am bad.

[edit on 1/30/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When first go onto ATS I check the forums I like posting on the most (Introduction, Board Business, Current Events) Then I use the Recent Posts button (Which I just found recently
) for looking at stuff.

And welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Welcome To ATS, first of all.

I use Firefox, so on my toolbar I have an icon for ATS/BTS/PTS. Each one links to the Recent Posts. When I go into a post and read through it, there are times that I open up a second tab and start running searches on ATS to look for older threads that may have discussed a similar topic. This adds to my perspective on the current thread, and gives me more information to respond with.

I have never used the myATS, lol, and I'm sure I can figure it out, just never took the time. I just remember thread titles in my head, and type the title into the Google search to find them.

I find cross-referencing threads to be important though. If you're reading a thread on Iran posturing against the US, for instance, it helps to read through older threads on Iran, so you can get a deeper understanding of the wording used in the new article. You may find some parts were debunked earlier that are still used by the MSM, or you may find new vantage points to current issues.

Oh, I also have no life.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

I have never used the myATS,

OMG!

You probably have hundreds of "subscribed threads"

Every time you reply to a thread or post a new thread, a link to that thread is added to your "Subscribed Threads" list in MyATS, if it is not there already. If it is there already, it is moved to the top.

I'd hate to be the one to have to "clean" that list, of all the outdated threads.

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
OMG!

You probably have hundreds of "subscribed threads"

I just had a look. There were um... quite a bit. Looks like an interesting feature. I just deleted them all (no I did not count them first), so maybe now that I can start fresh I will try this myATS.

:shk: Poor me...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I work at computer all day so I just minimize my explorer with ATS logged on and maximize every few minutes or so and hit the recent button.I get news on here faster than it comes on TV sometimes.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Digital_Reality]

new topics

top topics

join