It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of Champ has vanished! Or has it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Below, you will find an article with it's Link from Cryptomundo, concerning a sighting of "Champ".

This sighting was truly something special, as anybody who has seen it can attest. It actually shows 2 creatures, up close and personal, just below the surface of the water, at the side of a fishing boat. These creatures look about as real as anything on the Discovery Channel!

The one creature actually bites at the other during the video.

Anyway, I recently looked for this video, and have been unable to find it. There are links for it all over the web, but they either go nowhere, or lead to a video of another, long-distance sighting that is unrelated.

The primary link that I have found, points to a Good Morning America show website. But, the footage on that site, as I said, is of an unrelated sighting.

So, as far as I can tell, some of the most compelling footage ever taken of a Cryptid has just disappeared, and nobody knows where it is.

So, anybody want to bite at this one? Any thoughts?

Also, should this be posted here, or under "Conspiracy Theories"?

The photo at this link is one of three. They are all I have been able to find of the sighting.
i138.photobucket.com...

www.cryptomundo.com...

Champ Video to Be Shown on Good Morning America Monday, February 13

Posted by: John Kirk on February 12th, 2006

You might remember that last August, two Vermont anglers, Richard Affolter and Peter Bodette, claimed to have filmed the monster of Lake Champlain as it allegedly frolicked around their boat at the mouth of the Ausable River. At first they thought the object they were looking at was railroad tie, but realized it was too long for that. They then claimed the subject of their video began to move in a "serpentine manner", but don’t say whether it swam in the horizontal plane as a snake would or in an undulating fashion as aquatic mammals do. The creature left a sizable wake which they described as a series of patterned ripples like corduroy.

In one segment of the footage, what looks like part of an alligator head breaks the surface and sunlight reflects off what appears to be the eye of the beast. Others who have viewed the footage have expressed their opinion that it looks like an otter’s eye and nose. Affolter and Bodette claim they were able to move their boat as close as 20 - 30 yards from the creature before it submerged from view.

Well, if you tune in to Good Morning America on ABC between 7:30 - 7:40a.m tomorrow (Monday, February 13) you will be able to see the footage for yourself. I have gone through a lot of reports from people who have seen the video and there is clearly a dark shape under the surface. The question is: Is it Champ, or something else? Tune in tomorrow and judge for yourself. You can see a little preview photo of what the footage shows by clicking here

There is a distinct dark patch in the middle of the photo and it will be interesting to see what shows up. I have seen other videos from Lake Champlain that range from the very interesting to a school of fish misidentified as a monster.

For more on tomorrow’s program check out this article here.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by IeatALIENS]

```````````````````````````````
Replaced 'quote' tags with 'ex' tags for external material

[edit on 7/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The author of the video may have decided not to release it to the public any longer, due to scrutiny, maybe the creature was found to be something else, or maybe he was proven to have hoaxer.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It just seems strange to me.
Did you see the footage?
It was as real as anybody could have ever wanted. This was NOT a hoax!
These 2 creatures were moving and snapping at each other.
Then, it just disappeared.
Just seems strange to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've been looking into this guy's fishing records, and it seems he is a champion catfish angler. There could be a possibility of what you saw as being two catfish. Many great lakes which people report seeing Lake Monsters at also contain huge catfish that can reach over 5 feet in length.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think this is the video that you are talking about.

video.google.com...

Its nice, but I really don't think it is anything to special. Its really tough to get a good look at it or them. I think it could possibly be two large northern pike.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That was basically the worst 2 seconds of the footage!

The things are so bizarre looking, at first they look like fronds or something. Until another comes up besides the first, and they snap at each other.

Thanks for the find, but, as you can tell, there is more missing.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I've been searching for the videos still. So far, I've learned that the fisherman is a master catfish angler who has written to online newsletter showing his pride in coming out of the closet. Still no Champ though.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I've been searching for the videos still. So far, I've learned that the fisherman is a master catfish angler who has written to online newsletter showing his pride in coming out of the closet. Still no Champ though.

In the immortal words of the Tick...

Neat!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Howdy,

I still can't make my mind up on the Champ film your talking about, but you can go here www.bigfootforums.com... and get some good info and stills (some animated) and such.

Later

Ruff

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Howdy,

I still can't make my mind up on the Champ film your talking about, but you can go here www.bigfootforums.com... and get some good info and stills (some animated) and such.

Later

Ruff

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I still can't make my mind up on the Champ film your talking about, but you can go here www.bigfootforums.com...

Strange enough, the website's license is "expired" a couple of days after you post the link. Something fishy (no pun intended) seems to be going on with that video. Next time anyone finds any other stills, images, or clips of it, save it to your comp please.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I just wanted to point out a observation I have made about the alleged Champ footage. I usually post over on the 911 forum but I have always loved the Crypto stuff. I read this thread and followed the links and it seems like many people feel that this may be video of a pike or muskie, I would like the fisherman here to answer this question please. A while back this video was posted on ATS and someone much better than myself on a computer posted the video that would run over and over in a loop, you could really pick out alot of detail when you watch it run over and over, SO here's the question, Can a Pike or Muskie Blink It's Eyes? on the video when running in a loop you can clearly see this animal blink it's eyes closed, it's just before it turns away, it seems to open it's mouth, close it, then blinks it's black eyes, then it turns to the right ( it's right ) and dives down, the only Pike I saw in life was when some idiot caught one and put it in the local kiddie pond, it had died and floated to the edge, turtles were doing their job and eating it, it is a fearsome looking creature and wouldn't want to see one when swimming naked that's for sure. Heard they can get big enough to eat a full grown duck, but can they blink their eyes? or do they have some kind of membrane like a shark since they are a predator fish? Just wanted to ask this from someone who has seen the video and dealt with these fish in person, thanks alot I look forward to your replies. Rick.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It would be hard to answer your question, because I doubt many here have seen the video in question. It certainly sounds like a promising video, but for whatever reason it seems to have gone rare on the internet.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thank you for that quick reply, the video loop I saw was here on ATS maybe someone with more experience on this site can find it. I forgot to add that on the video you can also see what looks like nostrils on the end of the snout, it looks as if it lifts its head slightly and flexes its nostrils, almost as if it's smelling something, then it blinks it's eyes and leaves, so, same question, do either one of the fish mentioned before have nostrils like that? They are clearly seen on the video but not nearly as clearly as the eye blink. Thanks again, I'll try looking for the previous post with the loop in it later.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
OK, well that didn't work, I was trying to post some pics and a animation that was made from the pics and I lost everything. This link, Lake Champlain NY Loch Ness - new video!!! , has some pics on it as well as other information, it also has some interesting video (different one) of a Champ sighting, on the first page there is a link that has video of a huge monster it's not Champ but it is scary!!
, it comes on after the advertisement. Well since I don't know how to load video or pics yet just hunt through the link to see the animation, it's not as good as the video I saw but you can clearly see the creature close its eyes before turning away, hope this helps and thanks again.
P.S. Can someone else find and post that animation on this thread please.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

[edit on 8-2-2007 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Siha! RUFFREADY, koszonam szepen for posting those links so quickly. I'll figure out how to do it sooner or later. These animations are not as good as the video but you can clearly see 2 black eyes close as the creature turns its head. This is what I would like the fishermen out there to look at, can a pike/muskie blink it's eyes?, are these eyes in the correct location on the head for a pike/muskie? Without the benefit of a close inspection to me it looks like a big version of a eel they have for sale at the local pet store, same blinking eyes, same protruding lips, and same nostrils. The one fish I saw had teeth sticking out of its jaws that were very pronounced, this thing opens it's mouth and it appears to have only small teeth. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hmmm...those images look very convincing. I'm sure the video would be amazing to see. The only problem I can find in the video is the vicinity between the two creatures. Given the description of Champ, it is very strange to see such large creatures about a foot apart, given their body mass. Though, there is a possibility that the creatures are offsprings too. Still, if anyone finds the video and posts it, you will be my new hero.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Champ could be easily mistooken for a whale or dolphin fin. But! I still think that Champ could exist becuase of sightings that actually looked like a serpent!!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
OK, thanks again for posting the animation. Does anyone else see the eyes on the head? I know this isn't as good as the video but you can still make out some great detail. Look at the animation when it starts, the creature almost looks as if it's staring right at the camera, then it closes it's eyes and turns right, at this time it appears that a "fin" comes up from beneath the boat. Is the creature using this to turn it's neck, if it is then it's probably not a fish. What is that in the upper part of the screen? is it a body of another animal or the same one? Can anybody enhance the image or remove the glare? I never saw the whole video, supposedly the fisherman filmed it more than once, on the one I saw it did not move like a fish does, kind of side to side, this thing moved to the right and then kind of rolled it's head down and to the right in a very liquid motion, think like a undulating snake movement, You never did see a tail when it did that. Thanks again and still waiting for the fishermen out there to give me some feedback as my experience with Pike / Muskie is limited, thanks again. Rick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join