It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smuggler Tunnels Between Us And Mexico Remain Open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Seven major tunnels used by smugglers from Mexico coming into the US have remain unfilled because of a lack of money needed to complete the project. The tunnels have supposedly been plugged at both ends, but remain unfilled due to a host of problems, including crossing under private property.

www.foxnews.com
SAN DIEGO — While key entrance and exit points have been plugged in some of the biggest tunnels used to ferry people and drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border, the passageways remain largely intact raising concerns smugglers reuse them, according to a published report.

In recent years, dozens of tunnels have been discovered running under the border. The smaller, more crudely constructed passages are easily destroyed, authorities say. But the larger, more elaborate tunnels require enormous amounts of material and expertise to fill.

The task to jam up an entire route also is costly and sometimes complicated if the tunnels run under private property, authorities say.

According to a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times, seven of the largest tunnels discovered under the U.S.-Mexico border have yet to be filled in, including the so-called Grande Tunnel found in January 2006 that extends nearly half a mile from San Diego to Tijuana.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

To fill the tunels would cost $2.7 million. The Border Patrol says it doesn't have the money. The 2007 budget of the Department of Homeland Security is $7.8 billion.

In my opinion, they don't need to be completely filled in in order to be neutralized.

So, how much does a couple of tons of dynamite cost?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How else would those "cells" come into this country if it wasnt for the open borders?
Now, they want to xray people walking on the streets, but the borders will remain open.
Terror alerts on one hand, open borders on the other.
What's wrong with this picture?
I still cant figure it out, but i've come to the conclusion that i'm NOT supposed to figure it out at all. Just live with the schitzophrenia and deal with the madness.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just as long as the many tons of dynamite or C4 are used on the mexican side of the border, we already have enough damage here from them.

new topics

join